Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2016 Finals/offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any Bulldogs supporter younger than 55 wasn't alive the last time their side made a GF

You'd have to be in your sixties to have seen them win a flag

Ponder that for a moment

Flogs like Darcy are cringeworthy but I hope their supporters enjoy having their team in a granny

Not fussed who wins next week tbh, just want to see a game like today's

In a year or so we will have a great stadium - its time the afl started playing grannies rotating through the states

One at the g - one at sydney - one at the g - one in adelaide - one at the g - etc etc etc

Its a national game - its time
It's why we needed an 80,000 seater instead of a 60,000 one. There's no way the AFL would give up the revenue. Fully agree though.
*Edit: Looks like it's locked in until 2037 anyway :(

No way will the AFL ever move the GF. Too much corporate dollars involved. It's complete garbage that only 30k tickets go to competing club members.

If it got moved that number would drop significantly.

The GF is not for fans.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's why we needed an 80,000 seater instead of a 60,000 one. There's no way the AFL would give up the revenue. Fully agree though.
*Edit: Looks like it's locked in until 2037 anyway :(
This argument is just Vic bullshit though. Most of the money is TV rights, and there's a simple solution - just charge more for the tickets based on the number of seats. I paid 2k last year for a "package" + got absolutely bent over on flights. If it was in Perth (like it should have ******* been) I would have happily paid 1.5k for a ticket to make up for "revenue".

The fact is they don't want to change it because they're a bunch of biased Vic campaigners, and it's not going to change for another 20 years at least

It was glorious. You missed out, dude.
I will never forget 2006 tho, god I remember that day more than any other. Mum hated close games so she went and hid in the car for most of the last quarter. I remember coming out of the house to tell her we won by a point. Magical

Can't decide which post is worse.
Could not care any less than I already do about the Bulldogs and whatever sob story the media wants to regurgitate over and over to make me feel something for them. Give me a ******* break, I hate those peasants more than any other club in this league.

Could not care any less than I already do about the Bulldogs and whatever sob story the media wants to regurgitate over and over to make me feel something for them. Give me a ******* break, I hate those peasants more than any other club in this league.
Why? The Bulldogs are about the least offensive side going around these days. Unless you are harbouring Southern-Libba hatred from decades ago? Probably time to let that go...

Also this year has been a bit different to most other years - not much between the top 7 teams when you look at the ladder at the end of home & away games!
Yeah only 2 games difference between 1st and 7th and if the Bulldogs had actually given a toss against Freo in the last game it would have been only 1 win between 1st and 7th

Throw in the pre finals bye and this year was always a chance to throw up a result like this

Why? The Bulldogs are about the least offensive side going around these days.
Exactly, they offer this league nothing and it has been that way for the better part of a century. They're irrelevant to me and one sudden GF appearance doesn't change that.

I guess you could call me an elitist.

funny how things have worked out. We finish the season with 3 massive wins and were regarded as the form team and along with adelaide predicted to be the only non top 4 team to have an impact late in the finals. The dogs on the other hand just scraped in at the end of the season and were expected to be bundled out first week. Extremely disappointed with the loss and it still hurts but the unpredictability of this game is what i love. Hope the dogs go on and win this one.

Exactly, they offer this league nothing
Bullshit. Not winning GFs doesn't automatically make a team irrelevant. The Western Bulldogs are a great team to watch, have been for a long time now, and their prelim-losing streak didn't mean they weren't a force to be reckoned with in the last decade or so.
I guess you could call me an elitist.
I could think of a few other terms too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back