List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting to consider his value. He is contracted and so they must extract him which adds to his value - third rounder if uncontracted. Vince is also contracted - cant see both combined worth 20 alone.

What about Tapscott - I see he gets bagged on here but do we have any kind of objective assessment. Is he just another stalling in that basket case?

I actually don't mind him, he has a bit of white line fever however he just needs to learn to control his aggression

No doubt that his development has stalled however MFC doesn't exactly have a good record at player development, personally from the outside it seems that week to week he has had different roles, like most young players he would benefit from being settled into a role

Has a booming leg on him that's for sure

Interesting to consider his value. He is contracted and so they must extract him which adds to his value - third rounder if uncontracted. Vince is also contracted - cant see both combined worth 20 alone.

What about Tapscott - I see he gets bagged on here but do we have any kind of objective assessment. Is he just another stalling in that basket case?

IMO - Not bagging him as I think he is a good player but I don't need Tapscott as Sam Kerridge covers that same sort of role.

However, I'm not sure what Vince and Lyons worth would be.

It's not pick 2 but at the sane time, we would feel very disappointed if we only received pick 20 for both. So, I guess if we received 2 picks between 18 and 22 for both, I guess we could learn to live with that.

We arent going to get pick 2.

I dont really believe Roos will part with it unless its an offer to good to refuse, which will be more than anything we'd be willing to do.

Picks around the 20-30 mark is all we can expect IMO. Hopefully Melbournes pick 20 and another sub 30 pick from somewhere else to pass on to Brisbane for Polec. If Melbourne want Vince and Lyons, then its up to them to get us that other pick.

The only other realistic option IMO is Wright to the Lions for Polec, and we keep the 2 picks for the draft.

You genuinely think you know better than the selectors?
It's not a matter of thinking you know better, it's identifying errors at selection before the game and stating your opinion. If the selectors then eventually make those changes it fair to say you were right and they were wrong. Example, picking underdone Petrenko and Callinan and then watching them stink and be dropped. Picking Jaensch towards the end of the season when he was stinking and then he was dropped.

Just because they are selectors doesn't make them always correct or do you believe selectors get it right every time? Because they don't, they've admitted mistakes this year.

We arent going to get pick 2.

I dont really believe Roos will part with it unless its an offer to good to refuse, which will be more than anything we'd be willing to do.

Picks around the 20-30 mark is all we can expect IMO. Hopefully Melbournes pick 20 and another sub 30 pick from somewhere else to pass on to Brisbane for Polec. If Melbourne want Vince and Lyons, then its up to them to get us that other pick.

The only other realistic option IMO is Wright to the Lions for Polec, and we keep the 2 picks for the draft.
Melb may have another 2nd rounder after their own for Sylvia compo, so they'll have 2 to trade. If Crows could get both of those for Vince + Lyons and #42 if needed, they could send the higher pick to Brisbane for Polec and keep the other one to draft a player, which means they could keep Henderson too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melb may have another 2nd rounder after their own for Sylvia compo, so they'll have 2 to trade. If Crows could get both of those for Vince + Lyons and #42 if needed, they could send the higher pick to Brisbane for Polec and keep the other one to draft a player, which means they could keep Henderson too.
I think thats about right, although my guess is Matt Wright is now good to go to Brisvegas. So we use those 2 second rounders for kids unless there is someone else on the boil we know nothing about. Leaves McKernan to get us something for Edwards and Hendo to get us a decent pick or stay

Not sure what to make of him to be honest. He showed flashes during the MMC at the beginning of the year then disappeared completely off the radar. Not writing him off but also not holding any great expectations.

This is why you shouldn't comment on fringe players....

Sent from my HTC ONE using Tapatalk 2

I'm wrong about a lot of stuff, frequently, but every now and again, I'm not too far off the mark.

The answer was always going to be yes.

To be fair, they didn't exactly cover themselves in glory and set a high standard this year - it's a pretty low bar ;)

CEY was always a project - finished this year quite strongly.

I don't pass judgement on a player until I think I have enough information to make an informed decision.

There is plenty of data on Lyons, little of it pointing to success. On the other hand there is little data on CEY and what there is is often conflicted, hence my statement that I am yet to form an opinion on him.

Not sure what to make of him to be honest. He showed flashes during the MMC at the beginning of the year then disappeared completely off the radar. Not writing him off but also not holding any great expectations.
He had a very good last part of the season with the eagles. Could be a surprise addition to our backline next year if Hendo goes.

I don't pass judgement on a player until I think I have enough information to make an informed decision.

There is plenty of data on Lyons, little of it pointing to success. On the other hand there is little data on CEY and what there is is often conflicted, hence my statement that I am yet to form an opinion on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back