Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people reverse park into parking spaces? It always takes them at least 3 goes back and forward then back and forward and back and forward, while they hold up the rest of the people trying to park.

It takes me zero seconds to park. I just drive straight in. Then it never takes me more than one go to reverse out.

I would like to hear your opinion on parallel parks- forward or reverse and who has more of a right to the park aka- George Costanza ep on Seinfeld.

the-parking-space-picture.png

Last edited:

I always reverse park and it's rarely not completed first up - on the odd occasion I may need to straighten up just the once

Then you're not typical. I would say 80% of people who reverse park at my train station or at the supermarket take at least 2 goes. Whereas I've never seen anyone take more than one go to reverse out of a car park spot. You are reversing into a large area so you don't have to be accurate. Reverse parking makes sense if you are a getaway driver and your mates are holding up the convenience store.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you're not typical. I would say 80% of people who reverse park at my train station or at the supermarket take at least 2 goes. Whereas I've never seen anyone take more than one go to reverse out of a car park spot. You are reversing into a large area so you don't have to be accurate. Reverse parking makes sense if you are a getaway driver and your mates are holding up the convenience store.
Plenty of people take more than one go to get out as well. There are dunderklumpens parking in both ways.

why do i suddenly miss high school
all of a sudden
An environment with almost zero consequences.

Too bad you never realise it until you actually leave high school.

An environment with almost zero consequences.

Too bad you never realise it until you actually leave high school.

about a month ago i went on a weekend run and decided to alter my path, anyway i found myself on the oval of my old high school, and i realised that this was the first time i had been on the schoolgrounds since i was a student there.

had a bit of a wander around the perimeter looking around, honestly got a bit emotional seeing all the old corridors i walked through everyday and all the old hangout spots etc.

but I went home and didn't think about it again. now all of a sudden the nostalgia has hit me. I had fun in high school but once I left i never really looked back with any great fondness or yearning to go back.

Yeah I've been back to my high school twice- the year after Year 12, then about 6 years ago in the middle of the night, randomly driving past it thought we would stop.

Latter was very strange wandering around, the place had changed so much hardly recognized it. :(

Same goes with the old school I used to work at too. Went back 4-5 years after I'd left it- just wasnt the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back