Unofficial Preview Qualifying Final v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably got my tickets!!! Logged in dead on 9.00am. Selected tickets confirmed only to see the dreaded error message. Was offered M6 R1-2. After another 26 minutes of auto queue got a second crack at it. Funnily enough, offered the same bay but Row Q. Guess I nicked some poor bastards ticket that also got shut out.

He was having a real bad day too you bastard

You probably got my tickets!!! Logged in dead on 9.00am. Selected tickets confirmed only to see the dreaded error message. Was offered M6 R1-2. After another 26 minutes of auto queue got a second crack at it. Funnily enough, offered the same bay but Row Q. Guess I nicked some poor bastards ticket that also got shut out.

You or your significant other/friend would have been sitting right next to me.

I'm thinking some good ins here

Ins : Smith, Tippet, Jetta (sub), Hanners
Outs : BJ, Biggs, Cunningham, probably Morton but slight possibly Mitchell as he's not having the impact he had earlier. Some may argue that Jude could also be pulled and Mitchell go forward but i) Jude's custom made for finals ii) Jude's forward pressure is consistently good. Both are proven goal kickers and hard in and under men. If Jetta comes on early due to injury it's not such a big deal. If we lose a small forward he can pop in there. If it's an inside mid he can always go forward and Jude plays midfield. Jetta can also play outside or on a wing. Lose a small defender and Hanners could go back with some shuffling of mids. Lose a tall forward and it's no biggie as we have plenty of targets. Lose Ted/Grundy and only LRT or Goodes could cover them. Everitt would have to step up.

Still worried about being too Tippetised. We need McGlynn/Jude/Rohan up and about. Jetta may be underdone but could be a welcome burst of leg speed. Our chain of handballs worked better on Friday night plus players didn't get sucked into the contest like last week, instead electing to stay out and receive. We have the leg speed to play our sling shot game. Mids need to run forward and present options. If Tippet is double teamed (if ??) he needs to take drag his defenders up the ground and let Jesse, resting ruck and small forwards kick the goals. We still kicked too many to a double teamed White last week. Need to lower the eyes and hit a target. Plenty of wasted forward thrusts still and Hawks were able to set up plays from rebound. Want to see Benny, Jude and Rohan putting plenty of pressure on defenders. Mitchell needs to be watched. Want to see Pyke and Mumford getting one out far from Tippet so the extra defender can't get across for a chop out. Franklin out will free Teddy to work in tandem on Roughy with Grundy. When those two can work together they're magicians (Grundy being the pretty young assistant who invariably gets sawn in two). Nonetheless, they work magic together. A rested Smith was a masterstroke against an equally rested Rioli who, in my mind, will be the danger man forward. Rampe and Everitt will need to be mindful that Smith will need help. Cyril's as slippery as a well greased eel in a bottle of olive oil.

Tipping Swans by 10 points (seems to be the right figure for finals against Hawthorn)

Dunno if id agree with that, didnt focus on rampe much. But slide rampe over to the loose role everitt plays would help

Different roles. Rampe's a great negating players. Spoils and tackles being his speciality. Everitt (with the exception of the Geelong game) is a good ball mover and rebounder. He has leg speed and can hit long targets by foot. He's also used as a chop out/third man up to help Richards/Grundy. I wouldn't tinker with their roles at this stage.

I'm thinking some good ins here

Ins : Smith, Tippet, Jetta (sub), Hanners

......Still worried about being too Tippetised. We need McGlynn/Jude/Rohan up and about. Jetta may be underdone but could be a welcome burst of leg speed.....

Tipping Swans by 10 points (seems to be the right figure for finals against Hawthorn)

The other potential bonus of a Jetta inclusion is his entries into the forward 50. He is a very nice kick and he may be able to distribute the ball a bit better given the chance and reduce the Tippetness!!! of the recent past.....

The other potential bonus of a Jetta inclusion is his entries into the forward 50. He is a very nice kick and he may be able to distribute the ball a bit better given the chance and reduce the Tippetness!!! of the recent past.....
Agreed. The Tippetisation of the Swans is a concern. Hopefully it's only a Tipperary thing until we get used to ignoring the man-lighthouse.

Usual arrogance over on the Hawthorn board, from the usual suspects. Some of them truly must believe they have a divine right to win and some how we just fluked last year.

I would love us to shove in their faces after beating them on Friday night. Big ask, though.

Yeah i went on the Hawks board and responded to someone that said "we were only missing Tippett", politely mentioned we were missing more than him and i was promptly told to piss off. lol.

Very much looking forward to seeing if we can step up from how we performed last week. I was certainly impressed with how we went about it. We just need to pressure the Hawks over 4 quarters.

Will be some nice inclusions this week, particularly if Jetta gets a run. His pace as a sub could be a winning move. As already pointed out, hopefully we won't be too Tippett-centric this week. Gibson will have a field day otherwise. Our smalls will need to get a number of goals if we stand a chance. Hopefully McGlynn steps up.

With Franklin out, more pressure will be on Roughie. Surely Richards and Grundy can contain him but Gunston could kick a bag if we worry too much about Roughie.

Usual arrogance over on the Hawthorn board, from the usual suspects. Some of them truly must believe they have a divine right to win and some how we just fluked last year.

I would love us to shove in their faces after beating them on Friday night. Big ask, though.
Make no mistake, if we win the flag this year, the usual suspects will say there's an asterisk against it because of the underhanded way Malceski got Franklin rubbed out by smashing him in the shoulder with the side of his head.

I've noticed a lot of disrespect towards Malceski on the Hawks board, insinuating he's soft over the Buddy bump.

Remember when Daniel Chick knocked him out at Subi during the QF in 2006? He got up from that as well.

Mal is one of our toughest! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noticed a lot of disrespect towards Malceski on the Hawks board, insinuating he's soft over the Buddy bump.

Remember when Daniel Chick knocked him out at Subi during the QF in 2006? He got up from that as well.

Mal is one of our toughest! :thumbsu:

What absolute tossers. Who wouldn't go down if a 100kg dude smacked their shoulder right into their temple? Hell, lets be generous and say it was the cheek or jaw, that sh!t aint gonna tickle. Would love to see any of those internet heroes stand in front of Buddy and cop one.

Different teams (Swans 14 players this Friday night vs Hawks 15) but I hope Horse & Co remember vividly the last time we played the Hawks in a night final at the G. Absolutely flawed in the 1st quarter that night - Swans got to have that manic pressure from the first bounce.

53 vs 75 1% in favour of the Hawks that night - do the Swans want it more......? :)

Pretty funny considering their team plays just about the softest, most bruise free style of football out of any team in the finals.

And I can't possibly understand what they'd have against Malceski?

images

images

images

images

No we don't... no one ever see's you bonz, otherwise you would not be allowed to post here.

I doubt Bigfooty would be banned from a jail :p

I've seen him, he does a good Tadhg Kennelly impersonation ;)

Now I spoke to Kennelly, Got a photo with him and shared a hug... but at what point did I impersonate him???

How do we see ourselves lining up on Hawthorns forwards this week?

Richards - Roughhead
Grundy - Hale/ Resting Ruck
Rampee - Gunston???
Smith - Rioli
Malceski - Breaust

I doubt Bigfooty would be banned from a jail :p

Now I spoke to Kennelly, Got a photo with him and shared a hug... but at what point did I impersonate him???

How do we see ourselves lining up on Hawthorns forwards this week?

Richards - Roughhead
Grundy - Hale/ Resting Ruck
Rampee - Gunston???
Smith - Rioli
Malceski - Breaust
I think with Buddy out they might leave Spanger in to try and stretch us or bring in another tall for Spanger even with Baily coming in

Some 1 has to go to Spanger is he stays in for Buddy and with Baily coming back that allows Hale to go forward
Teddy - Roughy
Grundy - Hale
Rampe - Gunston
Spanger - ?

So Roughhead, Hale, Gunston, Bailey, Spangster = good
Pyke, Mummy, White, Tippo = bad?

We have one less tall, all are great overhead, 3 fantastic below the knees (Pyke doesn't need to be, he just kicks the ball off the ground to a leading player)

This is why I think you're trolling :p

So Roughhead, Hale, Gunston, Bailey, Spangster = good
Pyke, Mummy, White, Tippo = bad?

We have one less tall, all are great overhead, 3 fantastic below the knees (Pyke doesn't need to be, he just kicks the ball off the ground to a leading player)

This is why I think you're trolling :p
Im talking bout them not us , some 1 still needs to take Spanger and with Baily back Hale goes forward so Buddy out doesn't make a difference , roughy can still get of the leash

If they keep Spangher in, he might have to stay back, as our forwards are taller than their backline. Once Lake goes to Tippett, we have them outsized all across the park, by quite a lot if Spangher isn't back there.

Lake_______195_____Tippett___202
Spangher___195_____Pyke_____201
Birchall_____193_____Mumford__198
Gibson_____189_____White_____196
Hodge______185____Rohan_____189
Guerra______182____Bolton_____181

On our end, once you take the resting ruck out, the heights are pretty evenly matched. Spangher isn't big enough to stretch us much forward, but if he isn't down back, we will really stretch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back