News Pies drop Leading Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

This!
Leading Teams were at 7 clubs this year, although parted ways with Richmond a few months ago and now us. Still at 5 other clubs.
For whatever reason, it wasn't suited to our group. Can look at the reasons from a couple of perspectives
1) The existing culture before it was introduced was too far removed from what the program tried to achieve.
2) It's a s**t program and just a money maker.

It works for some clubs/teams and not for others.

It appears it didn't suit us and that's fine. Recognise it's not working and get rid of it.

Didn't the Doggies get rid of it? They seem to have a very strong culture at the moment.

But as Saintly Viewed always says, winning games probably helped a lot!

For whatever reason, it wasn't suited to our group. Can look at the reasons from a couple of perspectives
1) The existing culture before it was introduced was too far removed from what the program tried to achieve.
2) It's a s**t program and just a money maker.
Maybe a bit of each but I have seen it work well at a managerial level but when tried at the next level down, a major flop.

I wasn't a fan either. Not suited to a young list. At the end of the day though you can blame a lot of things for our crap performance though.

Article just out in The Age:

'Collingwood's new-look football department has enacted further change, with the club deciding to again part ways with high-performance consultants Leading Teams...The Pies confirmed to Fairfax Media on Tuesday that the club's football department had decided Leading Teams would not have a role at the Holden Centre in 2017, feeling that the time had come to move on from the leadership experts. Other than confirming the split, Leading Teams declined to comment.'

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-ways-with-leading-teams-20160927-grpmk4.html

Best news all day!

Mindfulness Meditation is the next natural progression for the Collingwood Football club.

More and more teams are integrating it into their operations.
Here you go pass it on to Bolts...
I hope this website will give you a constant flow of different and liberating viewpoints that will help to leave anything junky behind.
The site has been built as a gift, for anyone who is interested, to provide inspiration, food for thought and a few avenues to great personal change for the Soul, Mind and Body.
http://trevorhendy.com/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank ****, outdated program that divides and destroys footy clubs.
Similar programs have been popping up so no, it's not outdated. Research on the current generation in their 20's says that they want more input into the practises of their workplaces and need a sense of ownership.
When it comes to Collingwood, the timing wasn't great. IMO, I'd have a look at the club and its characters before you pot the program.
You make a gross generalisation when you say it destroys footy clubs.

Similar programs have been popping up so no, it's not outdated. Research on the current generation in their 20's says that they want more input into the practises of their workplaces and need a sense of ownership.
When it comes to Collingwood, the timing wasn't great. IMO, I'd have a look at the club and its characters before you pot the program.
You make a gross generalisation when you say it destroys footy clubs.

As long as the current generation in their 20's are getting some valuable input then it works FiloBeddoe........but if the puppets......sorry the leadership group are dictating the resolution to meetings then leading teams fails.

It's time our Club stops holding hands and as Maxy said a few years ago at the Copeland the players need to "step up"!

Get a ruck coach now instead of leading teams........it's a :thumbsu: from me.

I hope this website will give you a constant flow of different and liberating viewpoints that will help to leave anything junky behind.
The site has been built as a gift, for anyone who is interested, to provide inspiration, food for thought and a few avenues to great personal change for the Soul, Mind and Body.

Sheesh! I thought Hendo was some cool surf lifesaver dude...not some spiritual wannabe guru...

So we've realised we've been doing it wrong for 5 years and the man still over looking all of this is still the coach. Makes sense.

This has a little bit of the Bomber Thompson/Cats review about it. Seems like Bucks has been stepped back into the coaching role and not overseeing everything and anything.

Leading Teams gone - YES YES YES - another Bigfooty thread win - thanks for reading Gubby lol

How do you feel a program like this could benefit Collingwood?

You mean it's stupid because of how precious players are when encountering constructive criticism. God forbid they are asked to follow team guidelines in a team sport and are held accountable.
Leading teams and similar systems are great if run properly, but if it isn't it becomes an English boarding school prefect system, which I get the impression is what it became at the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back