Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

You shouldn't have to bid and get points for father sons. The son should be able to choose their fathers club and no one else can touch them
The old 3rd-round pick rule was unsustainable, getting GAJ for a 3rd pick was the height of unfairness. There should still be a form of bidding, if you have say 11th pick and another team bids 8th, you should be able to get the F/S player for 11th. Getting high academy and F/S picks for a combination of late picks is also unfair and means a team literally banks more than one first-round pick.
Bidding by the round at least should be done as Ben Jarman is not expected to be a first-rounder and the Cows should not have to match till a realistic bid is made.

Yeah..................no.
Ablett was seen as a average to good small forward who could pinch hit in the midfield in his draft year. End of 1st round type.

Tom Hawkins is the rort. Widely accepted to be the no.1 pick of the draft and was allowed to go at 41 whilst the Cats nabbed Selwood with pick 7.

'Equality'

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ablett was seen as a average to good small forward who could pinch hit in the midfield in his draft year. End of 1st round type.

Talking to Geelong fans, wasn't even first round quality as a junior. The GA of GAJ got him all the hype.

Tom Hawkins is the rort. Widely accepted to be the no.1 pick of the draft and was allowed to go at 41 whilst the Cats nabbed Selwood with pick 7.

And look how long it took Hawkins to get into his own as a player, and I'd still prefer Dixon over him.

Overall, I like the F/S rule, and even though it can rort the system at times, I still think it should stay. What other league has something like it?

Talking to Geelong fans, wasn't even first round quality as a junior. The GA of GAJ got him all the hype.

And look how long it took Hawkins to get into his own as a player, and I'd still prefer Dixon over him.

Overall, I like the F/S rule, and even though it can rort the system at times, I still think it should stay. What other league has something like it?

He and the rest of that good-mediocre Cats side just happened to morph into irrepressible tireless titanium-cored supermen after Stephen Dank and The Weapon stopped by. #allegedly

Gold for chalmers in the pool. Now for footy?

On that form we wont see him playing footy til 2024 - if that ... sadly for us - great for Kyle!

Does he have younger brothers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I realise he's ineligible, but anyone know how Marcus Williams is coming along?

Doing OK apparently. He has already won a premiership

images

would be silly of them not to. lets hope sanity prevails.

There's no guarantee he'll pursue footy is there? Isn't he more into soccer at this point, with Gav not trying to turn his head - and good on him for that - in any way?

So how about we get a bit of a list going based on this article?

2017 - Mitchell Mead
2019 - Trent Burgoyne
2019 - Jackson Mead
2020 - Oscar Lade
2020 - Owen Montgomery
2020 - Taj Schofield
2020 - Noah Wilson
2021 - Jace Burgoyne
2021 - Will Francou
2021 - Tex Wanganeen (also FS eligible for Essendon)
2022 - Harper Montgomery
2023 - Oliver Francou
2023 - Jack Lade
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Eddy Cornes
2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gillon Wakelin (also FS eligible for St Kilda)
2026 - Raphael Cornes
2026 - Louis Salopek
2026 - Nate Tredrea
2026 - Tevita Rodan
2027 - Sonny Cornes
2028 - Leo Tredrea
2029 - Bodi Westhoff
2030 - Maikeli Rodan
2031 - Beau Schulz
2033 - Jack Dew
2033 - Anthony Surjan
2033 - Zander Surjan
2033 - Alipate Carlile Jr
2033 - Jude Carr

Last edited:
So how about we get a bit of a list going based on this article?

2019 - Trent Burgoyne
2019 - Jackson Mead
2020 - Oscar Lade
2020 - Owen Montgomery
2020 - Taj Schofield
2020 - Noah Wilson
2021 - Jace Burgoyne
2021 - Will Francou
2021 - Tex Wanganeen (also FS eligible for Essendon)
2022 - Harper Montgomery
2023 - Oliver Francou
2023 - Jack Lade
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Eddy Cornes
2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gillon Wakelin (also FS eligible for St Kilda)
2026 - Raphael Cornes
2026 - Louis Salopek
2026 - Nate Tredrea
2026 - Tevita Rodan
2027 - Sonny Cornes
2028 - Leo Tredrea
2029 - Bodi Westhoff

how do i sticky this list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back