Movie Top 5 Most Overrated Films

Remove this Banner Ad

Die Hard worked because people were getting sick of the Schwarzenegger/Stallone action films and Willis was able to play a more human hero (which is ironic seeing what he becomes in the later films). Rickman was also one of the better film villains.
I grew up LOVING Die Hard and i can't imagine anything changing. It's AWESOME, the one liners :D

"it was the night before christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring... except for the 4 arseholes coming in the rear"

I grew up LOVING Die Hard and i can't imagine anything changing. It's AWESOME, the one liners :D

"it was the night before christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring... except for the 4 arseholes coming in the rear"

It was such a breath of fresh air from all the 80's cliche one liners that Arnie and Stallone used to throw around.

My top 5

5. The Departed
4. The English Patient
3. Training Day
2. Million Dollar Baby
1. Shakespeare in Love

These are all Best Movie winners and were either overrated or the best of a bad bunch in the year that they got the gong.

As an alternative to Academy Award Winners (which are full of s**t), a good way to tell if a film's overrated is to look at the imdb rating, as films are rated by the public.

imdb top 250:
http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?ref_=nb_mv_3_chttp

Boy does the Shawshank Sheshemption stick out like a sore thumb or what?

I haven't seen Apocalypse now - a pox on me :eek: Seriously have been meaning to forever but haven't got around to it.

It's good. So is Conrad's Heart of Darkness which it was based upon.

It was such a breath of fresh air from all the 80's cliche one liners that Arnie and Stallone used to throw around.

My top 5

5. The Departed
4. The English Patient
3. Training Day
2. Million Dollar Baby
1. Shakespeare in Love

These are all Best Movie winners and were either overrated or the best of a bad bunch in the year that they got the gong.
Elaine, you didn't like the movie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, how on earth does fear and loathing make it to an overrated list.

Would nearly make mine. People love it and I have no idea why.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark (come at me)
2. Annie Hall
3. Dr. Strangelove
4. History of Violence (not as hyped, but I find it to be a very poor film)
5. The Big Lebowski

1. Fight Club - good film; but the way some people hold it up as their bible is alarming.

2. The Dark Knight - Ledger was fantastic, the rest was meh, and I thought Begins was better.

3. Inglourious Basterds - pretty sure Tarantino made this with his heae up his arse. Kudos to Waltz and the chick who played Shosanna, though - focused solely on them, the movie would have been salvageable.

4. Dances With Wolves - sappy forgettable Costner s**t.

5. The Blair Witch Project - **** that movie.
I so hated that movie - dislike most Costner wank

1. Donnie Darko.... I am too stupid to understand this movie
2. The English Patient.... junk.... Loooooong junk
3. Shakespeare in Love - can't stand Gwyneth
4. Silver Lining Playbook - sooooo over hyped
5. Michael Clayton - can't stand Tilda Swinton

5. Michael Clayton - can't stand Tilda Swinton
Agree that it was an ordinary film but how awesome was that last scene? Almost made it worth sitting through the first 90 mins...... But not quite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back