Autopsy Rd 22 Carlton fail to get off the plane

Remove this Banner Ad

We played horribly however it was due to happen. Weve been losing 1 to 2 players per week thru injury for the last month. Were bound to run into a brick wall eventually.

Glad ive got at least 5 more years of watching gibs in a blues uniform. Jet.

Buttifant got Collingwood to the level where they could play that ultra-harassing style in 2010.

I'll back him to achieve likewise with our players. It'll take time.
Buttifant's fitness regime revolved around this idea of altitude being a magical way to become aerobically superior.

I hope he has some other methods because I don't even think Port uses it?

Gibbsy tried hard and had 29 touches. Rowe very good. Juddy came into game in second half but lacked his usual impact (partly due to Port defensive pressure). Can't see the boys turning it around for the Bombers next week. Most interest now will probably will be on who Carlton delists/transfers in the off season.

It was bound to happen and for a number of reasons too.

Injuries to a number of important players near kill us, we don't have the quality back-up that other clubs have and we were forced to play some young fellas with their 'L' plates on.

Port are a seriously good team who have been struggling recently, at home with a Top 4 spot up for grabs, they could smell the blood in the water and were not going to let this chance just pass them by.

When your season is over like ours is, its easy for some players to put the cue in the rack and I reckon there were a few who did tonight. I really hate it happening but that is an area for Malthouse to work through.

We have a number of players who just aren't good enough even though many many Blues fans still hold on with dire expectation that they will be okay. Some players can't kick, some players can't mark, some players can't tackle and some players can't do all three. We have been gallant & tried hard over the past month but it is in close games where those deficiencies get put under the spotlight and are exposed.

Unless we decide to replace them on the list (I don't think so), then we have to persist with the ongoing development of Holman & Johnson, they are part of the future plans until such time as they are surpassed by others.

Wood in the ruck has been an upgrade on Warnock and I am happy to see him at the club. However, if we are serious about the future, then we must build a new ruck division starting now by adding two more decent young options to Wood & Kreuzer. Lobbe was very good for them tonight and he gave Wood a touch-up for the most part.

We lack key forwards, we lack a couple of mids and our defence is only "okay" at present.

A massive loss like tonight put everyone at the club under further pressure and I'm sure they, like us can't wait for this season to finish so we can focus on the draft & trade periods. Hopefully there is plenty of activity and we hit the ground running in 2015 with some renewed purpose & vigour.

AC/DC told us that "it's a long way to the top" but right now, it looks more like we are on the "highway to hell".

Yes, we have been mentally fragile for weeks. It did look like we had found some belief to at least fight out every game though. We might be fried, we might be undermanned, even good teams have games like this sometimes ... but when you are used to falling in a hole after showing some hope, you can't help but be reminded of the same old inconsistency in effort.
Yes, we have been mentally fragile for weeks. It did look like we had found some belief to at least fight out every game though. We might be fried, we might be undermanned, even good teams have games like this sometimes ... but when you are used to falling in a hole after showing some hope, you can't help but be reminded of the same old inconsistency in effort.
Say that again.

We played horribly however it was due to happen. Weve been losing 1 to 2 players per week thru injury for the last month. Were bound to run into a brick wall eventually.

Glad ive got at least 5 more years of watching gibs in a blues uniform. Jet.

Well said.

That's not even a glitch considering how many you have out . It's been a joy to watch Malthouse put a broom through the list this year and he'll have you guys back up there in a jiffy I reckon.

Not sure you'll beat Essendon next week but you will next year.

Buttifant's fitness regime revolved around this idea of altitude being a magical way to become aerobically superior.

I hope he has some other methods because I don't even think Port uses it?

Science evolves. Although he was a bit late to catch the memo that the increased RBC count acquired in altitude wanes reasonably quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was bound to happen and for a number of reasons too.

Injuries to a number of important players near kill us, we don't have the quality back-up that other clubs have and we were forced to play some young fellas with their 'L' plates on.

Port are a seriously good team who have been struggling recently, at home with a Top 4 spot up for grabs, they could smell the blood in the water and were not going to let this chance just pass them by.

When your season is over like ours is, its easy for some players to put the cue in the rack and I reckon there were a few who did tonight. I really hate it happening but that is an area for Malthouse to work through.

We have a number of players who just aren't good enough even though many many Blues fans still hold on with dire expectation that they will be okay. Some players can't kick, some players can't mark, some players can't tackle and some players can't do all three. We have been gallant & tried hard over the past month but it is in close games where those deficiencies get put under the spotlight and are exposed.

Unless we decide to replace them on the list (I don't think so), then we have to persist with the ongoing development of Holman & Johnson, they are part of the future plans until such time as there are surpassed by others.

Wood in the ruck has been an upgrade on Warnock and I am happy to see him at the club. However, if we are serious about the future, then we must build a new ruck division starting now by adding two more decent young options to Wood & Kreuzer. Lobbe was very good for them tonight and he gave Wood a touch-up for the most part.

We lack key forwards, we lack a couple of mids and our defence is only "okay" at present.

A massive loss like tonight put everyone at the club under further pressure and I'm sure they, like us can't wait for this season to finish so we can focus on the draft & trade periods. Hopefully there is plenty of activity and we hit the ground running in 2015 with some renewed purpose & vigour.

AC/DC told us that "it's a long way to the top" but right now, it looks more like we are on the "highway to hell".
Nicely said and now I have to put my AC/DC vinyl on the record player!

Say that again.

I said it 4 times and didn't get it right. I mean to say fragile for years, not weeks.

Gremlins in my internet tonight. Wasn't sure if Carlton broke the BF servers or the gods were trying to save me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back