Preview Finals Week 1 - Carlton v Sydney Swans - A Preview Driven By AI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephens (in what could be his final game for us) will surely be sub over Clarke?

Melican to take on McKay you’d think and Tommy with the tough task on Curnow

I can understand wanting a few extra cm against the Blues forwards, but don't like seeing Fox out.

Was prepared to see Stephens out and advocate him as sub, but now torn. Fox obviously the most versatile and worthy. Dyl, if cards fell our way, could be thrown into the middle in the last qtr. Can't go against Robbie though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox out for a notoriously unskilled bulky defender who's chronically injured on what's probably going to be a wet night

Can't understand this one

I don't like it but Fox has been pretty average throughout the second half of this year IMHO.

Very ballsy call.

Maybe pull a Chris Scott, and make "late changes" tomorrow

Like I can understand Melican for Fox in isolation during the home and away season as Melican first up normally doesn't play well. But for a final, no it reaks of worrying about the Carlton side.
Personally, I think we tend to romanticise Fox’s contributions because he was less dire than his teammates in the sheer awfulness that was the GF.

But his form hasn’t been great & Melican seems a sensible match-up on the Carlton talls.

Its the right call glad they've called it Fox has no best role, just picks up the gaps. Melican has been good. prefer Stephens to Wicks just one-one but we do need forward pressure and as long as Clarke isn't sub its' better selection for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back