Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Takes one to know one and all that
We'll see. To be honest i'll accept whatever this team gives us this year.

Flag or no flag i'll quietly rejoice in the fact that I don't have to go to the football and support hacks like Z Clarke, Z Dawson, Suban, Debeor, Sheridan, "Sutty", Griffen etc etc.
In addition to the most mundane, boring game plan ever devised on a sporting field.

You should probably book a holiday in September and lower your expectations a little. The 4-peat is no chance. Extremely lucky to even be in the top 8 right now.

I'm in general agreement with this and I believe won't win the fourth flag. Hawks effectively could have been 1-5 and at the moment are only missing one player from their best 22.

I'm in general agreement with this and I believe won't win the fourth flag. Hawks effectively could have been 1-5 and at the moment are only missing one player from their best 22.
Yep we're cooked we're done we can't win it hold on you forgot something umm #freekickhawthorn might be in with a chance ;):cool::D

Couple of teams have performed really well recently. Lions, GWS, Melbourne and Saints aren't as bad as they were last season. Lions should snag a few more upset wins throughout the season if they play like that week in, week out.

Really good, even competition this year. Exciting year of footy, especially when every 2nd weekend looks like some sort of shock upset round.

Couple of teams have performed really well recently. Lions, GWS, Melbourne and Saints aren't as bad as they were last season. Lions should snag a few more upset wins throughout the season if they play like that week in, week out.

Really good, even competition this year. Exciting year of footy, especially when every 2nd weekend looks like some sort of shock upset round.
There definitely has been quite a lot of surprises. The swans only beating Briabane by three points today was one of them!! I was so surprised - I imagined Sydney to smash! St Kilda has also surprised me quite a bit - round 1 they lost to Port Adelaide and then they only lost to Hawthorn by three points. A lot of teams who were s**t last year are actually playing reasonably well (Melbourne, St Kilda). GWS are also playing good - especially at Spotless stadium. Yes, I think Hawthorn could still be a premiership contender but a lot of teams have improved so I don't think hawthorn are gonna become 'fourthorn'.

Hang on, are you feeling okay CC?

You've been paying out North constantly for not proving anything. Now you've just said Lions and Melbourne are decent. That means North have beaten AT LEAST 4 decent sides + Freo and GC. :)

We turned over a lot of their turnovers, should of belted them imo. We had around 30-40 more tackles.

They had no direct avenues to score.

Thompson killed Stringer.
Boyd out killed us. Think Crameri loss is underrated as well (and yes, i know we aren't getting him back this year). The return match will be interesting if we have a few of our guys back.

You can preach what ifs, but North were also wasteful with the ball last night. It would be a different game with those half backs, no doubt, but you had zero options in the forward half due to North's pressure and defence. It is what people have always questioned, and they were brilliant last night.

I don't think you can just say it was the missing half backs either. The Dogs' forward structure was soundly defeated by North's backline. Beveridge clearly wasn't sure what to do. Stringer was taught a lesson by Thompson and became frustrated by his lack of space and time and tried to be Jesus.
You weren't missing anyone of note up forward (I think Boyd can be good eventually, but not right now).
One could argue that you played like garbage with no obvious improvement available from personnel, the Dogs on the other hand were woeful but had a second string HB line which will hopefully be upgraded by the rematch.

Siren could you explain to me how the flag pole works, I'm confused how the Bulldogs can have a higher pole than both Geelong and Sydney.

Also how West Coast are so much higher than both Geelong and Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Siren could you explain to me how the flag pole works, I'm confused how the Bulldogs can have a higher pole than both Geelong and Sydney.

Also how West Coast are so much higher than both Geelong and Sydney.
Flagpole rates teams with higher attack more than defense

Flagpole rates teams with higher attack more than defense
Geelong has a significantly better attack then the Dogs and Sydney beats them in both

Cool but our percentage is 173. Is it more on total number of points kicked?
From memory it goes backed on the attack rating of the squiggle (which also includes games from last year) not just points for and against

Geelong has a significantly better attack then the Dogs and Sydney beats them in both
No idea then. Final Siren will defs know more

One could argue that you played like garbage with no obvious improvement available from personnel, the Dogs on the other hand were woeful but had a second string HB line which will hopefully be upgraded by the rematch.

No obvious improvement? So our missing easy targets and shots on goal can't be improved on? Okay mate.

Geeze North supporters beat 4/5 teams that will probably finish in the bottom 6.. and they come out the woodwork preaching how they should be premier fancies.

I look forward to the second half of the year, when they actually face finals competitors..
I look forward to West Coast performing outside of Perth. Beating up on Brisbane, Fremantle and Collingwood isnt that impressive.
Heads up also, Adelaide wont finish bottom 6. Neither will Melbourne. Neither will Gold Coast or the Dogs.
Stop talking s**t.

Bases last years form aswell, hence why we are lower than we should be.

You aren't lower than you should be. You've beaten Hawks (good win), then Brisbane, GC, Essendon & Port.
Lost to GWS who are only just being rated well as of this round.
You need to beat more than one good team to be rated well.

Sure, when you put it that way. Let's look since say... 2010. Hawthorn, Sydney and North have pretty similar teams in the last 5-6 seasons, so use that as a sample size, instead of just saying "Well, we made the prelim the last 2 years and were destroyed in both games..."

Rather lose in a semi than get totally embarrassed two years running in the prelims.
Why would I use 2010 as a sample size? We werent challenging.
Such a defeated response when you state youd rather lose a semi than have a chance of a shot at a flag in a prelim :rolleyes:
Remind me how losing by 4 goals to West Coast in a prelim is getting destroyed? Or do you make it up as you go along to suit your agenda:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back