Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to listen to a another of year of Dermott 'Daniel Chick did nuffin wrong' Brereton and Luke 'Yeah but what about anyone but the Eagles game' Darcy. Another year of ABC grandstand overlay I guess...

Seriously tho, **** Luke Darcy. Must be the most hated commentator going
Commentator? Even calling him that puts you in the pro-Farcy camp.

not that i am hanging out to watch me some football but has anyone seen fox footys line up lately. its basically their commentators having a day where they choose the games. gerard wheatley has gone with 6 geelong games, had dermott and dunstall on, no suprises which teams they chose for their days. brad johnson had a day with all bulldogs games and barry hall at least 3 clubs from games he would choose. pretty much sums up where fox (vfl) footy is at. would rather they lazily went through the previous seasons games 3 or 4 times like they used to do. at least there would be 1 in 9 chance of flicking over to 504 and seeing the eagles for 5 minutes

not that i am hanging out to watch me some football but has anyone seen fox footys line up lately. its basically their commentators having a day where they choose the games. gerard wheatley has gone with 6 geelong games, had dermott and dunstall on, no suprises which teams they chose for their days. brad johnson had a day with all bulldogs games and barry hall at least 3 clubs from games he would choose. pretty much sums up where fox (vfl) footy is at. would rather they lazily went through the previous seasons games 3 or 4 times like they used to do. at least there would be 1 in 9 chance of flicking over to 504 and seeing the eagles for 5 minutes

Pretty much why I cancelled the sports package till march.

2. West Coast’s new-look engine room

The Eagles won’t have Nic Naitanui for most of the season, but they will have another genuine weapon in Sam Mitchell. How West Coast’s midfield structures up with the four-times Hawthorn premiership star in the mix will be the most fascinating subplot to the club’s season. Will having Mitchell and Matt Priddis around the ball on the wide expanses of Domain Stadium make the Eagles too slow? Will Mitchell’s presence release Luke Shuey to become a more dominant force? Will the recently-crowned Brownlow medallist fast track the development of Elliot Yeo and Liam Duggan? The answers to these questions will decide whether the Eagles emerge as premiership contenders or not. They were smacked around the coal face in their elimination final loss to the Western Bulldogs in Perth last year and the midfield looms as the area that needs to improve most. Mitchell’s inclusion won’t be enough, but it will be interesting to see if he can match his output from Hawthorn last year. If he does and if Yeo and Duggan improve and Jack Redden can emerge as a first-choice player, then the Eagles should challenge for the flag.

This dog s**t criminally left out Dom Sheed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. West Coast’s new-look engine room

The Eagles won’t have Nic Naitanui for most of the season, but they will have another genuine weapon in Sam Mitchell. How West Coast’s midfield structures up with the four-times Hawthorn premiership star in the mix will be the most fascinating subplot to the club’s season. Will having Mitchell and Matt Priddis around the ball on the wide expanses of Domain Stadium make the Eagles too slow? Will Mitchell’s presence release Luke Shuey to become a more dominant force? Will the recently-crowned Brownlow medallist fast track the development of Elliot Yeo and Liam Duggan? The answers to these questions will decide whether the Eagles emerge as premiership contenders or not. They were smacked around the coal face in their elimination final loss to the Western Bulldogs in Perth last year and the midfield looms as the area that needs to improve most. Mitchell’s inclusion won’t be enough, but it will be interesting to see if he can match his output from Hawthorn last year. If he does and if Yeo and Duggan improve and Jack Redden can emerge as a first-choice player, then the Eagles should challenge for the flag.

This dog s**t criminally left out Dom Sheed.

Narrow and long. FFS. Subi and WA grounds in general are always Narrow and ******* long. That's why WA grown players love the outside and run and carry. The MCG has the wide expanses. Morons.

I am no Hardie fan but I had to change stations when Hasleby gives his input. What happened to McPharlin who at least talks sense . I understand 6pr wanting to placate dockers but Hasleby is just wrong with everything he dribbles out

6pr: Hey Hasleby how many flags have the dorkers won?

Hazel: (hangs head in shame) none

6pr: correct here's a gold star and a cup.
It's not a premiership cup but a tommy tippee sippy cup but still it's the thought thats counts.
Good to have you around mate

**** me, could that be anymore sanctimonious or misrepresentative of the issues

I'd also wager that what gets said on a cricket field doesn't come close to the trash talking in professional US sports
its written by an Aussie so i guess he probably has no clue what goes on in US Sport. You Can't accuse Australia of Racism when Indian Players and fans called Andrew Symonds a monkey. In fact he should look at other nations such as the SAFFA's, india and Pakistan who have brought the game into disrepute by fatch fixing and corruption. Also the bit about Abbott threatening to kill hughes is disgraceful as the was no evidence of it.

This really feels like its written by one of my dad mates who despise Australian cricket because of their arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back