Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when did height have anything to do with kicking length??
It probably doesn't, really.

But then most of the biggest kicks I can think of through my time of watching football have been big blokes.

With that kick, quite simply Tippa got it right in the sweet spot and it just sailed...and sailed.

It probably doesn't, really.

But then most of the biggest kicks I can think of through my time of watching football have been big blokes.

With that kick, quite simply Tippa got it right in the sweet spot and it just sailed...and sailed.
Probably true, but Shannon Hurn is the biggest kick in the AFL and he's, what, 6'1"?

About that.

Obviously distance is more about ball drop and when the kick is hit. See David Myers (although in his case having big thighs helps too. Maybe it does with Tippa and Hurn too)

About that.

Obviously distance is more about ball drop and when the kick is hit. See David Myers (although in his case having big thighs helps too. Maybe it does with Tippa and Hurn too)

Dew had huge thighs also, and then there was Fletcher.

Probably true, but Shannon Hurn is the biggest kick in the AFL and he's, what, 6'1"?

Mckenzie or Wilson would be close to challenging him for that honour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He cost us a number of goals today. Disposal is fantastic, but has deficiencies to work on. Possibly his poorest game in the seniors today. Still lots of promise though.

Wrong matchup given that's exclusively what Greene does, cheats out the back of zones.

If you play him on Greene you either cop it or you lose his run

I don't want to be that guy, but can he actually defend?

Not sure that he can.

It then becomes a question of whether he can build the endurance to play on a wing.
Agree 100% Bruno. It's definitely his Achilles heel, and it's a pretty big one.
Still early in his career so there's time to fix it but he either needs to improve his one on one defending or as you say get the endurance to be a winger.

Besides the Greene one could you elaborate?

Last quarter loose ball in the middle he didn't take the ball (didn't run through the line of the ball) and GWS got possession out, over the top goal. Missed a few tackles that also cost us. Went to ground quite a bit today as well. I'll have to watch the replay to give you specifics.

I'm excited for where he's going but he's certainly got areas to work on.

Seriously, what is the benefit of having him on the bench until the 14th min mark of the first quarter?

Since when did height have anything to do with kicking length??
Understand the principle of torque production (force x distance) and you understand why kicking length is strongly related with leg length.

Additionally, height is correlated with foot size also. A bigger (heavier) foot has greater momentum to impart on the football also.

Imagine hitting something with a hammer compared to a sledgehammer, then you'll see it.

Last edited:
I don't want to be that guy, but can he actually defend?

Not sure that he can.

It then becomes a question of whether he can build the endurance to play on a wing.

With his ability to stick a tackle, breathtaking speed and sublime skills. Why not try him up forward where it all began for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back