List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way you look at it, 2014 is likely to be a failure from a point of developing our youngsters - we simply don't have enough of them left on our list, a situation which would be even worse under DJ's proposed course of action.

The likes of Laird, Grigg & co will obviously continue to develop - but they will do that from within the best 22. It's the development of players outside the 22, using opportunities generated by injury/suspension, that I'm concerned about. That list of 2014 Depth Players he provided is positively horrible - the only development players there are Hartigan, Aish, Edwards, Johnston & Shaw (assuming he's not on the injury list). The rest are all duds, or has-beens (and never again shall be) - Porps & JPod.

DJ also makes a massive assumption that we'll find 2-3 rookies worth upgrading. It might happen, it might not. I'm far from convinced that Dowdell & Osborn will make it - they may, but it's a big assumption. It's fairly rare for the AFC to upgrade a rookie after just 1 season on the rookie list (Hartigan being an obvious exception).

At the end of his scenario, Petrenko is still our team list in 2015! Enough said.

Lyons will dominate on swooping on the loose ball, if he gets his disposal right he will become damaging as an outside mid with some goal sence

I think you have Lyons mistaken for another player...

Lyons is inside as they come ;)

Any way you look at it, 2014 is likely to be a failure from a point of developing our youngsters - we simply don't have enough of them left on our list, a situation which would be even worse under DJ's proposed course of action.

The likes of Laird, Grigg & co will obviously continue to develop - but they will do that from within the best 22. It's the development of players outside the 22, using opportunities generated by injury/suspension, that I'm concerned about. That list of 2014 Depth Players he provided is positively horrible - the only development players there are Hartigan, Aish, Edwards, Johnston & Shaw (assuming he's not on the injury list). The rest are all duds, or has-beens (and never again shall be) - Porps & JPod.

DJ also makes a massive assumption that we'll find 2-3 rookies worth upgrading. It might happen, it might not. I'm far from convinced that Dowdell & Osborn will make it - they may, but it's a big assumption. It's fairly rare for the AFC to upgrade a rookie after just 1 season on the rookie list (Hartigan being an obvious exception).

At the end of his scenario, Petrenko is still our team list in 2015! Enough said.
CEY not much chop in your opinion?

Now i realise that getting pick 2 is highly unlikely but for arguments sake and to prove my point here goes.

2013 Offseason:
OUTS - 9 Players
Delist & Retire - Johncock Joyce
Trade Out - Vince Henderson McKay Lyons (Melbourne for Pick 2) Wright Smack (Brisbane for Polec and 4th Rounder) Luke Thompson & 2x R4 Picks (AFC and Bris) (GWS for Edwards)
if that is your best for trade for our pick 2 you wont get him, saw a funny arse trade before

pick 2 to brisbane for pick 7, polec and pick 24...

you're a funny bunch

if that is your best for trade for our pick 2 you wont get him, saw a funny arse trade before

pick 2 to brisbane for pick 7, polec and pick 24...

you're a funny bunch

Deefolt give it a rest. I'm sure by now anyone who has read any of your last 60 posts that read exactly the same knows you're point of view on this. All people are doing is suggesting hypotheticals on what may or may not be workable in a way to trade us out of our draft penalties for a crime far less obnoxious than tanking for draft picks. It is a bit of discussion that is all, it isn't like Noble is reading this thread and thinking " damn, if I add Lyons as a three player trade, I might get pick 2".

Maybe, just try and be a little constructive with your criticism because at the moment you are sounding like an ex-girlfriend being jealous about your new girl

I was wrong in predicting that Petrenko wouldn't make it to 50 games.

As for the others.. you're putting words in my mouth that I never said. That's called a strawman and it's a pathetic attempt to discredit me. I never said that they were all going to be delisted. I said that they were "at risk" of being delisted, depending upon how deep the club wished to go in the draft.

The great Vader speaks.

The issue is that you consider it your god given right to be the first to declare that our low draft picks and rookie elevations will not make in the AFL. No s**t sherlock since more than 75% of players drafted below pick 50 including rookie elevations (KIDS) do not make it (the hit rate for mature age rookies is higher). This is of course based on your in depth research which doesn't include watching these guys play either live or on television. My point is that there is no point doing this other than to demean the players and boost your considerable ego. Any chance of outlining the long list of players from the previously mentioned group that you declared would be top 22 players.

There is also a touch of the Rucci's about your posting. X is a spud, X is a spud, X is a spud, X might make it. Hey, I told you X would make it.

If one or more of the following are still in the AFL in 2014; Tambling, Martin, Jaensch, Riley, L.Thompson then you FAIL.

In fact your only correct prediction this year is Stiffy's delisting and you only made that after he had moved back to Pt Lincoln :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer the port trolls compared to Vaders masturbation. At least they provide some amusement.

Even when he gets it wrong (most of the time) - LJ, Wright, Petrenko etc he still claims he was right! Haha what a flog.

Plus nobody cares cut the self indulgence ppl just respond because your so obnoxious.

I prefer the port trolls compared to Vaders masturbation. At least they provide some amusement.

Even when he gets it wrong (most of the time) - LJ, Wright, Petrenko etc he still claims he was right! Haha what a flog.

Plus nobody cares cut the self indulgence ppl just respond because your so obnoxious.
Or he changes his mind and convinces himself both his positions were correct, VB was poor against Pendles, VB was good against Pendles.

Posted this in the Vince thread. Thought it was this one, so I'll chuck it in here as well. Thoughts?

With Montagna linked to essendon, I think our most realistic chance of getting pick 2 would be to try and include Myers in the deal.

Eg: Saints in: Henderson out: Montagna
Essendon in: Montagna out: Myers
Melbourne In: Myers, Vince (+ Lyons ?) out: pick 2
Crows in: pick 2 out: Henderson, Vince, (Lyons)

Under normal circumstances, I would suggest more for Montagna but in light of Big Boy being shipped out you never know.
With talks over dal santo not progressing, trading Montagna might also mean they keep dal santo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back