MVP North Melbourne Board's Poster of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, but it is a good opportunity to pump the tyres of other posters when they get a vote or mention, it's a good thing.
Just kidding. It's nice to stop and think about posters we have enjoyed all year.

And as there have been a few posts from ferball that made me want to propose on the spot, I should probably include a virtual high five there too. Similar feels for Orange Peanut. Learned a lot from RobZombie and Flawed Genius, always love The Other Dean, Gasometer and Kimbo - too many to mention and I know I will forget people, but I have liked your posts and you know who you are.

This is tough. I'm going to have to research my likes given and try to remember who has caught my eye this year.

I can start by saying giantroo....pffft. All he does is post extremely useful information, videos, pictures and tweets that make reading the North board a very enjoyable experience. I mean, where are his post loss rants? Where is his continual bagging of his favourite whipping boy? Where are his meltdowns during the game day thread, only to be retracted at the end of the game?

I'll tell you where they are......nowhere!! Start to get serious giantroo if you want my vote.

3. Apollo Creed (one of the few that makes sense but doesn't post for the sake of posting...like so many do)
2. ArjenTheGreat (dont agree with a lot but admire the way he sticks to his guns)
.5 Kimbo .5 Hearts to hearts. (Only cause I know it will bug them when they can't see who gave them half a vote...but both being so self righteous I know they'll look)

3- must be Giantroo love his continues work for this board.

2- B tron at times of insane postings he does been a little sanity

1- gasometer always enjoy reading his stuff during the season.

This is such a waste of time. Can we just give GR a perpetual trophy already?

B Tron always makes me think, Arden always makes me laugh, Tas always makes me get myself a cup of tea and settle in, and it's been great having roos_fanatic more active this year. But it's really the group that I love being part of, every poster with their different takes on footy and other stuff helps make this a great place to hang out, so thanks to everyone.

Oh, six votes.......... G Roo.
Yeah i agree is it called the Giantroo award already well it should be!

3- Giantroo ( thank u from all of us)

2 - A.T.G - ( seriously if it wasn't for his posting this place would be very boring. Doesn't care if his views are unpopular and sticks to his guns and always good for a laugh.

1- Gaso -( What K4E said)

Last edited:
Given that giantroo will win and win handily, I will give my votes to other deserving posters.

3: ArjenTheGreat - a genuinely humorous poster who doesn't always (never?) goes with what others think. I get endless amusement from reading his posts and it makes me laugh to think that a high-powered, Singaporean Patrick Bateman spends all his time browsing BigFooty and calling posters out for being semi-frauds instead of doing cocaine. Or maybe he does both.

2: The Other Dean - eloquent, passionate, funny and most of all, blue and white coursing through his veins. Doesn't get three votes because he posts exclusively at disgraceful hours.

1: Could realistically be raffled between almost everyone else on the board. There are posters from all walks of life that contribute brilliantly to this board, and it would be impossible to pick just one, so this vote goes to Dugdale2Dwyer. May he rest in peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. giantroo, as everyone has already said it's not close. Your contribution is next level, and no amount of thanks and appreciation is sufficient to be appropriate. Even on Twitter you are often first past the post with info.

2. ArjenTheGreat, we got off to a rocky start a few years ago, but your entertainment value is just bloody top drawer.

1. Kangaroos4eva the podcast is such a good addition to this board, I enjoy it week in week out.

HM Quivorir, RobZombie Marksup chugginon Twinkletoes Kimbo GN80 Gasometer The Other Dean the big lebowski Hearts to hearts and the enigma (you know who you are)... probs forgot a fair few, but I love yous all.

I give 3 votes to IUB
tumblr_m56nwfM0Fu1rwr531o1_500.jpg

Being that 2016 has been the year of the upset, I'm going with Popeye 10.

Good thing we're not in the US or he'd now be just a sprinkle of 'electoral college' magic dust away from snaring the POTY gong.

2: The Other Dean - eloquent, passionate, funny and most of all, blue and white coursing through his veins. Doesn't get three votes because he posts exclusively at disgraceful hours.

Time of the day-ist. :thumbsdown:

Nah, you probably make a fair point. I've gotta be up in a couple of hours, and I want to give this subject due consideration. So at the risk of invoking a 'story of my life'-esque pun, I think I'll, errr, mull over my votes and shout-outs 'til tomorrow. (Which of course, is today.)

And massive thanks and appreciation to those who chucked me in your votes. Free Roosistence poster coming your way, as arranged.

Given that giantroo will win and win handily, I will give my votes to other deserving posters.

3: ArjenTheGreat - a genuinely humorous poster who doesn't always (never?) goes with what others think. I get endless amusement from reading his posts and it makes me laugh to think that a high-powered, Singaporean Patrick Bateman spends all his time browsing BigFooty and calling posters out for being semi-frauds instead of doing cocaine. Or maybe he does both.

1: Could realistically be raffled between almost everyone else on the board. There are posters from all walks of life that contribute brilliantly to this board, and it would be impossible to pick just one, so this vote goes to Dugdale2Dwyer. May he rest in peace.

Given you do a hell of a lot of ghost writing for me, you deserve a lot of the credit for cleaning up my posts for public consumption.

My votes FWIW,

3: The Ziebell - just a young wolf trying to make his way in the big bad world.

2. TOD - get stuffed is all I can say back to this bloke, I need to hire a ghost writer in order to compete on his level, a true Legend of the board and wordsmith.

1. Jeremy Jordan/Zondor/Rob Zombie/Arden/Dus/Apollo/Kimbo/ Madadam/Tron/Astrovic/Philly - The funny/The Clever/the Stupid/the informative- you guys rock.

And for all you campaigners who change your username every few weeks, you get dick as I have no idea who you are anymore.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back