Ch9 Dumps Brayshaw from The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll admit that I watch it purely because it's about footy and there's not a heck of lot of other things worthy on TV either. But it's painful viewing more often than not. It's actually best watched recorded and that way you can skip through all the moronic childish banter and watch the "good bits" .....if you can find them. Condenses the show to about 15 minutes.
Dont inform the footy show whingers you can record it and forward the crap.

Sounds like it might be Newmans last year. The current format will be dead when he leaves.

They may as well completely rejig the whole thing. Retire Sam, change the panel up stop having weekly player guests and instead have regulars who add something worth listening to.
Wouldn't be surprised if Newman pulls the pin in the next month. No amount of money is enough for Maddern and Hutchy.

Big Ed may have caught the Newman off-guard when trying to get Pies sycophant Hutchy on.

They may as well completely rejig the whole thing. Retire Sam, change the panel up stop having weekly player guests and instead have regulars who add something worth listening to.

The panel of players is tolerable.

What's tiring about it is they get the same faces on the panel almost every two weeks such as Stevie J, Dal Santo, Vince, etc.
They never tend to welcome fresh faces on a regular basis, which gets on my nerves. No Bulldogs players, no Blues players and rarely any interstate players that come over.

Who could forget the annual cross-over to Tex Walker on his couch in South Australia. Great player and great person, but Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its exactly the same as ever. Dont tell me it isnt. You know that and I know that.
Same as ever. Ok right, well I'm sure you enjoy one of the other hundred channels you can choose from, and let those who enjoy it, do so. Hopefully the 10 minutes you watch this year is as exciting as the last few years.

The shows been pretty terrible since Eddie left. Before that it used to be decent with some funny moments. Plus Sam is past it now but he he used to be quite entertaining.

Honestly its gotten so low brow that I don't even know what audience it appeals to. They should scrap the whole format, do a full re-branding and come back with a serious football show that is informative and thought-provoking.

The show needs a complete revamp. The players on the panel barely ever say a word and for some reason Billy Brownless is still on of those players every week.

The shows been pretty terrible since Eddie left. Before that it used to be decent with some funny moments. Plus Sam is past it now but he he used to be quite entertaining.

Honestly its gotten so low brow that I don't even know what audience it appeals to. They should scrap the whole format, do a full re-branding and come back with a serious football show that is informative and thought-provoking.

The trouble is, when it first came to being, it was relevant in that it focussed mainly on footy with some humour thrown in. it gave us footy stories as well as the teams, etc. However, over the years we know all this before the show comes to air, so if you're like me and only after footy information, then TFS is no longer compulsory viewing.

Why does it need to be a serious show? There's no crime against entertainment and variety shows. Haven't we filtered enough personality out of the media as it is?

And how exactly is it meant to be "thought provoking? They're talking about football, not the Syrian refugee crisis. You're never going to get that balance to suit everyone anyway.

Hutchy as host is a bizarre choice though. Boy's culture at its worst.

The show needs a complete revamp. The players on the panel barely ever say a word and for some reason Billy Brownless is still on of those players every week.

I agree, it's pointless having current players on because they are so limited in what they can say. The problem the show faces is they need an influx of freshly retired players with TV style personalities. Not someone like Brownless who has made a living for 20 years just flashing his bloated gut on the screen, but people with real showbiz talent who know the game. The trouble is, clubs have a tendency to stifle anyone like this so most players these days are boring.

The president of the North Melbourne Football Club:

193549-james-brayshaw.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back