Autopsy Rd 22 Carlton fail to get off the plane

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrific, disgusting, awful any word applies. And once again we're left with no idea as to where this list is truly at. Yes, there were a lot of our best missing tonight but we still had senior players and guys who I think are more than capable.

Switched off two minutes into the third quarter. Hope others did too. They were wasting our time from the get go. Port Adelaide beat them simply by running harder and hitting their targets. Simple ******* stuff.

Mick would have talked all week about how their run can get them going. Surely, they could have run harder. People this week were saying how fit we have been lately. We still have a long way to go before being able to match it with the best. Hope it was just fatigue and a severe lack of motivation after some pretty tough losses. But to me it looks like the old Carlton, rearing its ugly head again.

I will be disgusted if that's what I see at the 'G next week, regardless of whether or not Essendon is playing for a finals spot.

Our kicking is a disgrace.
What do you care if people are interested in watching the kids or a powerful, well-coached final's contender?

I for one don't hope Holman gets another game. Clearly out of his depth. I'm all for letting young players have an extended run in the seniors to pick up some form but he was not AFL ready... physically or mentally. No judgement other than that. Hope he can become a good player.

Johnson needs to decide whether to play tall or small. If he can work out where he stands at AFL and have a consistent run in the seniors I'm confident he'll turn out alright.

Graham was pretty good. Bell again I thought was still pretty good in a shit midfield.

Gibbs is ****ing insane.

Again 2 KPF and we have know one to kick it to. **** sake.

I've seen fitness play such a huge part in a game before. Port were sprinting in both directions for the entire game. How the hell do they do that?

We are miles off the pace in at regard.

Buttifant got Collingwood to the level where they could play that ultra-harassing style in 2010.

I'll back him to achieve likewise with our players. It'll take time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible night, but we need to remember that we beat North on their favourite deck and were dead unlucky against Fremantle and Geelong. Just a bad night at the office tonight guys.
No it wasn't. It's time fans looked at our performances over the past 5 to 6 seasons. What happened tonight is no different to a few years ago. Has everyone how the media was saying Ratts had us heading in the right direction, that we were taking it up to the top teams etc? The effort tonight was at the opposite end of the spectrum to the past month. Not in the middle or anything but a thousand miles away. And history indicates it's not the first time its happened with us.

LWzQFfA.gif
Hahhahahahahahahahahaha, this is exactly like us!

Well if this match was being played during the day I would of gone out but as it is Friday night I had no choice. Yes I could of turned the tv over or rang a friend but I'm a sucker for punishment.

For me Carrazzo and Menzel didn't do enough. Tuohy better have a fantastic preseason and pick up his game next year or else. In fact I don't think Menzel should of been playing.

We are all hurting but I stand by my view that what has happened this year (the "we've turned the corner" followed by abject performances) has been a constant in the past 5 to 6 seasons.

Yes, we have been mentally fragile for years. It did look like we had found some belief to at least fight out every game though. We might be fried, we might be undermanned, even good teams have games like this sometimes ... but when you are used to falling in a hole after showing some hope, you can't help but be reminded of the same old inconsistency in effort.

No it wasn't. It's time fans looked at our performances over the past 5 to 6 seasons. What happened tonight is no different to a few years ago. Has everyone how the media was saying Ratts had us heading in the right direction, that we were taking it up to the top teams etc? The effort tonight was at the opposite end of the spectrum to the past month. Not in the middle or anything but a thousand miles away. And history indicates it's not the first time its happened with us.

Completely disagree.

Look at their kicking. While effort was huge in the loss, their kicking is vastly superior to ours.

It's the one reason why I don't see this massive improvement coming in the next two years like others do. They're not magically going to start kicking the ball like Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong or Port do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back