NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Nunan from Mont to North Heidelberg. They are setting themselves up nicely North, with Boomer and Blair on board any youngster playing footy down at the Kennel will be getting the best coaching available. Can't see them losing many if any games in 2017.

By the sounds of it Lower are recruiting a few older champs to try and get them back up to Division 1, always helpful to have experience in this grade, look at what Hursty did with their ex-div 1 champs. Need to ensure you've got the back up plan for when the older players do eventually retire though otherwise there could be big issues at hand.

Liam Nunan from Mont to North Heidelberg. They are setting themselves up nicely North, with Boomer and Blair on board any youngster playing footy down at the Kennel will be getting the best coaching available. Can't see them losing many if any games in 2017.

By the sounds of it Lower are recruiting a few older champs to try and get them back up to Division 1, always helpful to have experience in this grade, look at what Hursty did with their ex-div 1 champs. Need to ensure you've got the back up plan for when the older players do eventually retire though otherwise there could be big issues at hand.
Why doesnt lower try getting Vasilevski back. Type of player and character they need. Great on and off field

The older players are required to help out and develop the younger players. There definitely is plans beyond that, but Nth Heid are the favourites so no point worrying about that too much at the minute.

The rumor is Nunan was sent a letter from Mont telling him he was not welcome back after a string of alcohol incidents. With this I hear he has some support and some mates that will walk with him.

Heard there wasn't much in the incident that caused nunan to get the don't come Monday. Bit of carry on whilst on the sauce and perhaps an over reaction by mont. Not his first warning tho, so maybe something had to be done. I know Banyule were keen to get him now Dale Maine has gone back there. Should fit in well at north

Sounds like North have added a few more than handy types to add to the Harvey show. It's clearly North's to lose against lower in the Gf, the rest can write there own ticket because they will be miles behind!

Sounds like North have added a few more than handy types to add to the Harvey show. It's clearly North's to lose against lower in the Gf, the rest can write there own ticket because they will be miles behind!
I hear this every year north north footy is a funny game, don't count the other teams out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone will be, or should be thinking like that though. Surely everyone can see that by these guys coming back to local footy, that it is good for local footy, not just from a spectator point of view, but the young blokes playing against them, and with them are going to learn so much. I reckon any young fella worth his salt, will back himself against the old wily Roo, might get beaten, but have to back themselves.

I hear this every year north north footy is a funny game, don't count the other teams out
Sceamer you will find those pumping up North's tyres are on the outside of the club but on the inside the club is fully aware of others looking to improve their lists. No doubt there are expectations that we are over the line from many in the footy community & yes it is a very exciting time for the club but we also have to make it happen & not just sit back & think it will happen, bigger clubs than us have seen that occur to them previously.

Sceamer you will find those pumping up North's tyres are on the outside of the club but on the inside the club is fully aware of others looking to improve their lists. No doubt there are expectations that we are over the line from many in the footy community & yes it is a very exciting time for the club but we also have to make it happen & not just sit back & think it will happen, bigger clubs than us have seen that occur to them previously.
Hey Dubai Man i'm not picking on north just making a statement

Hearing that Aron Burns is going to lower, how many clubs can one bloke ruin his reputation at? Surely no-one would touch this flog with a ten foot pole.

Hi all, long time reader first time poster. A lot of good stuff posted on here but also a lot of interesting comments.

Anyway....

Im hearing a lot of positivity coming out of the bloods camp this off season. Really fancying there chances for 2017. Hopefully Kinga gets them up and about after their disappointing 2016. Can't see them going backwards though.

As far as the rest of the competition is concerned, evident to say every club is keeping their cards close to their chest. Unless all clubs are enjoying there time off which I highly doubt, no big signings have been announced besides Boomer at North.

Thommo are usually very vocal, must be taking a different approach. My sources haven't heard much though.

I'm hearing the stars are desperately trying to replace Francis, digging deep in the pockets from what I'm told.

From what I've read on here about Lower and past players not all is true I hear.

Hi all, long time reader first time poster. A lot of good stuff posted on here but also a lot of interesting comments.

Anyway....

Im hearing a lot of positivity coming out of the bloods camp this off season. Really fancying there chances for 2017. Hopefully Kinga gets them up and about after their disappointing 2016. Can't see them going backwards though.

As far as the rest of the competition is concerned, evident to say every club is keeping their cards close to their chest. Unless all clubs are enjoying there time off which I highly doubt, no big signings have been announced besides Boomer at North.

Thommo are usually very vocal, must be taking a different approach. My sources haven't heard much though.

I'm hearing the stars are desperately trying to replace Francis, digging deep in the pockets from what I'm told.

From what I've read on here about Lower and past players not all is true I hear.
Yeah agree lalor to be the big movers. They will play for Kingy. It will be between lower and North though. Stars have had there run. Will hang on for top 4 only cos the bottom 4 are average.
Diamo to round out finals spot. Watsy been awfully quiet but will sneak enough wins to survive. Good juniors coming through. Thomastown seems gun shy. Got burnt with the hawthorn bloke and spruiking about him.

Stars will be fine in this department. Some handy pickups already with a few others on the cusp. If we're locking North and Lower into the Top 2, Stars will be 3.

The standard of Div 2 has dropped a little over the last couple of years. Great to see that it's going to lift again in 2017

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back