• Elliott Yeo (West Coast)

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Stewart Crameri (Western Bulldogs)

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 16 7.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if he will be the 'best' but if he plays regularly, I think McGuane will give the lions a lot of buck for their money. Can't be on much coin and should be able to kick a few goals for them.

Similarly, if Matty White continues his form from 2013, he'll be a great pick up for Port.

Mumford at GWS will have an unbelievable impact.

Brogan still had a good footy brain, but his body was done, and Giles was a B-Grade ruckman at best (he plays better up forward than in the ruck, and he's not that good up forward).

That brigade of first rounders in the midfield won't know what to do now that they've got an A-Grade ruckman feeding them.

Who will make the biggest impact at their new club in season 2014?

Other options:

Trent West (Brisbane)
Sam Docherty (Carlton)
Taylor Adams (Collingwood)
Shaun Edwards (Essendon)
Jed Lamb (GWS)
Dom Tyson (Melbourne)
Jared Polec (Port Adelaide)

I would think some of these guys will supprise.

Will receive more attention than he did at Essendon. The Dogs don't have the likes of Daniher, Ryder, Bellchambers, etc. who would draw defenders away from Crameri. Would he be surprised if Crameri owned their forwardline like Barry Hall did.

Although it's true we don't have someone as promising as Daniher, Liam Jones is an elite contested mark and won't be ignored by defences. He is a handful and demands attention. And seeing as Daniher's promising and has played bugger all games, why don't i just say Stringer can be of help too?

I think, considering we have two forwards already that kicked more goals than Belly in 2013, that there's plenty of reason to be optimistic about adding another 30-40 goal forward.

Franklin, Chapman and Mumford will have the biggest short term impact. But, Adams will be the best long term acquisition. Dal won't help as much as North supporters hope.

Jesse White will also be a brilliant recruit. He cost very little and it finally clicked for him this year, which will give Cloke some much-needed help, help that Lynch and Dawes have been unable to provide.

Taylor Adams. He is an absolute gun.

Eddie Betts will be the worst. I reckon he will struggle to get a game.

No. I'm sorry, but this is highly implausible. McGuane ideally shouldn't be in your best 22 come season's end. There are so many better players that have changed clubs, that it's almost impossible for McGuane to be recruit of the year. I'd back Paine and West to both be better for just your club, and everyone in the poll bar Nahas and Gumbleton (I don't rate him at all) to all be better. He could surprise, but he's not going to be recruit of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo or Taylor Adams. WC have got a beauty in Yeo. Is at the right age and is ready to blossom into an A Grader. Just glides and is a great mark.

Ditto Adams. He was the Giants second best mid and was trending upwards late in the season. Around Beams, Ball, Pendlebury and Swan, he is going to be a weapon.

No. I'm sorry, but this is highly implausible. McGuane ideally shouldn't be in your best 22 come season's end. There are so many better players that have changed clubs, that it's almost impossible for McGuane to be recruit of the year. I'd back Paine and West to both be better for just your club, and everyone in the poll bar Nahas and Gumbleton (I don't rate him at all) to all be better. He could surprise, but he's not going to be recruit of the year.
McGuane could kick 40 goals for them next year, considering they paid nothing for him that would be a pretty good get.

I wish I could tell the future like you

McGuane could kick 40 goals for them next year, considering they paid nothing for him that would be a pretty good get.

And Hampson could kick 40 goals, but it's highly implausible. It's a possibility, but a less than 1% possibility. McGuane just isn't that good.

I wish I could tell the future like you

Please tell me why McGuane is going to be better than any of the players I listed?

And Hampson could kick 40 goals, but it's highly implausible. It's a possibility, but a less than 1% possibility. McGuane just isn't that good.

Please tell me why McGuane is going to be better than any of the players I listed?

Less than 1% chance is it? McGuane's goal average over the last 2 years is 1.7 goals a game in each of the '12 and
'13 seasons. If he does that again, he'll finish with about 37 goals if he plays 22 games. To get 40, he'd only have to kick one extra goal every 7 weeks on top of what he currently kicks. Yeh that really sounds impossible, such massive improvement required there. You obviously have no idea how or where he's been playing and still remember him as an average defender.

It's not always about who is the best player, it's about the value in relation to cost. Franklin's going to cost Sydney a million a year for the next 9 years, at that money he needs to be playing elite football for it to be worth it, if he's not, it's not such a great move.

In terms of their cost and value, I think McEvoy, Mumford and Sylvia will be great pick ups for their clubs.
700 k next year Richmonds paying Lids more than that and the guy can't break a tag

Back