Super Mario World
Zelda Link to the Past
Goldeneye
Mortal Kombat 3
Destiny
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
Wrestlemania 2000

Only one game from like the last decade there lol, but the list is 'favourite' games & this list is probably the result of growing up in that era with 5 siblings (& 4 controllers :p). Pretty darn hard to HD remaster those type of fun childhood gaming memories imo.

So tough but would go something like

Zelda OOT
Pokemon Red
Super Mario World
Zelda Link to the Past
Goldeneye
Mortal Kombat 3
Destiny
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
Wrestlemania 2000

Only one game from like the last decade there lol, but the list is 'favourite' games & this list is probably the result of growing up in that era with 5 siblings (& 4 controllers :p). Pretty darn hard to HD remaster those type of fun childhood gaming memories imo.
Keep in mind there's a Goldeneye 64 and a Goldeneye Wii and each are different. :p

At least you had constant people to play with. :cry:

Keep in mind there's a Goldeneye 64 and a Goldeneye Wii and each are different. :p

At least you had constant people to play with. :cry:

Thought the "one game from the last decade" would make it just that slightly more obvious than it already should have already been which version I would have been talking about :p

Oh it sounds glamorous sure. But you're forgetting the downside where often you couldn't play at all because the 64, Snes & Gameboy's were all already occupied haha :rolleyes:

Thought the "one game from the last decade" would make it just that slightly more obvious than it already should have already been which version I would have been talking about :p

Oh it sounds glamorous sure. But you're forgetting the downside where often you couldn't play at all because the 64, Snes & Gameboy's were all already occupied haha :rolleyes:
Last decade was the 00s. :p And the Wii version sucked.

In no particular order.

Goldeneye 007
Mario Kart 64
Ocarina of Time
Banjo-Kazooie
The Last of Us
Skyrim
God of War III
Age of Empires
Final Fantasy X
Pokemon Yellow Version

Unlucky: Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, Golden Axe Warrior, Heavy Rain, Sim City 2000, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Pokemon Gold, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid 2, Modern Warfare 2

In no particular order:

Borderlands
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock
Guacamelee
Super Mario World
Mariokart Double Dash
Fallout 4
Quake
GTA V
Space Invaders

The first 10 that sprung to mind.

HMs: Borderlands 2, Saints Row II, Golden Eye, Dead Space, FIFA 98, Frogger, Warcraft 2, Tetris, AFL Live, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Farcry 3, Fallout New Vegas, Diablo, Killer Instinct Gold, Medal of Honour, Tekken 3.

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Perfect Dark
The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart 64
Star Wars: Jedi Knight III - Jedi Academy
Metroid Prime

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Childhood nostalgia imminent...

In no particular order:

Ocarina of Time (ok that's probably in order)
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Perfect Dark
Pokémon Red
MegaMan X
Xenoblade Chronicles
Resident Evil (GCN Remake)
Last spot reserved for every game I want to fit on the list but can't e.g. Fallout 2, Warcraft III, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Pokémon Puzzle League/Tetris Attack, Pokémon TCG, GoldenEye 007, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Raiden II, Resident Evil 4, Illusion of Gaia, Mystic Quest Legend, A Link to the Past, Super International Cricket, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Donkey Kong Country (all three SNES games), Metroid Prime 3, Bubsy, Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros, SMB 3, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Wars, Starfox, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie...

I could go on forever and I didn't even get into Atari games or much in the way of handheld stuff...

My top 2 is unlikely to ever change, no matter the game, the time in which both were made and played can never be replaced and I doubt that anything can ever replicate the same feelings of playing those games.

I took out Uncharted 2 from my top 10, only because Last of Us replaced it effectively, pushing UC3 down and I didn't really want to cram 3 ND games in there when I had other stuff I wanted in the top 10. So it's there in spirit.

1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
2. Goldeneye 007 (N64)
3. The Last of Us
4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
6. Hitman: Contracts
7. God of War 1
8. Dead Space 2
9. Shane Warne Cricket '99
10. Resistance: Fall of Man

I've been looking forward to another top video games list thread, especially considering my list has changed considerably since the Top 100 Video Games Thread.

1. Super Mario 64 (N64)
2. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (MD)
4. Super Mario Bros (NES)
5. Pokemon Gold/Silver (GB)
6. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
7. Sonic the Hedgehog (MD)
8. Streets of Rage 2 (MD)
9. Super Mario World (SNES)
10. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Honourable Mentions: Borderlands 2, Spyro

Keystone Kapers, River Raid (1 & 2), H.E.R.O, and Pitfall are my choices for the old-school Atari crowd.

1. Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
2. Persona 4
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Metal Gear Solid 2: Son's of Liberty
5. Bioshock
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Super Mario 64
8. Pokemon Red
9. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
10. The Last of Us

Note: I'm basing this on how great the game was to me at the time of playing it. Some games are old and won't be considered good by today's standards. I started with a Maga drive in the early 90's and still play games on my leisure today.

Fallout 3/ New Vegas
Metal gear 3: Snake Eater
Civilisation V (never been as addicted to a game as I have been with this. 1700 hours according to my Steam account!)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Super Mario Bros
Sonic the Hedgehog
Resident Evil 4
Populous 2
Street Fighter 2
Donkey Kong Country 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back