Dogs v Roos - etihad - Rd 20, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

A brave post, if I've ever seen one.
And i stupid post, if i ever did see one, that proves my point better then i could have... I know i know, you saw the line and thought, i HAVE to... but you didn't think it through... hang on... Firrito? That you?

Enjoy the infraction.

I'm sick of this norf s**t on the Main board. Ive given enough warnings, its a straight up infraction when I see in now.

Mods why don't you moderate?

Criticism of moderation is itself against the rules mate. Report the post and we'll get straight on it. I wish I had the time to follow every game day thread, but I dont.

It's what the report post button is for.

Tale of the tape, future not looking to flash for North.
Old.

28801488735_05fd2d36ee.jpg

So we should probably discount all AFL players that have played a game in their first couple of years? We have a quite a few young players bubbling underneath, but haven't been exposed as we have had pretty stable players. Mason Wood is a good example as someone who was bubbling then became our best forward prior to injury. Most clubs are similar, its only when you expose the entire list that you can start making those statements.

We could literally have over half of our best 22 out next week following Brown and Thompson's injuries. What did we do to the footy Gods? :(
Welcome to Bulldog world. You can only pray that you have depth in your team, like we have. Our saving grace, if you can call it that isvthat we will hopefully be getting players back forvthe finals, whilst you are now losing them..

Pretty average effort tonight north v a hampered opponent

First off they had one extra player missing, big whoops.

But for the game, was completely baffled by the way North played. They handballed constantly and it was even a pressure thing, it was like they thought they had to find someone in 10 metres space whether that person was at an advantage or not. Just plain weird. Gone from getting it on the boot to trying not to kick the thing at all. Even with Maj and Petrie at the least providing contests in the air.

Dogs have a great spirit though, and like the Hawks have a number of players that can at least fill in without losing much.

Watson was voted by the coaches as the Best Captain of 2012 so he isn't in there.

Rockliff, Hurn, Murphy and Cotchin probably round out the top 5 with Swallow, though at least most of them have some individual honours to fall back on. Swallow has been nothing but a B/C-grade plodder for most of his career.

He lead a team to ruin, not enough strength to stand up when he had to. I call that poor judgment and poor leadership.

Enjoy the infraction.

I'm sick of this norf s**t on the Main board. Ive given enough warnings, its a straight up infraction when I see in now.

Criticism of moderation is itself against the rules mate. Report the post and we'll get straight on it. I wish I had the time to follow every game day thread, but I dont.

It's what the report post button is for.
Got it. Didn't know about it. Just sick of reading that disrespectful rubbish. Glad to see you've deleted some posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trolling aside lol Games like this are a good thing for both clubs, firey affairs, and if Dogs and Roos want to start an official rivalry, then that is the way to do it. Both games this year were not high scoring, but had a bit of heat. Big win for us, not just beating north, but is one positive step to hopefully keep us away from playing in Perth. It still might happen, but that fate is in our own hands now, with 3 rounds that we "should" win. But crazy things happen toward the end of the year.

As for north, a lot will come down to how brown pulls up. He looked ok walking the lines and after the game, but did look a little proppy walking up the race, maybe the incline putting pressure on the knee. I didn't even see how he did it, missed the incident and the replay. Was it a pack mark landing?

It's not Ross Lyon footy
It's Bevo footy

Boring as s**t unless you give a toss about the Dogs.

Lol we were the "sexiest" team in the Comp at the start of the year.

Injuries means our coaches have had to change the way we play to keep winning.

I guess you can't see that coz your coaches just keep doing the same thing and hoping it will work

And how good is that dud Bont??

Lol we were the "sexiest" team in the Comp at the start of the year.

Injuries means our coaches have had to change the way we play to keep winning.

I guess you can't see that coz your coaches just keep doing the same thing and hoping it will work

And how good is that dud Bont??

Only that neanderthal Robbo labelled you sexy.
The media is infatuated with you because of the whole 1 premiership thing.

Lol the players you lost aren't even that great...
Lose Stringer and Bont them we can talk
But Wallis, Mcrae aren't they just average players?

Hardly a VFL side sorry no fairytale story for you.
Who's McRae? .. You've clearly mistaken him for someone other than Jackson Macrae who's been easily a top 3 midfielder for us who's everaging 27 disposals and 5 tackles a game.
Oh and that Libba bloke ain't too bad either. As for Wallis, he would be your best midfielder by the length of Flemington.

Your teams weak attempt of roughing up the Bont on the field. As well as the abuse your bigfooty fans gave him is one of the funniest moments of the season. The kid managed to completely humiliate not only all of your fans. But your players and coaches as well.

Enjoy the long rebuild.

I'm really surprised to see so many North fans using injuries as an excuse :)

We didn't play very well, but to beat a much older, more experienced side is always good :)

Experience and amount of injuries means nothing. It is the effect on the side. If say Cunnington and Swallow went down, no big deal, but if Wells goes down, crap. Why, because we have crappy depth in that position.

Thats why losing the likes of Wallis and Liber didn't hit you as hard, you replaced them with guys that could at least give you a reasonable return in their stead. I would say us losing Higgins is bigger than you losing both those guys combined.

That being said, it just shows how important a list design is. For North, lack of pace in the middle has killed us for many years now. Even if you want to add run to the middle, you just don't have the cattle. Dogs have most areas covered with a couple to spare. Except forward where you are thin and therefore the reason a premiership is still not within reach.

The only way to overcome gaps in the list is with strategy but again Scott is pretty rigid whereas I see Bevo as a much more flexible and proactive mentor.

Who's McRae? .. You've clearly mistaken him for someone other than Jackson Macrae who's been easily a top 3 midfielder for us who's everaging 27 disposals and 5 tackles a game.
Oh and that Libba bloke ain't too bad either. As for Wallis, he would be your best midfielder by the length of Flemington.
Enjoy the rebuild.

Wallis? Would be a handy 2nd stringer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back