List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gummy to Freo has no more legs at this stage then Gummy to Adelaide

Like Noble, all Freo has said is that they will explore the Gumbleton option later in the trade period

And if we didn't have at least 28 better players on our team list.

He's not as good as you think he is. And the selectors have a far better idea of his abilities and deficiencies than you.

We don't have 28 better players on our list, and our selectors showed repeatedly that they had little idea of anything this year.

great get by essendon but what are the saints doing?
McKevoy/Goddard/Montagna..:eek:

They've outlined Pelchen's plan not to challenge until 2017. Until then they aim to clear out their list to accrue twice the 1st and 2nd round draft picks they would otherwise get then go hard at free agency in 2016 to fill out the veteran cohort they will need for a tilt.

You can't say its not a bold strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gr,eat get by essendon but what are the saints doing?
McKevoy/Goddard/Montagna..:eek:
And they said Melbourne were tanking :rolleyes:.

Looking at a previous posting that we will lack KIDS to develop in 2014, I disagree.

I expect Crouch, Brown, Laird, Griggs and Kerridge to be in our first 22 next year. There is still plenty of improvement in Talia, Smith, Lynch and Jenkins. Players who will be pushing for a game include Hartigan, Lyons (if not traded) and Johnston.

Will anyone make the Griggs Leap (i.e not first 22 in SANFL in 2012 to looking good in the AFLin late 2013)? I would not be surprised to see CEY sooner rather than later and whilst Atkins and Siggins were always going to need at least 2 years to develop I would not be surprised to see Rory 2 pushing for a game by the end of next season.

The key to development is to select the KIDS rather than the safe option (an out of form older player). Hopefully the performances of Crouch, Griggs, Laird and Brown last year (and the lack of performance by Stiffy, Porps, Radar and DMac) will result in a change of attitude.

They don't get it right all the time, but they get it right far more often than they get it wrong - and they have access to far more information than we do when making their decisions. I find it positively laughable when people bignote themselves here on BigFooty, thinking that they know more than the selectors. If people like KE were in charge of our team selection then we would have won fewer games than St Kilda did this year.

There is nothing to suggest that they have got it wrong with Lyons.

We'd have won more, because I'd pick players based on merit and form.

I think he has a medical with 2-3 clubs lined up, I'm confident that your source will confirm that we are one of those clubs

I don't think we'd have a realistic shot at him anyway unless we were the only club to make an offer. He's going to look at us and see Walker, Jenkins and Johnston. Then he's going to look at Fremantle and see Pavlich, and Taberner. More opportunity for him out West.

I don't think we'd have a realistic shot at him anyway unless we were the only club to make an offer. He's going to look at us and see Walker, Jenkins and Johnston. Then he's going to look at Fremantle and see Pavlich, and Taberner. More opportunity for him out West.

Not to mention that he is from WA

Yes, he is close to accepting the terms put forward.

But we won't be just giving him away.
Interesting to consider his value. He is contracted and so they must extract him which adds to his value - third rounder if uncontracted. Vince is also contracted - cant see both combined worth 20 alone.

What about Tapscott - I see he gets bagged on here but do we have any kind of objective assessment. Is he just another stalling in that basket case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back