Preview Finals Week 1 - Carlton v Sydney Swans - A Preview Driven By AI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With McKay, Curnow and dekonig, it makes sense to bring in a proper key defender. Surprised its Melican and not Francis but he's most probably our best match for McKay. I'd start Rampe on Curnow and McCartin on the resting ruck.

Personally, I think we tend to romanticise Fox’s contributions because he was less dire than his teammates in the sheer awfulness that was the GF.

But his form hasn’t been great & Melican seems a sensible match-up on the Carlton talls.

I agree that Fox's performance during the Grand Final is used to defend him far too much.

I don't think the change is warranted considering the weather and Melican's form first up.

happy with the changes

neither fox or melican will be the reason we win or lose

blakey doesnt have to play tall any more with another kpd in

i rather florent rebounding than fox, who does attack so its less ball for florent

Fox is too small for McKay and Melican gave him a bath last time we played.

Melican has been quality when he has played this year.

This makes the most sense and unfortunately Fox is demoted (horses for courses) but I hope he will be used as the sub as he is the best utility we have and can make an impact.

Personally, I think we tend to romanticise Fox’s contributions because he was less dire than his teammates in the sheer awfulness that was the GF.

But his form hasn’t been great & Melican seems a sensible match-up on the Carlton talls.
Agreed. He's been average this year, and has played a few separate games that people have called the worst of his career.

It's probably not what I would have done, but if there was going to be one game this finals series where it makes sense (assuming we even make it past week one), it's this one.

Yeah but McKay is s**t, 90% of games he doesn't get near it, and that last 10% he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

Clarke could have played on him and won
Even so, Melican can blanket him and it means that our other defenders can afford to put more focus into giving McCartin support against Curnow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox has had some absolute shockers this year.

Don't let it be said that Horse won't make adjustments.
Even the Melbourne game was a shocker from Fox. Got better as the game went on, but he seemed to make a bad decision every time he went near the footy in the first half.

Lol rooting for him to fail, always pick on him. Just silence when he actually had a crack the past few games.
If Stephens actually does leave, and we actually pick up some other players via trade, I fear that his posts will solely be how much we'll lose by each week and how Amartey isn't a footy player.

If Stephens actually does leave, and we actually pick up some other players via trade, I fear that his posts will solely be how much we'll lose by each week and how Amartey isn't a footy player.
Hopefully amartey can get near it after Q time
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by antoniomaza

About right. The big choices in defence would have been between:
Melican and Francis. Melican the close marker the better pick IMO.
Fox and Cunningham. I assume we plan to mark up on one of the smalls Owies, Fogarty or maybe even Martin.
Not so much Melican vs Fox.

I would like to say I'm surprised, but...

Was I seeing things or did I see somewhere that Melican is statistically our best one-on-one defender this year?

I hope Horse doesn't catch wind and bring Melican in over a Fox or something to try and combat Curnow/McKay.

Not saying it would mean Horse & co are panicking, but... it would wreak of panic IMO.

(And I say this as a big Melican fan. It's just too late in the season to be tinkering like that.)

Fox likely to be sub. Maybe Stephens will be a late in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back