News New jumpers for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lime Green is the only answer.
ClashNeon-1_zps9c2eb05b.gif

Just think of this with Michael Roach instead of Moorcroft, and Yellow where you see Red.
No clash.

I maintain there'd be pretty much no clash if they just wore yellow with a black sash. Just like there's minimal clash when Gold Coast play St Kilda.

Lime Green is the only answer.
ClashNeon-1_zps9c2eb05b.gif

Just think of this with Michael Roach instead of Moorcroft, and Yellow where you see Red.
No clash.

Hahaha i swear you just whip that out whenever you can :p

And no added@$$ logo either mate ;)

Impossible to make a suitable clash using their own colours when West Coast wears a guernsey with the front mainly light, and the back mainly dark.

Black sash on yellow or black/yellow sash on white would work fine.

I actually really like West Coast's tri-panel guernsey. I think it looks classy. Obviously the problem with it is the clash. But that's not West Coast's problem, it's the clubs that don't produce a good enough clash guernsey to play in against them.

It's still a huge problem withthe AFL's clash policy, there still seems to be a culture of 'it's a fault of the combination of guernseys.' We need to appreciate that it's the away team who have the obligation to avoid any clash.

Surely the AFL had an obligation back in 1995 to say No to the Eagles when they adopted Navy as one of their colours. And the change in 2000 hasn't helped much either.
The West Coast Eagles don't own their colours, or their logos, the AFL do.
The AFL should rectify their own mistake and make sure clubs don't create designs that are going to cause clashes with other clubs.
Just tell West Coast they have to wear Royal Blue and Gold. Except when they play Footscray, when they can wear Gold & Royal Blue.

The AFL has returned to the old rule where the away team always has to wear white shorts regardless of it makes a clash worse. Only exceptions are Swans and Suns can wear red shorts in away games.

Opponents of those two are also exempt. No-one wears white shorts against Sydney except Gold Coast and vice-versa.

Surely the AFL had an obligation back in 1995 to say No to the Eagles when they adopted Navy as one of their colours. And the change in 2000 hasn't helped much either.
The West Coast Eagles don't own their colours, or their logos, the AFL do.
The AFL should rectify their own mistake and make sure clubs don't create designs that are going to cause clashes with other clubs.
Just tell West Coast they have to wear Royal Blue and Gold. Except when they play Footscray, when they can wear Gold & Royal Blue.
Nobody else wears navy and yellow.

I think the AFL is right in letting the clubs wear what they like, unless when someone sees the guernsey they are confused as to if it's Club A's or Club B's.

For example, when the Tasmania Devils join the AFL in 3829, don't let them wear black with a reverse yellow sash.

But if Geelong decides next year they want to wear navy with white sash, let them, because nobody else wears something too similar to that.

Just means some teams will need to wear clash against Geelong even though they didn't before.

Nobody else wears navy and yellow.

I think the AFL is right in letting the clubs wear what they like, unless when someone sees the guernsey they are confused as to if it's Club A's or Club B's.

For example, when the Tasmania Devils join the AFL in 3829, don't let them wear black with a reverse yellow sash.

But if Geelong decides next year they want to wear navy with white sash, let them, because nobody else wears something too similar to that.

Just means some teams will need to wear clash against Geelong even though they didn't before.

That's exactly my point.
People think Navy with a White sash will be fine, but then they find out it looks very similar to Carlton, West Coast and when they play at night, Richmond.
What they should have done is test it in the first place, and then decide whether it was suitable or not.
In this case, it would not be. So they either stay with what they have, or they provide a clash jumper for games between the two.
Or, the AFL provides a real clash alternative colour, which no club is allowed to adopt. personally, I'm for Lime Green. The Canberra Raiders make it work. These clash jumpers are not designed as a retail product, but as an actual solution.

That's exactly my point.
People think Navy with a White sash will be fine, but then they find out it looks very similar to Carlton, West Coast and when they play at night, Richmond.
What they should have done is test it in the first place, and then decide whether it was suitable or not.
In this case, it would not be. So they either stay with what they have, or they provide a clash jumper for games between the two.
In this case, it would not be, so Carlton, West Coast, and Richmond would be required to provide and wear an effective clash against them, just like every club should be required to do against every other club that they clash with :)

When the Nashville Predators announced they wanted to change their uniforms a few years back, the NHL compared their 'dark' jersey (which is gold) to the white jerseys the away team wears and run them past TV cameras and in all sorts of lighting conditions to ensure there would be no clash. The AFL should do this too for all future jumper changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the Nashville Predators announced they wanted to change their uniforms a few years back, the NHL compared their 'dark' jersey (which is gold) to the white jerseys the away team wears and run them past TV cameras and in all sorts of lighting conditions to ensure there would be no clash. The AFL should do this too for all future jumper changes.
It doesn't matter if the new uniform creates a clash, so long as the away team finds something to wear that's not going to clash.

In this case, it would not be, so Carlton, West Coast, and Richmond would be required to provide and wear an effective clash against them, just like every club should be required to do against every other club that they clash with :)

The only way that's going to happen is for the clash jumpers to be in non-club colours.
This, however, means they will not be popular with supporters.
So the AFL decides it's either a retail product to sell and make money from, or a resolution to jumper clashes.
As it stands, Adelaide, Essendon, Hawthorn and Melbourne are the only clubs with Clash jumpers in non-club colours.
By compromising for some, the AFL is allowing the situation to stay the same for others.

It doesn't matter if the new uniform creates a clash, so long as the away team finds something to wear that's not going to clash.

That's causing a problem, then resolving it with a solution that hasn't worked to this point.
Why not avoid the problem in the first place?

I reckon that just confirms the AFL's view on red as a colour, they view it as middle ground, neither dark nor light
I think it depends on what the secondary colour is.
Gold Coast has yellow as a secondary colour, so that automatically makes it light.
Sydney has white, red is now light.
Essendon has black, so if they had a simple inverse for their away, it'd be dark.

I think it depends on what the secondary colour is.
Gold Coast has yellow as a secondary colour, so that automatically makes it light.
Sydney has white, red is now light.
Essendon has black, so if they had a simple inverse for their away, it'd be dark.
What if it was red with a black sash and white shorts?

Well they would be wearing the white shorts because the red on their jumper is a dark colour, right? Maybe, I don't even know.
I ask because, in the SANFL West Adelaide wear black with a red sash and black shorts. Their clash is red with a black sash, white shorts, and it's no problem at all, even under state league-standard lighting. So IMO red's not a dark colour. Essendon's fat sash was dark still, not because of the red, but because there was still too much black. That's my view anyway :p

GWS didn't need to wear their clash today.

All white on an Aussie Rules team is IMO an absolute eyesore.

GWS didn't need to wear their clash today.

All white on an Aussie Rules team is IMO an absolute eyesore.
Probably right. With charcoal shorts it definitely requires the away team to wear clash if they are Port or Richmond etc. With white, not too bad.

Their clash top is so horribly plain. Not enough colour. Must be partly the design though because I don't have the same feelings about the Fremantle clash and it's got basically no colour either. What made the GWS one worse today is the guy in the long-sleeves - even whiter!

Why are Brisbane wearing their old jumper tonight? It looks great, far more professional than the current jumper.

Am I the only one that watched the whole game last night and didn't realise until this post that they were wearing their old guernsey? And I am particularly awake to detail too, most of the time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back