Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, I heard that he had grown into the 190s, but buggered if I know where I got that from.

The rebounding half back flanker has become such a critical role these days, he is a genuine stopper, and his decision making has improved markedly this year, so although he could transition into the midfield, I wouldn't see it so much as a waste.

He'll have a greater impact on the game once he moves into the middle. With Wright and Ats down there and to a lesser extent McKenzie, we're stocked for HB's.

Luke has great hands in close. Clean and crisp. His kicking has improved. His decision making moreso.

Is developing into a very good defender as well.

Interesting time ahead.

Could see his midfield move in the future, but if Spud retires as expected next year, who steps into his role? Lachie? Trade in KPD and free up Scotty T? Nielsen and EVW need more time. Tippo is depth only. I reckon LMac might end up taking on that role next year.

Could see his midfield move in the future, but if Spud retires as expected next year, who steps into his role? Lachie? Trade in KPD and free up Scotty T? Nielsen and EVW need more time. Tippo is depth only. I reckon LMac might end up taking on that role next year.
And wearing the number 11

Maybe Hibberd will step up after a big preseason.

In fact, I would say that kids like Nielsen and EVW would grow into players a lot quicker if given a surprised senior opportunity.
I would say that blooding one or two kids this way might be a good idea once they've had a full VFL season under their belt.

Maybe Hibberd will step up after a big preseason.
In fact, I would say that kids like Nielsen and EVW would grow into players a lot quicker if given a surprised senior opportunity.
I would say that blooding one or two kids this way might be a good idea once they've had a full VFL season under their belt.
Will be interesting to see if any of these three kids can push into the side next year. It also makes me wonder where Lachie is at, as I would guess the idea of trading him is just a BigFooty concoction at the moment, but struggle to see where he fits in a defence that is more mobile and physically imposing than its been for years.

Will be interesting to see if any of these three kids can push into the side next year. It also makes me wonder where Lachie is at, as I would guess the idea of trading him is just a BigFooty concoction at the moment, but struggle to see where he fits in a defence that is more mobile and physically imposing than its been for years.
I think Lachie is cooked to be honest.
Since his hip injury, he's been running on rails and his mobility is shot.
Given he was never a good one on one defender to begin with, with intercept marking his main strength, in modern footy you've got to be able to show mobility once you don't mark the ball, and he has lost that completely.

I think Lachie is cooked to be honest.
Since his hip injury, he's been running on rails and his mobility is shot.
Given he was never a good one on one defender to begin with, with intercept marking his main strength, in modern footy you've got to be able to show mobility once you don't mark the ball, and he has lost that completely.
Tend to agree. And the concussions have battered him hard. It's been a rapid demise, especially considering that the Taz and Lachie situations were basically inverted 12 months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back