The "good old" VFL days are over and there's nothing you can do about it

Remove this Banner Ad

What's holding back Aussie Rules is the AFL's obsession with teams in areas where the majority of the population DGAF about Aussie Rules Football.
The AFL needs to accept the fact that Aussie Rules never has, and never will be the world's most popular code of football and they should concentrate on promoting it where people love the game.

Um ...
Last time I looked only one team is traveling interstate.
You've played as many games at the G as we have over the past few years and Swans have the same Member ticket allocation for the game as the Bulldogs do, so it's not like we have a home ground advantage.

You've played as many games at the G as we have over the past few years and Swans have the same Member ticket allocation for the game as the Bulldogs do, so it's not like we have a home ground advantage.
Haha
Your guys are sleeping in their own beds tonight. Ours are in a hotel.

If you think there is no difference, let's play the next GF at the SCG. Just for the fun of it.

Define near future. The grand final will be played outside of Victoria once the MCC deal expires in 2038, possibly even beforehand.
Unless another 100k stadium gets built then no chance. The AFL likes money. More seats equal more money.

What's holding back Aussie Rules is the AFL's obsession with teams in areas where the majority of the population DGAF about Aussie Rules Football.
The AFL needs to accept the fact that Aussie Rules never has, and never will be the world's most popular code of football and they should concentrate on promoting it where people love the game.
How is it holding back Aussie rules?

Promoting it where people love the game? If someone here doesn't already love it, they never will.

I'm about to turn 46, I went to my first game in 1975. I'm Melbourne and Victorian born and bred, through and through. I deeply respect the illustrious past of our game. I celebrate the present. And I very much look forward to the future of our game. I revel in its expansion and success. It was, is and always be the greatest sport on the planet.
And that's really all there is to it. Anything else is either clinging to the past or a denial of history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha
Your guys are sleeping in their own beds tonight. Ours are in a hotel.

If you think there is no difference, let's play the next GF at the SCG. Just for the fun of it.
If you think that where the players sleep tonight makes a hell of a difference, then your guys are rooted tomorrow. I hope it does make a difference.

Sometimes the most obvious things are hard to articulate. Good work :thumbsu:

If you think that where the players sleep tonight makes a hell of a difference, then your guys are rooted tomorrow. I hope it does make a difference.
One day the GF will be played around the country and it will be a great day when it happens.

And yeah. The dogs are so brave I am sure they could win from anywhere.

Even without the umps in their corner.

[QUOT
Subi is too small for an AFL grand final, if WA is to have serious pretensions to hosting the granny it would need to be an Eagles v Dockers match up at the new stadium. Given how poor Freo were this year and their list depth (I refer any Purpleite naysayers to Sunday's WAFL grand final and the important role Mzungu played in Peel's victory) that's not likely to happen for a while.

Too small. Why? Because there won't be enough crowd noise coming from your TV to please your ears? This is the AFL grand final, a real sport. Not Wrestlemania.

One day the GF will be played around the country and it will be a great day when it happens.

And yeah. The dogs are so brave I am sure they could win from anywhere.

Even without the umps in their corner.
You seem very bitter friend, what's the problem? Your team is in it's third Grand Final in five years and still you bitch about everything. Go for a walk, get some fresh air, look after yourself or you'll have an heart attack.

hqdefault.jpg

You seem very bitter friend, what's the problem? Your team is in it's third Grand Final in five years and still you bitch about everything. Go for a walk, get some fresh air, look after yourself or you'll have an heart attack.
Whereas your team has enjoyed the fairytale. Our team has been dumped on by countless Victorian jerks.

So yeah.
Don't expect any light banter this week.

Whereas your team has enjoyed the fairytale. Our team has been dumped on by countless Victorian jerks.

So yeah.
Don't expect any light banter this week.
I'm sure that "The Bloods Culture" will get you through mate... You've had the national media fawning all over you for the better part of a decade now, so don't feel too bad about sharing some of the limelight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back