Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only saw this photo a few times on the internet recently:

9D2KdXrjjtOmBWMVdua2oV_1NLO1P6I6Ei-AV-NPJgA.jpg

Endorsing political figures or commenting on specific policies is not what Slayer is about. I'm glad Kerry took the picture down - Tom was wrong to have put it up. That sort of thing puts out the wrong message about what the band represents. Their subject matter, whether it be war, gang violence, religious stuff is great because they're not telling you what to think. If I cared for metal guys giving political opinions then I might still listen to Megadeth.

Anyways, here's a classic I've been listening to lately:

Probably my fav. RC album. Great melodies, heavy and epic.

Big mixed bag of purchases recently here. On the weekend I grabbed from JB:

Sabaton - Swedish Empire Live
Sabaton - Heroes on Tour
Kreator - Gods of Violence

Then tonight when re-ording my pinched Mgla shirt I grabbed:

With Hearts Towards None, Groza, Mdlosci/Further Down the Nest and Presence/Power and Will

all on vinyl. A shame they didn't have the latest in stock or I would have just got the whole disco on vinyl. I have it all on CD anyway. Was doing some cleaning of our storage under the stairs where everything gets chucked and I dusted off my vinyl box. There is way too much good s**t in there just doing nothing and going to have to go get another turn table. Standouts in there are Sodom - Mortal Way of Live 2xLP, Destroyer 666 - To the Devil His Due, Grand Magus - Iron Will, and just some good stuff I haven't heard in yonks like Hate Forest, Burzum (best format for Hvis Lyset Tar Os) and Der Sturmer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect Knox to have new Overkill in tomorrow. Checked Bourke St tonight on the off hope. NFI why I did, they don't even have the new Kreator in there. Surely a city store should be run a bit better.

Was in the city yesterday and almost walked up from the Arts Centre to Bourke St on the off chance they had it. CBF in the heat....glad I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back