Ch9 Dumps Brayshaw from The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

The trouble is, when it first came to being, it was relevant in that it focussed mainly on footy with some humour thrown in. it gave us footy stories as well as the teams, etc. However, over the years we know all this before the show comes to air, so if you're like me and only after footy information, then TFS is no longer compulsory viewing.
Never thought about it like that before, but you've hit the nail on the head.

Retire Newman and Brownless already.

Get Huddo next to Maddern, and keep to a couple of regulars who actually add something.

Then burn the writers while we're at it and hunt down anyone amongst the decision makers who think jokes about "frothies" are what the show should be serving up.

Maybe then it would be watchable.

Taking a step back and it's clear to see that for the supposed 4th most attended football league in the world we sure do get served up a lot of shite which is endorsed by and associated with our code.

Gee wiz Hutchy?
Seriously the worst possible choice of all 7-8 billionish people on earth.

No doubt will be the last season.
Yep i agree... The ratings will drop big time next year you can see it.

Needs to be morphed into a serious show, the comedy angle is clearly not working and hasn't been for years. Having been a newsreader, Bec is capable of being serious so keep her. Get rid of Sam, Bill and Crawf. As much as I detest Caro and Barrett, I sometimes tune into Footy Classified because it can be insightful at times.

Needs to be morphed into a serious show, the comedy angle is clearly not working and hasn't been for years. Having been a newsreader, Bec is capable of being serious so keep her. Get rid of Sam, Bill and Crawf. As much as I detest Caro and Barrett, I sometimes tune into Footy Classified because it can be insightful at times.
The ratings would take a smashing without the entertainment. The personalities hold it together with all the information available elsewhere (as said before).

Political talk pre-game wouldn't work. You'd end up with the second most boring show after league teams.

They need to flick Brownless, Hutchy, and Crawford.
Jonathan Brown alongside Newman with Dave Hughes and Maddern. More comedy, pay more money for decent interviews. Have Dane Swan and a token gay/minority do cameos.

That could have a future.

The ratings would take a smashing without the entertainment. The personalities hold it together with all the information available elsewhere (as said before).

Political talk pre-game wouldn't work. You'd end up with the second most boring show after league teams.

They need to flick Brownless, Hutchy, and Crawford.
Jonathan Brown alongside Newman with Dave Hughes and Maddern. More comedy, pay more money for decent interviews. Have Swan and a token gay/minority do cameos.

That could have a future.
Dave Hughes is not a comedians butt hole.

They just need to look at the Marngrook Footy Show for a winning formula.
That show is a one hour show. Channell 9 footy show is 2 hours.

I can sit through Marngrook footy show no questions asked. Marngrook footy show produces More quality in 30 seconds than the AFL footy show can do in an hour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retire Newman and Brownless already.

Get Huddo next to Maddern, and keep to a couple of regulars who actually add something.

Then burn the writers while we're at it and hunt down anyone amongst the decision makers who think jokes about "frothies" are what the show should be serving up.

Maybe then it would be watchable.

If you are going to do all that then it's not the Footy show any more. You should start a brand new show. But Madden added nothing to the show and Hutchinson would be poison. Scrap it.

image.png

Stopped watching after listening to Bec Maddern for 5 minutes. I actually like Hutchy, listen to his sounding board podcast and isn't as bad as he looks. Literally. Unfortunately Maddern will still be their so I won't be watching.

Gotta be the end now , Maddern tries hard, Sam is occasionally funny, but Hutchinson is just a shocker - be surprised if it goes longer than next year

Gee wiz Hutchy?
Seriously the worst possible choice of all 7-8 billionish people on earth.

No doubt will be the last season.

Come on now, Luke Darcy, Warwick Capper and Donald Trump would have all been worse for starters :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back