NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll say it - there appears a curious backlash whenever Caroline Wilson is criticised on here these days. Where any slurs go towards her appearance or other traits not related to her profession, it has drawn the ire of quite a few level headed posters.

Now have seen plenty of verbal attack on Craig Hutchison here on topics as relevant to his profession as his hairline and body composition.

Yet haven't seen anyone waving the 'inappropriate' flag in his defence?

I'm not going down that line about anyone. But if there is inconsistency in the level of sensitivity, it's probably because being judged on looks is a much bigger issue for women in general and women in the media in particular. Bagging looks to put down opinions is more of an anti-woman weapon, plus women are more vulnerable to it mattering. It's frankly hard to imagine women as unprepossessing as Hutchy and Robbo getting any TV career at all, so it's a moot point.

I'm not going down that line about anyone. But if there is inconsistency in the level of sensitivity, it's probably because being judged on looks is a much bigger issue for women in general and women in the media in particular. Bagging looks to put down opinions is more of an anti-woman weapon, plus women are more vulnerable to it mattering. It's frankly hard to imagine women as unprepossessing as Hutchy and Robbo getting any TV career at all, so it's a moot point.

What's your take on the criticism of Mark Robinson or Craig Hutchison around their lifestyles or appearance?

Anyone hear Carro have a go at Buckley?
She brought up Tony Shaw back in 2009 and how he told Nathan to think very carefully about the Collingwood job and to consider starting fresh with North, where he would get less scrutiny. Tony effin Shaw was the wise words of wisdom for Nathan back then.
Some may say Tony didnt want Nathan to succeed at Collingwood to make his coaching tenure look more like a failure, but Shaw will forever be known as a useless coach so Bucks, you should have listened in 92 and you should have listened in 2009 lol

On the current trajectory Nathans association with Aussie Rules will net him 0 flags as coach and 0 flags as player.
Atleast he won a brownlow, but even he has to share it with 2 others lol.

What's your take on the criticism of Mark Robinson or Craig Hutchison around their lifestyles or appearance?
I would rather no-one was criticised on the basis of irrelevant factors. If I disagree with the opinion, I'll go the opinion. Looks are never something I'd want to criticise - it's not relevant to what people say, it's not a choice, plus glass houses and all.

Behaviours that affect their capacity to do the job they are paid for - like rambling drunkenly, to choose a hypothetical example - seem like fair game.

"Craig Hutchison doesn't believe North Melbourne are a finals contender, the panel disagrees."

Even the club is getting in on it.

Lol @ Lloyds comment at the very end "not sure I believe that", my exact thoughts.

Seriously though who cares what some fat journo campaigner thinks, there's still many others that believe we can go all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Newman is an act.

Hutch is supposed to be a credible journo.

If that is an act then he just degrades the profession credibility that little bit more.

I don't believe there is an ounce of credibity in Hutchinson, he is a sensationaist and antagonist, he is not a journalist.

Has dug himself a Mariana-sized hole and can't get out.

Mainly because he's a morbidly obese spanner.
In the words of my missus after Jabba the Hutch abused a stewardess, then sprawled himself across two seats, snoring and drooling whilst sleeping on an early flight to the GC a few years back, "what a disgustingly putrid pig of a man."

In the words of my missus after Jabba the Hutch abused a stewardess, then sprawled himself across two seats, snoring and drooling whilst sleeping on an early flight to the GC a few years back, "what a disgustingly putrid pig of a man."

What a perfect moment for a selfie

Well D11 just sit back and enjoy watching him squirm, personally i loved watching the footage, It prolly also raised my otherwise ordinary opinion of Barrett a little as well. Even Caro spoke with a bit of dignity there, which all made ol mate look like an even bigger tosser.

for what its worth i knew this flog in the days he used to write footy reports for the warragul and district junior football league, back in those days he never gave the colts much credit regardless how many flags old Frankie Ahern led them to because he was always fawning over his beloved Blues!
I also recall the days he used to knock about with an absolute turd (many people would know exactly who iam referring to here) who had a big hand in driving Ox and Travis Johnstone of the rails.

Well D11 just sit back and enjoy watching him squirm, personally i loved watching the footage, It prolly also raised my otherwise ordinary opinion of Barrett a little as well. Even Caro spoke with a bit of dignity there, which all made ol mate look like an even bigger tosser.

for what its worth i knew this flog in the days he used to write footy reports for the warragul and district junior football league, back in those days he never gave the colts much credit regardless how many flags old Frankie Ahern led them to because he was always fawning over his beloved Blues!
I also recall the days he used to knock about with an absolute turd (many people would know exactly who iam referring to here) who had a big hand in driving Ox and Travis Johnstone of the rails.

Hmm...which Club did Turd play for?

He's a tool. But watching that clip, he's just playing the heel. Bit of an insult to his viewers that he thinks he needs to be but meh, at least they're talking about us.

fat hutch has to side with collingwood coz he is employed by and friends with eddie mcquire. thats why he never criticizes collingwood. he says collingwood will be ok but north are on the slide. he must live in a bizzarro world on his own

fat hutch has to side with collingwood coz he is employed by and friends with eddie mcquire. thats why he never criticizes collingwood. he says collingwood will be ok but north are on the slide. he must live in a bizzarro world on his own
Bizzaro world must be over populated these days. David King is their President.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back