Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just meant for the Maiden fix. Whole album is good. Very melodic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one listen and I like it. Think Kreator can be a bit of a miss when melody is incorporated but this album seems good. Will listen again now on the home stereo. Thought Side by Side and Lion with Eagle Wings stood out.

There was no opposition, that's the ******* problem. It was the knee jerk from the rest of the band who cannot possess a shred of a sense of humour. 30+ years of songs about Satan, war and anti-Christianity but holy s**t don't mention Trump, a guy who was democratically elected, as we might offend some latte sipping hipster libtards. It's easy to be a tough guy making songs about make believe things but once it's about something real then it's these soft utensils that cut their nuts off and wear vaginas on their heads.

I'm not upset. In fact I'm quite refreshed that the everyday westerner has had a gutfull of that cultural Marxist bullshit. The only ones that are upset are the unwashed university students and minorities that are suddenly feeling oppressed and feel the need to march, cause violence and destruction in the way of some epic tantrum because they didn't get their own way. This is the everyone gets a medal generation. Kerry King is another story. He bangs on that he and the band don't endorse any side of politics yet he pulls down Tom's picture because it doesn't agree with his own views and he's afraid of what people might think.

The only ones that are upset are the unwashed university students and minorities that are suddenly feeling oppressed and feel the need to march, cause violence and destruction in the way of some epic tantrum because they didn't get their own way.

We see it here too unfortunately. It's the preferred way of 'the left' - has been for quite some time I'm afraid.

Why did Kerry even feel the need to post on the topic at all?

Why did Tom

I'm not upset. In fact I'm quite refreshed that the everyday westerner has had a gutfull of that cultural Marxist bullshit. The only ones that are upset are the unwashed university students and minorities that are suddenly feeling oppressed and feel the need to march, cause violence and destruction in the way of some epic tantrum because they didn't get their own way. This is the everyone gets a medal generation. Kerry King is another story. He bangs on that he and the band don't endorse any side of politics yet he pulls down Tom's picture because it doesn't agree with his own views and he's afraid of what people might think.
Pulling down a post because its political and saying you don't endorse any politics under the banner of the Slayer name is totally fine. What's wrong with that?

What's up with the big rant about "cultural marxism" and "epic tantrums" (lol how's that irony) I mean it's a tiny issue on Instagram. You're acting like the fabric of society is being torn apart because Kerry King deleted some lame s**t from Slayer's instagram.

King could have just removed the image, but he had to add his own two cents as well.

We see it here too unfortunately. It's the preferred way of 'the left' - has been for quite some time I'm afraid.

Maybe instead of putting vaginas in their heads and damaging property they should concentrate on endorsing better candidates than decrepit old communists and criminals hell bent on WW3. Trump, Farage and Brexit, Le Pen, Pauline Hanson, it's as much of an indictment of the lunatic left as it is the everyday person having enough of being force fed agendas.

I'm pretty sure he did just remove the image then Tom was publicly all like "why was the image removed" so Kerry clarified it publicly.

Gee you conservatives get your knickers in a knot over the weirdest s**t. Instantly launching into tangents about big picture conspiracies and s**t lol, just because a guy didn't endorse Trump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee you conservatives get your knickers in a knot over the weirdest s**t. Instantly launching into tangents about big picture conspiracies and s**t lol, just because a guy didn't endorse Trump.

I'm what the major parties covet - the true swinging voter. Have voted for the left and the right at both Federal and State level and will continue to do so although I've got a bit of a sour taste in my mouth with the increasing intolerance/hatred/division from the far left that's really been rubbing me the wrong way the last few years. It's a real shame.

Anyway, I don't support the Trump or Hanson-type view's on many, many issues but unlike some, I accept they exists and acknowledge/understand the reasons that they do. My major issue was why Kerry even felt he needed to make his attention seeking statements? Like he was going to get popularity points from the politically correct? Whether his action was in support or in condemnation of Trump doesn't overly concern me (he's only been in office for a week....). He's been sucked in...following the herd...

Last edited:
I'm what the major parties covet - the true swinging voter. Have voted for the left and the right at both Federal and State level and will continue to do so although I've got a bit of a sour taste in my mouth with the increasing intolerance/hatred/division from the far left that's really been rubbing me the wrong way the last few years. It's a real shame.

Anyway, I don't support the Trump or Hanson-type view's on many, many issues but unlike some, I accept they exists and acknowledge/understand the reasons that they do. My major issue was why Kerry even felt he needed to make his attention seeking statements? Like he was going to get popularity points from the politically correct? Whether his action was in support or in condemnation of Trump doesn't overly concern me (he's only been in office for a week....). He's been sucked in.

Purely a business decision on King's part. Much like athletes from major sports franchises are barred from making political commentary. I personally couldn't care less what celebs think, they generally don't vote based on economic policy like the majority do.

Anyway, I don't support the Trump or Hanson-type view's on many, many issues but unlike some, I accept they exists and acknowledge/understand the reasons that they do. My major issue was why Kerry even felt he needed to make his attention seeking statements? Like he was going to get popularity points from the politically correct? Whether his action was in support or in condemnation of Trump doesn't overly concern me. He's been sucked in.

Kerry's comments were basically just "we don't want anything political on the Slayer page", I don't think he even commented on Trump, though that article does mention he did do so last year.

Would not be a thing at all if Tom just posted it on his own page or whatever. Fair enough to me. If I was in a band with a large following I wouldn't want another member to endorse Trump under our banner because I find him repulsive.

Kerry's comments were basically just "we don't want anything political on the Slayer page", I don't think he even commented on Trump, though that article does mention he did do so last year.

Would not be a thing at all if Tom just posted it on his own page or whatever. Fair enough to me. If I was in a band with a large following I wouldn't want another member to endorse Trump under our banner because I find him repulsive.

Re Kerry & Tom...seems to me it's a case of the left hand not talking to the right...da boom tish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back