Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I like the 80s Footscray strips better than the seperate hoops and I had the idea to try and find a middle ground.

gjYQDZv.png

HJ5IosI.png
The collar :hearteyes:

middle ground

Good thinking... return the hoops is all well and good but the '54 look will eventually start to get boring and small tweaks will need to come in. My prediction would be removing the 1cm of blue between the two stripes before too long.

Edit: Just noticed it was actually like that in 1938.

Last edited:
Good thinking... return the hoops is all well and good but the '54 look will eventually start to get boring and small tweeks will need to come in. My prediction would be removing the 1cm of blue between the two stripes before too long.
Nice. Odds on favourite is that the hoops get moved back up so the red one is overlapped by the numbers on the back.

To be fair we wore it a lot more this year than we have any other year.

And btw I love this board for always jumping down anyone's throat when it's suggested that Collingwood don't have an effective clash jumper. It's genuinely one of the best in the league.
And the call it as it is, rather than a "heritage jumper"

To be fair we wore it a lot more this year than we have any other year.

And btw I love this board for always jumping down anyone's throat when it's suggested that Collingwood don't have an effective clash jumper. It's genuinely one of the best in the league.

Yeah the argy bargy at Collingwood should definitely be about them wearing it, not it's existance.

I'd have them wearing it every time they wear white shorts. The black guernsey white shorts combo is the worst in their kit bag, even once is too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemingly in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the new roo.
It looks too front heavy, whereas the old one was a lot more balanced.

Maybe if the legs were pulled back and the arms were a little less bulky I'd be more sold on it.

I think I'd almost rather we keep the current logo.

Seemingly in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the new roo.
It looks too front heavy, whereas the old one was a lot more balanced.

Maybe if the legs were pulled back and the arms were a little less bulky I'd be more sold on it.
I agree with you, the balance does lean to the right too much and could use improvement.
I think I'd almost rather we keep the current logo.
That I can't agree with you on. Even with it's flaws, it's still 20 times better than the current logo.

I agree with you, the balance does lean to the right too much and could use improvement.

That I can't agree with you on. Even with it's flaws, it's still 20 times better than the current logo.
Maybe it's just a bit of bias, but I don't mind the current. Sure, it could be better, but I don't think it deserves some of what it cops.

That said, I'm more than happy with us going forward with any kind of bounding roo, so iconic, and among the best jumpers in the league.

I was super keen on that North logo until I saw it on the guernsey mock-up. But even then, it's starting to look more natural given a bit of time.

In comparison, the old one looks like a fat old thing, leisurely hopping along. The new one looks muscular without being overly detailed, and looks like its really bounding forwards.

I think they've done a great job, even if it is a little right skewed. Remember there's nothing official on it yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back