Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Newspoll 51-49 Coalition ahead

Still movement within MOE but Coalition +2 on primary to 43 which is winning territory for them. Labor need a miracle.
Labor just need votes from people like you. I don't think that's a miracle is it? If you look at the comparative policies?

o_O Where'd that come from? Oh that's right, I'm saying Labor can't win and you don't like it. Sorry for being impartial.
I think "where'd that come from?" is what was meant to be posted under this post.

I just asked you a question, and given you're "impartial" I don't see why you would react like the above.

o_O Where'd that come from? Oh that's right, I'm saying Labor can't win and you don't like it. Sorry for being impartial.
Interesting you used the word 'impartial', not sure that there are many 'impartial' (un-biased, neutral, non-partisan) voters on this site. Certainly haven't seen it in your posting.

However as a voter that normally votes Greens/Labor, I think that the Libs may win, not because they deserve it but people are still hoping to see that Turnbull is not Abbott. This is despite Labor having the better policies overall.

Still not sure what the Libs stand for though and why they deserve another three years.

Interesting you used the word 'impartial', not sure that there are many 'impartial' (un-biased, neutral, non-partisan) voters on this site. Certainly haven't seen it in your posting.

However as a voter that normally votes Greens/Labor, I think that the Libs may win, not because they deserve it but people are still hoping to see that Turnbull is not Abbott. This is despite Labor having the better policies overall.

Still not sure what the Libs stand for though and why they deserve another three years.

Pretty much this - I'd have more confidence in a Coalition government if Turnbull didn't have to deal with the troglodytes on the far right, but I think he's not going to win by a large margin and is still going to have to deal with an oppositional Senate.

From ghost who votes 27/6/16
#Newspoll Federal Primary Votes: L/NP 43 (+2) ALP 36 (0) GRN 9 (-1)
Preferred PM: Turnbull 45 (-1) Shorten 30 (-1)
Which party will win the election: L/NP 51 (+7) ALP 27 (-6)
Federal 2 Party Preferred: L/NP 51 (+1) ALP 49 (-1)

Pretty much this - I'd have more confidence in a Coalition government if Turnbull didn't have to deal with the troglodytes on the far right, but I think he's not going to win by a large margin and is still going to have to deal with an oppositional Senate.
An oppositional Senate is virtually guaranteed. Since it's quotas, then it won't come down to the preference splits and a two-horse race like House of Reps. If people like the Greens or NXT or Lambie or whoever are consistently polling high enough then they should be in.

This is why I have been talking for yonks about the Liberals lack of a mandate and the fact they've directly threatened most of the Senators they would be expected to work with. With no strong mandate and a reduced, possibly minority government we're lining up for "chaos" if people don't vote Labor in.

When Turnbull says "don't vote for independents" he could be talking to centrist voters who are tempted to go to NXT in SA, but I think it's likely that he is also talking to "del-cons" looking to vote further to the right. One Nation, Rise Up, ALA, LDP, Family First, Australian Christians. There's the 6 votes required, thanks to the vote changes Turnbull brought in with the help of the Greens.

They sent us to this expensive panic poll for no reason the day after those voting changes come in. It's ironic that those changes threaten their whole story.

It will be interesting to see whether the seats the government lose are the moderates or the hard right nutters? If the latter then im guessing a Turnbull government could function adequately and Fizza's position will be secure. But if he loses the moderates then he will be ousted within 2 years almost guaranteed and we will have PM Kevin Andrews or something.

It will be interesting to see whether the seats the government lose are the moderates or the hard right nutters? If the latter then im guessing a Turnbull government could function adequately and Fizza's position will be secure. But if he loses the moderates then he will be ousted within 2 years almost guaranteed and we will have PM Kevin Andrews or something.
Your hard-liners are generally in safe seats, because their hard-line opinions are welcomed there and therefore there are the people within the local party in that district to ensure the "hard right nutters" have control. Northern Beaches is Bronwyn Bishop, Tony Abbott. Scott Morrison and Alex Hawke et al are in the Hillsong type areas I think. But it is never clear cut so it's an interesting question. In Melbourne where you might think everyone is a bit more rational you have Kelly O'Dwyer under risk from the Greens in Costello's old seat, Frydenberg nearby (who is seen as an Abbott man, but can actually hold a conversation without repeating mindless talking points), and then Kevin Andrews north of them...

Turnbull can't do it on his own, his front bench is appalling compared to labours.

How long is Turnbull going to last, Abbotts waiting and even Andrews said he put his hand up if he didn't like Turnbulls policies. Turnbull is now using the same line Abbott did we're the coalition we be have stability then got the arse. Wake up Australia before its to late.

Turnbull can't do it on his own, his front bench is appalling compared to labours.

How long is Turnbull going to last, Abbotts waiting and even Andrews said he put his hand up if he didn't like Turnbulls policies. Turnbull is now using the same line Abbott did we're the coalition we be have stability then got the arse. Wake up Australia before its to late.
Don't forget others Bernardi, Christensen, Abetz etc. Just not the front bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about a post of desperation!

Why wouldnt he be desperate? Another 3 years of this lot is something to be desperate about.

Agree.
Hopefully the worst that happens is they retain power but end up with an even more hostile senate. A lot will depend on the NXT. If they implode like PUP and we end up with 10 independent senators that would be great otherwise NX has shown a willingness to entertain some of the LNP's BS policies.

Agree.
Hopefully the worst that happens is they retain power but end up with an even more hostile senate. A lot will depend on the NXT. If they implode like PUP and we end up with 10 independent senators that would be great otherwise NX has shown a willingness to entertain some of the LNP's BS policies.
I just tried to do a summary of all the parties and thought NXT was orright - pretty centrist. Do you think I missed something?

Why wouldnt he be desperate? Another 3 years of this lot is something to be desperate about.
Stupid people will get what they deserve if this lot is re-elected.

Unfortunately the rest of us will have to suffer the consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back