SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here it comes.

homer_afraid_2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The school thing is stereotypically Adelaide.

Funny story with the school convo. Got into a chat with a guy who has raving about Prince Alfred's College and how he went there etc. Then he asked me my school. "Morialta, Marrytville, Rostrevor?" And I responded "nah mate, Darwin High School". His response was "oh so you're like one of those Noarlunga/South guys?" Then proceeded to give me dirty looks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny story with the school convo. Got into a chat with a guy who has raving about Prince Alfred's College and how he went there etc. Then he asked me my school. "Morialta, Marrytville, Rostrevor?" And I responded "nah mate, Darwin High School". His response was "oh so you're like one of those Noarlunga/South guys?" Then proceeded to give me dirty looks

There's a fair amount of girls here (almost always from the East/South-East side of the city) who only want guys who went to a school like PAC, St Peters, CBC or Scotch College. Some of the girls here act like you have the plague if you went to Windsor Gardens Vocational College instead of Christian Brothers College. The school convo is from what I can gather more of where you live in Adelaide for most others though.

On the Elizabeth thing, a fair amount of the area is s**t but Elizabeth East, Elizabeth Park and Hillbank are actually alright. Most of the scum live up North in Daveron Park, Andrews Farm and areas like that. Salisbury is also very underrated as a s**t hole.

There's a fair amount of girls here (almost always from the East/South-East side of the city) who only want guys who went to a school like PAC, St Peters, CBC or Scotch College. Some of the girls here act like you have the plague if you went to Windsor Gardens Vocational College instead of Christian Brothers College. The school convo is from what I can gather more of where you live in Adelaide for most others though.

On the Elizabeth thing, a fair amount of the area is s**t but Elizabeth East, Elizabeth Park and Hillbank are actually alright. Most of the scum live up North in Daveron Park, Andrews Farm and areas like that. Salisbury is also very underrated as a s**t hole.

Speaking as an elitist here, there is no way in the world CBC fits into that category. Heck Scotch barely does.;)

Speaking as an elitist here, there is no way in the world CBC fits into that category. Heck Scotch barely does.;)

I know people who went to CBC and they say it's overrated but on the outside it does have a better image then most schools. Same with Scotch who also charge some of the highest school fees in the state.

I know people who went to CBC and they say it's overrated but on the outside it does have a better image then most schools. Same with Scotch who also charge some of the highest school fees in the state.

The Scotch thing was a joke but CBC wouldn't rate in the top dozen "Prestigious" schools. Even amongst the Mick schools, Rostrevor, Sacred Heart, St Ignatius and Loretto would be rated higher.

What would they think about an old Salisbury East High Scholar?

One thing is for sure, a higher proportion of kids in SA go to a private school than they do in WA.

Adelaide actually gives off the vibe as a university town with all the unis in the city and so many well kept private high schools near the CBD.

The Scotch thing was a joke but CBC wouldn't rate in the top dozen "Prestigious" schools. Even amongst the Mick schools, Rostrevor, Sacred Heart, St Ignatius and Loretto would be rated higher.

Yeah weird one to mention. I could think of 10 that would be above it easily.

Rostrevor and Loretto yeah for sure but I wouldn't put SH and St Ignatius above CBC. Around the same mark but I wouldn't say they're definitively better. I think in general a lot of private schools in Adelaide are overrated especially when private schools are designed to pump kids into universities and public schools here have more kids who get in and finish university degrees (per a Uni SA study).

What would they think about an old Salisbury East High Scholar?

Probably the same thing as a proud Windsor Gardens VC alumni.

Yeah weird one to mention. I could think of 10 that would be above it easily.

I was referring to schools that have boys in it. Including all girls schools then you're both right in that CBC isn't top-10 but in terms of schools that are all boys or co-ed then CBC doesn't rank too low. I know people who went there (and from different time periods) and they say that CBC is overrated as far as "prestigious" schools go but from the outside it does have a better image than most.

Rostrevor and Loretto yeah for sure but I wouldn't put SH and St Ignatius above CBC. Around the same mark but I wouldn't say they're definitively better. I think in general a lot of private schools in Adelaide are overrated especially when private schools are designed to pump kids into universities and public schools here have more kids who get in and finish university degrees (per a Uni SA study).

Probably the same thing as a proud Windsor Gardens VC alumni.

I was referring to schools that have boys in it. Including all girls schools then you're both right in that CBC isn't top-10 but in terms of schools that are all boys or co-ed then CBC doesn't rank too low. I know people who went there (and from different time periods) and they say that CBC is overrated as far as "prestigious" schools go but from the outside it does have a better image than most.

Not sure how old you are or where abouts you're from but most people would absolutely have SH and Igs very far ahead of CBC in terms of 'image'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back