Rumour Will Wells come to Collingwood now that he's leaving North? YES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I propose the welcome to the club thread should actually have some details in the OP about the player involved...

Rather than just a simple "more info to come"

I post the Tweet from Club in the Opening Thread

we might be paying him 800-900 next year then diddly the one or two years after... we have a sht load of cap space.. so he might be worth that money next year. So not that bad if you look at it that way

I post the Tweet from Club in the Opening Thread
Saying he's nominated Collingwood is not the same as being signed by Collingwood

We're just asking everyone to be accurate when making these announcements.

Saying he's nominated Collingwood is not the same as being signed by Collingwood

We're just asking everyone to be accurate when making these announcements.

Well I do go early but the 1st Reports where he had Signed then Changed to Nominating

Well I do go early but the 1st Reports where he had Signed then Changed to Nominating
dont worry dave either tomorrow or wednesday it will be offical

Wells is exactly the type of player we needed in 2013. I just can't see point right now - other than desperation to make finals for Buckley's tenure. His injury issues just make it all the more questionable. Best case scenario is he has 3 good years and helps us get later draft picks by pushing us to 6th. The horse has already bolted. We are supposed to be rebuilding.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and you will never have a strong side when you expose to many kids at the one time. just ask Melbourne from the late 2000's. ask GWS why they brought in Steve Johnson. it's a calculated risk by the club. the club would have wanted and expected Swan to play 2 more years. this has not eventuated and brought in a professional player that can act as both a mentor and if managed correctly a more then handy player.
Yeah right makes perfect sense we must not have enough old players. Lets go after all the 30 year olds. I mean our average age is pretty much identical to the Dogs and they were disgraceful this year

You can sometimes be the biggest ball breaker! Wells is an excellent addition to our list. It's not like we have come out and recruited another Clinton Young through FA here, we have someone that can help us move up the ladder.
Hang on a minute Clinton Young was the missing link. What is the point of recruiting a 32 year old to help get you to 7th? And then retire

Who said it was Definitely 3 Years Straight?

I can live with two years with the option for a third depending on performance. I think he's a talented player but it's a risky decision given his injury history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back