Opinion Which/How Many Western Bulldogs players make the AA team?

How many players make the AA team from the WB?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 8.5%

Votes: 46 78.0%

Votes: 6 10.2%

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Griffen and Minson are a chance, at lest one of the two will get in. Midfielder harder to get but I'm going to call bench spot for Griffen. They are hyping up Pyke (i think it was) from left field for the ruck rather then Minson. I doubt Libba will get any further than a nomination perhaps.

Griffen will definitely get in.

Minson is ahead of Goldstein and should also get in.

Libba will make the squad and get AA next year.

Minson & Griff both in & on the ground. Murphy & Libba a chance for the 40 but in my opinion neither will make it. That's the top 4 in our b & f by a fair way as well I think.

Griff Minson and Libba all deserve to be in there - Libba wont sadly as i think they rate the All Australian on consistency in past years also...

But on form right now, Libba is right up there with the best midfielders IMO !~

I think only Griff really deserves it, amazing to think he is yet to get one. Will has been good, but for mine not as outstanding as some say he has, I would have Goldstein and Leuenberger ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to know how they select the AA. If, as people are saying, it's based on previous years' form then it changes everything. How much weighting is given to previous years? It means it's not really the best players of 2013 but the best of (say) 2011-2013.

If it was on this year alone I'd say Griffen (certainty), Liberatore (highly likely) and Minson (a good chance over the year - a certainty on the first 11 rounds).

I think only Griff really deserves it, amazing to think he is yet to get one. Will has been good, but for mine not as outstanding as some say he has, I would have Goldstein and Leuenberger ahead of him.

Goldstein should be no chance. Had at least 3 useless games, and isn't even in the top 10 for hitouts to advantage. Hits it a lot, but isn't giving it to his mids.
Leuenberger should be Minson's only competition, and Will has played an extra 2 games. I think he'll make it.

Griffen and Minson. Murphy in the squad.

I can't see any way Griffen or Minson don't make the team, so I'm going to say two.

Libba will be the other to make the squad of 40 but there is too many midfielders in front of him to make the 22.

Agreed. Griff and Minno in the team, Libba in the 40 man squad.

Stringer in next year....

Griff a certainty.
Minson likely, despite having a poor last few weeks he's lilely to pull out one or two good games and cement his spit.
Libba should get a look in
Murphy a rough, remeber he was AA two seasons ago when nobody expected, he's had a great year.

Those four would be the only ones to get a look in. Unless someone like Morris or Roughy is a surprise.

Griff and Minson should be absolute certainties.
Libba to make the squad of 40 and be unlucky to miss the team if he does.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Morris get in, he's gone about his business quietly as usual but very effectively. I think he's the best possible type of defender to have. Can towel up talls, smalls, smalls playing tall and talls playing small. Wears any type of player like a glove.

Anyone reckon that Dahl might get a look into the squad? Been patchy I know but I have a gut feeling
No chance. He's still just a good player and has not been consistently in our best five, let alone among the BoG. Struggled with the tag for half the season and some posters were even suggesting he be given a few games at Willi.

We need to remember that there are only 22 players chosen as AA from the 18 clubs. That's an average of 1.2 players per club (and about 2.2 from each club to make the squad of 40). One player in the AA and two in the squad would be about par (or slightly above) for a team finishing in the bottom four. Two AA players would be punching way above our weight. Three AAs would be miraculous.

It's nice to see us all talking up our best players though.

Back