Opinion Sacrifice the AFL for a VFL Flag (poll added)?

Should we sacrifice the senior side to benefit the VFL side in their finals tilt?

• Yes: Cloke, Williams, etc are probably gone so why not keep them in the twos to play finals?

Votes: 43 43.0%
  • No: If a senior player deserves a call up, he plays seniors, no matter what happens in the VFL.

Votes: 57 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With 1 Game to go in the AFL vs Hawks. Which most Likely we get Smashed in.

Be no point bring Cloke up for 1 Games and that stops him playing VFL Finals.

Play Cox instead because he be just as good as Cloke and He does NOT Qualify for VFL Finals.

IF White gets a Holiday bring in Gault. Get better Option in Close for the VFL Game

I doubt it was to qualify him for the VFL finals (which is what I was getting at).

Sorry misunderstood....his time at the Pies is done no point playing him in the Seniors.

Play Cox next week we are going to get spanked anyway.

I doubt it was to qualify him for the VFL finals (which is what I was getting at).

Williams played 5 Minutes in the VFL on Saturday so he Qualified for VFL Finals

Sorry misunderstood....his time at the Pies is done no point playing him in the Seniors.

Play Cox next week we are going to get spanked anyway.

Agree. Cloke is Gone. So Play Cox ahead of him is the Obvious reason.

Cloke was not even named in the Best and I have seen him play better in the VFL

Williams played 5 Minutes in the VFL on Saturday so he Qualified for VFL Finals
Should do the same with Cloke . Name him in the VFL squad, pull him out after 5 minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should do the same with Cloke . Name him in the VFL squad, pull him out after 5 minute.

But IF Cloke plays AFL he has played too many AFL Gamers to Qualify for the VFL Finals

Or was that because they found out Goldsack was a withdrawal for Sat night so pulled Williams off?
Genuine question.

Well Goldsack was at the VFL. So I doubt he did a Fitness Test there

Or was that because they found out Goldsack was a withdrawal for Sat night so pulled Williams off?
Genuine question.
Think I read that they played him for 5 mins to qualify him for the VFL and was then taken off due to Goldsack's illness as he would be needed for the seniors.

Yes I know some might not like this View.

With only 2 games in the AFL Season to go. I would keep Cloke in the VFL so he can Play Finals and Maybe bring a few back to make sure we finish top 2 and get a Home QF.

Your Thoughts?
Hell no. The AFL is what matters. I care a lot more about him getting a farewell game (given that there is a spot that he is the best candidate to fill) than the VFL team.

Well Goldsack was at the VFL. So I doubt he did a Fitness Test there
Totally forgot it is either one of them. Hmmm. I still say VFL. Rather have him delivering the VFL cup rather then trying to knock off Hawthorn with a depleted team.

If they play Trav in the 2's purely to qualify for the finals it sends an awful message to the 22 that will run out against the Hawks.
What would an Adam Treloar think if they sent out a team they considered sub standard for him to play alongside.
Why bust your arse if they are more concerned with the VFL?
The clubs responsibility is to field what they consider the teams best 22 each week.

Off the top of your head, who won the 1999 VFL GF? Answer: Who f*&%ing cares (unless your a relative :D).

Hell no. The AFL is what matters. I care a lot more about him getting a farewell game (given that there is a spot that he is the best candidate to fill) than the VFL team.

Cloke Leaving is at this Moment not a 100% Sure thing.

Want a Farewell game. Then play Caff

Totally forgot it is either one of them. Hmmm. I still say VFL. Rather have him delivering the VFL cup rather then trying to knock off Hawthorn with a depleted team.

Hawks will Thumps us With or Without Cloke

If they play Trav in the 2's purely to qualify for the finals it sends an awful message to the 22 that will run out against the Hawks.
What would an Adam Treloar think if they sent out a team they considered sub standard for him to play alongside.
Why bust your arse if they are more concerned with the VFL?
The clubs responsibility is to field what they consider the teams best 22 each week.

Off the top of your head, who won the 1999 VFL GF? Answer: Who f*&%ing cares (unless your a relative :D).

I hope the Players in the VFL Don't think you don't give a Flying F**k about them

Think I read that they played him for 5 mins to qualify him for the VFL and was then taken off due to Goldsack's illness as he would be needed for the seniors.

OK thanks, what they didn't do was keep him out of the AFL purely to bolster the VFL. If they had of replaced Sack with Tim Golds so Marley wasn't ineligible then I'd have a problem.

Back