Player Watch Ben Sinclair (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

His form over the past month is no mean feat given he had an interrupted preseason and the concussion issue.

For mine switching Sinner behind the ball is the best positional move Buckley has made in his time at the helm so kudos to him for finding someone who can actually break a line coming out of the back half.

If he can remain injury free for the next 12 months I can see him consolidating himself as our number 1 small defender. I'd almost be tempted to put him on ice given the track record of our "high performance" group lol. On a serious note at 24 he's progressing nicely and has hit the sweet spot in his career.

FWIW a poster from way back would be very proud in Optimax. If memory serves he was always a big fan of Sinner's work!

His form over the past month is no mean feat given he had an interrupted preseason and the concussion issue.

For mine switching Sinner behind the ball is the best positional move Buckley has made in his time at the helm so kudos to him for finding someone who can actually break a line coming out of the back half.

If he can remain injury free for the next 12 months I can see him consolidating himself as our number 1 small defender. I'd almost be tempted to put him on ice given the track record of our "high performance" group lol. On a serious note at 24 he's progressing nicely and has hit the sweet spot in his career.

FWIW a poster from way back would be very proud in Optimax. If memory serves he was always a big fan of Sinner's work!
Pretty sure that our high performance teams handiwork has been nullified by that wonderful ballet teacher who's fixed up both our Bens! Lord knows why St Kilda aren't all over sending Freeman to her, she seems to be a miracle worker! The club needs to put her on the payroll. I can't remember the last time our soft tissue profile has been this good. We've really only had Adams spend significant time out this year, with Varcoe and Marsh only very minor injuries, unless I've forgotten something?

It just sucks that's we seem to have had so many impact injuries this year...

Kappa would agree with that, he basically writes anyone off that doesn't have much of a pre season.

I know you love the metres gained stat Sco, and I think that's the biggest asset he has brought to our team. Without looking in detail I reckon this area of his game and his possession average would bear scrutiny with some of the more accomplished half backs in the league. He reminds me a lot of Ben Johnson actually and I think will continue to quietly get the job done.

Yep the best comparison is Ben Johnson for sure. Sinkers next step is to learn to kick a nice long bomb goal from 50 on the run. :thumbsu:
I was going to say I'm pretty sure he did that last week but AD beat me to it!

I know you love the metres gained stat Sco, and I think that's the biggest asset he has brought to our team. Without looking in detail I reckon this area of his game and his possession average would bear scrutiny with some of the more accomplished half backs in the league. He reminds me a lot of Ben Johnson actually and I think will continue to quietly get the job done.

Not sure stat's with half back role
But overall
Averages 281.4m per game which is 13th at the Pies. Adams and Pendlebury the Pies in the Top 50 for average metres per game.

His last month been a cracker.

370 metres the last month

Last edited:
Not sure stat's with half back role
But overall
Averages 281.4m per game which is 13th at the Pies. Adams and Pendlebury the Pies in the Top 50 for average metres per game.

His last month been a cracker.

370 metres the last month
370 per game? He's 100m better than the average per game. He's nearly our most important player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

370 per game? He's 100m better than the average per game. He's nearly our most important player.

WTF has happened to you man? You're so positive and non trolly now.. you used to be cool!

Did you get a change of prescription a few months ago or something?

I used to say that I hated Sinkers.... but that really wasnt the case. Some people might have interpreted that I hated him because he ran all over the place like a headless chook and he butchered the ball.... but I didnt think that. It appeared that I hated him because he was injured all the time.... and I was worried about his health....so it made me feel bad to see him play because I was worrying so much that he would get injured.....so that's why it appeared that I hated him....butin reality i loved him...always have.... I was just posting that to clear things up...

Ben Sinclair won player of the week on the Collingwood website.
giphy.gif

Ben Sinclair.. played 4 weeks of good footy this year.. just injured himself in a really stupid way in the first 15 minutes of a big game.. thought he'd show how hard at it he is and plow into a Norf player really hard.. not to tackle.. not to win the ball.. just to plow in and show everyone how hard and enthusiastic he is. Result.. another concussion and we are down a player within the first 15 minutes. This act sums up his career... sums up his value to the team and the Collingwood football club.

It's concerning that while it was a heavy hit, it didn't look like one that should leave you concussed and unable to continue. It seems like he is especially prone now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back