Review Autopsy/vent thread vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filthy with the effort that a number of players showed today. Jones, Young and Cross can really hold their heads high. Griff, Coon, Morris and Roughy all tried hard all day and did some good things. Shattering to see Wood go down early. Not much else.

Summed up by the 1st goal scored in what- 11 seconds? I mean they did thatr from centre all game.

Higgins- Woeful
Gia - Not sighted
Campbell - Way off
But many others added to that today

Only Young, Griffin, Cooney, Morris, Roughie and Jones can hold their head up today.

Terrible from start to finish.

Absolutely disgraceful performance. It looks like the teacher's message isn't getting through again.

Crossy deserved better. Much better.

I'm finding "living in hope" getting more and more difficult to accept.

Out: Higgins (soft), Dickson (standard below), Smith (need balance), Wood (lol another hammy), Campbell (holy ****)

In: Macrae, Stringer, Boyd, JJ, Williams

If we don't drop Higgins we are now demonstrating a point because you have 'potential'
You may stay in even though you've meant to have gone a level up the past ****ing 4 seasons and even though you are soft as a **** here's another chance.

Positives
Got a few laughs from the game day thread
Jones, Cooney
Stringer and Macrae yesterday.
Watching Macca's reaction to our Deemonesque performance. Opportunity to set an example of some players.
I don't have to watch the replay so can sneak in another surf.

Negatives
I'll leave that to everyone else... Mostly already mentioned in the game day thread. But please please please let's see a quicker more desperate forward line next week.

I cant wait to read the excuses why grown men who are paid ridiculous amounts of money to represent us and our team should be forgiven and given another chance to dissapoint us.

I know im not liked for my views - but i will say it again just to enlighten some of the members who dont recognise the history of this club and what it means to some of us. When we were told by excuse makers that our time was up , it was people like me and many on this board that defied convention and all the odds to make sure the excuse makers had a team to support week in week out. This club is our as much as it is theirs. I'm a full member of this club and have been for 30 years even though i have lived 8000km away from the WO for the past 15 years. I and many others like me didnt and wont accept lack of effort for the red-white-and blue. Thank good our fate wasnt in the hands of the meek when the writing was on the wall. I cant hate a fellow bulldog supporter because to me they are family. However im very dissappointed in the lack of guts to call a spade a spade that some of u possess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do NOT talk crap about our club on our board. Especially after a loss. Repeated offences will result in lengthy bans
With the teams you have beaten so far to get 3-0 it wouldn't surprise me if the flag is all yours this season. You have just played powerhouse after powerhouse and you continue to win!

What a club!!

Hey you turds hung your hat on a 6 goal loss to Freo in Melbourne and come over to our board all week telling us how much you were going to beat us by. Take your medicine.

I cant wait to read the excuses why grown men who are paid ridiculous amounts of money to represent us and our team should be forgiven and given another chance to dissapoint us.

I know im not liked for my views - but i will say it again just to enlighten some of the members who dont recognise the history of this club and what it means to some of us. When we were told by excuse makers that our time was up , it was people like me and many on this board that defied convention and all the odds to make sure the excuse makers had a team to support week in week out. This club is our as much as it is theirs. I'm a full member of this club and have been for 30 years even though i have lived 8000km away from the WO for the past 15 years. I and many others like me didnt and wont accept lack of effort for the red-white-and blue. Thank good our fate wasnt in the hands of the meek when the writing was on the wall. I cant hate a fellow bulldog supporter because to me they are family. However im very dissappointed in the lack of guts to call a spade a spade that some of u possess.

In reply...let me just quote you from just 11 days ago:

very even team this year - i dont know if it's 13 wins or 3 but there aren't that many floggings in our future - our balance and ala carte pick and choose forward setup with gia higs cooney and murph in the fwd half for 80% game time coupled with the fwd talls means we gunna score and score well. That puts pressure scoreboard pressure - the best pressure of all.

now we gotta get better at playing this way. some say if we play this good we can win this much .. what if stringer plays and we play better - like in 1997 when we went to the prelim from 2nd bottom in front of fitzroy.

the best thing about this game was is some places we cant get a hell of a lot better and that is exciting - we have got ripper kids and lots of them Bmac's fatherly persona will get the best out of them - everything seems to be jelling together nicely thank you very much....

What about a bit of balance man? Hold your nerve - it's going to be a long season.

This was a resounding echo from last year. From a few minutes into the first quarter it looked like a question of how much Richmond would win by. The structure was terrible, with Richmond having unhindered players all over the paddock. Once again, and maybe it's because I'm looking for it, the players seem to wait for their opposition to take possession and then lay the tackle rather than go get the ball. We went a long way backward today, there was nothing that looked like progress.

Cooney, Griffin, and Tom Young were very good (Tom Young is a real find). It wasn't so much that any one player looked terrible, it was just the ineffectiveness of our structure (unmarked Tigers everywhere), and playing style (over reliance on short hand passes, aimless kicks into the 50, too much playing the man and not the ball).

Most frightening for mine was that the score flattered us (we got some very lucky goals, not due to a skilful balanced build up, and they missed so many). I hope we can reverse this, and uncork the style used to such great effect against Brisbane.

We looked tired, disinterested, and unwilling to go hard at it. It was definitely not the team I saw play the Lions.
Very little pressure, very poor skills and poor decision making.
Coons, Cross, Jones, Griff, Young, Roughie and Moz were the only ones that gave all 4Qs.
Campbell looked lost, which put extra pressure on Minson.
Smashed in the midfield. Lower couldnt keep Cotchin under wraps at all. Deledio, Grigg, Martin had a day out.
Higgins makes me very sad, did nothing, didn't look like he was all that bothered to be out there.
Wood was unlucky.
I expect a few to be playing for Willi next week.

I'm really not so convinced about Picken these days. He kills us with the turnovers. Maybe JJ will force his place over next 12 months.

Not sure what he provides any more, other than trying hard.

Campbell, Gia, Higgins & Dickson in the forwardline - combined stats 1 goal, 5 tackles, 22 touches between them.
Disasterous.
Macrae to debut next week, Vez must be close. Even Grant a chance?

Shame Stringer lacks match fitness.

Not sure what he provides any more, other than trying hard.

It seems he's finding it hard to adjust to a proper defensive role in defense, rather than the tagging role which he was used to. Maybe there isn't space for both Lower and Picken.
I hope he finds his feet though, I love Picks.

Richmond played well, really well. But we also let them play well. Zero pressure or effort from the middle in the first half. Zero. Only Griff did anything in the second. No uncontested running, no support running, no chasing, no pressure at all. Not sure what happened to Libba and Wallis today, they were both terrible. Smith was no better.

Back line, given everything else - was ok. Young, Morris, Roughead were ok. Goodes faded out in the second half when it started raining goals. Cooney had to play more in the middle during the second half, so we may need to look at how to get Howard/Pearce into the side to release Cooney more.

Forward line was 2012 vintage shambles. Except for Jones, who was bloody fantastic. If we'd had a midfield, he'd have gone close to double figures.

Changes: Higgins, Dickson, Wood, Campbell, Gia, Smith - out

In: Boyd, JJ (shouldn't have been dropped in the first place), Cordy, Stringer, Macrae, Tutt (?? - worked hard yesterday). Maybe Tutt or Pearce.

Perhaps:
B: Goodes Roughead Morris
HB: JJ Young Pearce
C: Stevens Boyd Griff
HF: Murphy Jones Cooney
F: Dahl Cordy Stringer
R: Minson Libba Lower

I: Wallis Cross Macrae - Tutt

GOALS
Richmond:
Riewoldt 5, Deledio 3, McGuane 3, S. Edwards 2, Martin 2, Knights, Houli, Jackson, Tuck, Maric
Western Bulldogs: Jones 4, Cooney 2, Stevens, Griffen, Giansiracusa, Dahlhaus

BEST
Richmond:
Martin, Deledio, Cotchin, Houli, Maric, Morris, McGuane
Western Bulldogs: Cooney, Griffen, Jones, Morris, Wallis

INJURIES
Richmond:
Jake Batchelor (ankle) replaced in selected side by Chris Knights
Western Bulldogs: Ayce Cordy (back tightness) replaced in selected side by Tom Campbell, Easton Wood (hamstring), Dickson (ankle)

SUBSTITUTES
Richmond:
Chris Knights replaced by Brandon Ellis in the fourth quarter
Western Bulldogs: Easton Wood (hamstring) replaced by Clay Smith in the first quarter

Reports: Nil
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2013/3/rich-v-wb

In reply...let me just quote you from just 11 days ago:

What about a bit of balance man? Hold your nerve - it's going to be a long season.

You cannot accept what happened today as "a bad day". One step forward two steps back is still goin backwards. No accountability will lead us to a place of no return. How many times can you forgive the same mistake before you act - 2 years or so of no accountability have resulted in us moving in the wrong direction. Elite sportmen are soldiers and we need a general to lead us not a softly spoken nice guy - who btw has never played the game at any level close to afl. I was shocked when we hired him - im now very very concerned that this person will turn us into a rabble from which we will take years to recover. Its obvious the lions game was more the lions doining than ours. if we played that game another 100 times we would lose 99 of them im sure.

As an outsider looking in (due to my exposure to european clubs and sporting organisations - clubs which have players that cost Collingwood and Essendons yearly total budgets combined) its obvious that this competition is very slanted against us (fixturing, stadium deals, salary caps, coverups and so forth) its not really a competion its more like prowrestling this afl theatre piece that we call pro sport. So when a club like ours compounds the issue by making inept decisions (and i rate this coaching appointment up there with rohdes in the mid 2000s) i get very very nervous. We are in deep shit right now - i hope im wrong and the excusemakers are right - but the last 2 years dont allow for much optomism do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back