MVP North Melbourne Board's Poster of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello guys and girls, it is that time of the year again and I thought I'll get this thread up and running seem there's still a few of us left looking at the rookies thread.

Simple 3-2-1 vote system, three votes for the poster you rate most, 2 for the second best poster and 1 for the third best poster. Try to avoid voting for yourself and only three posters can be nominated, so no sharing votes.

You can leave a rationale as well as honourable mentions, but that is completely up to you guys and girls.

This thread will be open for two weeks and at the end of the two weeks, the votes will be tallied and giantroo, I mean, the POTY will be announced.

I'll start us off:

3 votes - Giantroo, simply, this guy puts the most effort in this board, even more than the moderators and he has deserved his previous North Board POTY wins.

2 votes - Tas, a very underrated poster for mine and I have really enjoyed reading his lengthy parables and sermons in multiple football and political threads throughout the year.

1 vote - Gasometer, this guy is what I would call a legend of the North board and his work this year with gameday threads and complete randomness and support of North has seen him clinch a vote here. Kudos Gaso.

HM: The Other Dean, Twinkletoes (I don't give votes to mods, otherwise you would have polled), King Corey, Nate7, Quivorir, The Filth Wizard, the big lebowski (thoughts are with you and your family still mate), Phillyroo, RobZombie, kangaspurs, Pykie and the ever reliable B Tron (who was close to a vote for top posting as always). And for anyone I missed, I apologise, Gaso still hasn't got me a pen and paper, but thanks for a fun year, despite the on-field messiness of it all.

Last edited:

Just a matter of who take the minor places and by how much.

If there isn't daylight between first and second we're shutting this down.

3.@roos_fanatic08 really knows his stuff
2. giantroo what a man! What a poster
1. King Corey and B Tron level headed, assured and very smart posters!
Votes for oneself, why didn't I think of that.

There can only be three posters, so I'm afraid you are going to have to choose.

Had to go back through the trade and FA thread to find some of the better contributors..:thumbsdown:

Seriously though, another fun year fellas. We were all on top of the clouds until the middle of the year and from then on it was a rough trip home but was always a lot of great banter and plenty of laughs and great content as always.

3 Votes: giantroo - no offence to the rest of the clan but old mate should win in an absolute canter. GR, for goodness sake treat yourself to a holiday or something. Your work this year has been incredible and much appreciated by the whole board.

2 Votes: Gasometer - I love your premature game day threads and long may they continue.

1 Vote: Myself (it's the only one il get)... No for real the last vote goes to Kangaroos4eva - from the stern look to the great banter your contribution has been immense and greatly appreciated.

To the mods, dont envy the job you do around here. Plenty of absolute rubbish to deal with, big kudos to you all.

Toss of the coin and it went the way of King Corey! I could probably remove the votes for myself and bump everyone else up but that would just be immature
I probably would not have cared, but I can't be bothered counting half votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3, Giantroo......yet again raised the already high bar significantly, legend of this board.

Absolute daylight

2, Gasometer......will he ever achieve likes to posts parity ?

1, Arthur Cloke.....low volume but high quality input.

HM's : All of our Mod's for outstanding work, K4E and co for podcasts, much too many to mention here, but this board has heaps of quality contributors, and a very low number of those worthy of the ignore function.

Best club board on BigFooty easily.

Last edited:
3. giantroo - Absolute legend, great source of info. Club should employ him in the social media department. Prolific and always has an impact. NMFC Equivalent- Keith Greig

2. Kangaroos4eva - Such a hard worker, love the podcasts. Good voice of reason, always measured- NMFC Equivalent- Wayne Schimmlebusch

1. Gasometer - game day threads, general great banter in a frustrating year. Just don't ask him to meet up for a beer. NMFC Equivalent- Mick Nolan

HMs- Phillyroo Twinkletoes King Corey @BTron scooby1279 see see

Seriously everyone on this board are champs.

Lubbbbb
GN80

This is such a waste of time. Can we just give GR a perpetual trophy already?

B Tron always makes me think, Arden always makes me laugh, Tas always makes me get myself a cup of tea and settle in, and it's been great having roos_fanatic more active this year. But it's really the group that I love being part of, every poster with their different takes on footy and other stuff helps make this a great place to hang out, so thanks to everyone.

Oh, six votes.......... G Roo.

3. Harris 10, I've agreed with every post he's ever made.
2. Giantroo, hopefully the boy is on a wage for his posting because I'm not sure he's got time to do anything else.
1. Arden, good for a laugh
I would be worried if you started disagreeing with yourself.

This is such a waste of time. Can we just give GR a perpetual trophy already?

B Tron always makes me think, Arden always makes me laugh, Tas always makes me get myself a cup of tea and settle in, and it's been great having roos_fanatic more active this year. But it's really the group that I love being part of, every poster with their different takes on footy and other stuff helps make this a great place to hang out, so thanks to everyone.

Oh, six votes.......... G Roo.
I know, but it is a good opportunity to pump the tyres of other posters when they get a vote or mention, it's a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back