40. Josh Smith
41. Henry Schade*
43. Adam Oxley
44. Liam Mackie*
45. Max Lynch*
46. Mason Cox*
*Denotes rookie

Missing: Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Grundy, Wells, Reid
Going by this squad, you'd expect De Goey would be playing a fair bit in the middle. Was only a pre-season game, but I really liked what I saw from him against the Cats last year when he played the majority of the game in the guts. Assuming you would know more than I do, you reckon he will get more midfield time during the season this year?

Going by this squad, you'd expect De Goey would be playing a fair bit in the middle. Was only a pre-season game, but I really liked what I saw from him against the Cats last year when he played the majority of the game in the guts. Assuming you would know more than I do, you reckon he will get more midfield time during the season this year?
He will definitely play predominantly midfield this game and probably most of the JLT id say unless we have all our mids in.

I cant see him getting more midfield time than what he got last year, the midfield is pretty stacked. He will get a little bit of time as we are rotating but would just be to relieve someone. Will play mainly half forward with stints in the midfield i would say.

Long term however i definitely think he will get a spot in there in future years

thomascup.jpg

Haha they look so thrilled.

Is there any unusual concepts or formats for these games? or will they be a standard 4 quarters of football as per the normal season?

Apparently there is 8 allowed on the bench with unlimited interchange. And they are not enforcing the deliberate behind rule with a free kick, but a bounce in front of goals instead.

Does anyone know if rookie list players are allowed to play? Or just players on the main list?

Apparently there is 8 allowed on the bench with unlimited interchange. And they are not enforcing the deliberate behind rule with a free kick, but a bounce in front of goals instead.

Does anyone know if rookie list players are allowed to play? Or just players on the main list?
Given we've listed two rookie listed players and Collingwood have listed four I daresay they'll play.

Hawks squad named:

2 Jarryd Roughead
4 Billy Hartung
5 Ryan Burton
6 Josh Gibson
7 Ben McEvoy
8 Taylor Duryea
9 Shaun Burgoyne
10 Jaeger O’Meara
12 James Frawley
14 Grant Birchall
16 Isaac Smith
20 Dallas Willsmore
21 James Sicily
23 Tim O’Brien
24 Ben Stratton
25 Ryan Schoenmakers
26 Liam Shiels
27 Tyrone Vickery
28 Paul Puopolo
29 Will Langford
32 Jack Fitzpatrick
33 Cyril Rioli
34 Kurt Heatherley
36 Kieran Lovell
37 Blake Hardwick
40 Kade Stewart
42 Teia Miles
43 Marc Pittonet
46 James Cousins

Missing from squad

Regular Seniors: Tom Mitchell, Breandan Whitecross, Luke Hodge, Jack Gunston, Luke Bruest,
Fringe: Jono O'Rourke, Daniel Howe, Kaiden Brand, Ricky Henderson
Newbies: Harry Morrison, Luke Surman, Mitchell Lewis, Oliver Hanrahan, Conor Nash, Conor Glass
Inj: Jonothan Ceglar

Level 3 at Etihad closed tomorrow night so either expecting a poor crowd or the AFL trying to gouge members to upgrade to a reserve seat

Richmond doesn't play until next week, and as we know that without Richmond, any supposed competition is meaningless, this is clearly just the pre pre season, clearly designed to get some of the less important clubs matches out of the way without risking them overshadowing the AFLW.

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond doesn't play until next week, and as we know that without Richmond, any supposed competition is meaningless, this is clearly just the pre pre season, clearly designed to get some of the less important clubs matches out of the way without risking them overshadowing the AFLW.

;)
hoping we can get through at least half time before Dimma asks for the whole match to be shitcanned

Hey, real footy is back! None of this one goal to two during the second quarter bullshit
Sure, except that in WC's first game of 'real footy' last year it was one goal to 10 during the second quarter...

As expected, a fresh, youthful squad from us. Exciting that 4 of our 2014 class have been named considering our 3 picks from that ND have had serious injuries in their 2 years on the list thus far:

NORTH MELBOURNE
2. Marley Williams, 4. Shaun Higgins, 6. Lachlan Hansen, 7. Jack Ziebell, 8. Nathan Hrovat, 9. Andrew Swallow, 10. Ben Cunnington, 11. Luke McDonald, 12. Lindsay Thomas, 13. Ryan Clarke, 14. Trent Dumont, 18. Shaun Atley, 23. Ben McKay, 24. Sam Durdin, 28. Kayne Turner, 30. Jarrad Waite, 31. Braydon Preuss, 32. Mason Wood, 33. Ed Vickers-Willis, 34. Jamie Macmillan, 35. Declan Watson, 37. Will Fordham, 39. Mitch Hibberd, 40. Nick Larkey, 41. Corey Wagner, 42. Declan Mountford, 43. Sam Gibson, 44. Cameron Zurhaar, 46. Matthew Taylor

Notable absentees: Scott Thompson, Sam Wright, Todd Goldstein, Robbie Tarrant, Majak Daw, Ben Brown

WESTERN BULLDOGS
2. Robert Murphy, 5. Matthew Boyd, 6. Luke Dahlhaus, 7. Lachlan Hunter, 8. Stewart Crameri, 9. Jake Stringer, 11. Jackson Macrae, 12. Zaine Cordy, 13. Travis Cloke, 15. Tom Campbell, 16. Toby Mclean, 17. Tom Boyd, 18. Fletcher Roberts, 19. Lukas Webb, 20. Josh Dunkley, 21. Tom Liberatore, 22. Mitch Honeychurch, 23. Jordan Roughead, 24. Shane Biggs, 25. Marcus Adams, 26. Declan Hamilton, 31. Bailey Dale, 32. Kieran Collins, 35. Caleb Daniel, 36. Brad Lynch, 38. Dale Morris, 39. Jason Johannisen, 44. Tim English, 46. Lin Jong

Absent: Suckling, Wallis, Bontempelli, Wood, Clay Smith, Lipinski, Prudden, Dickson, Greene, Young, Williams, Roarke Smith, Mullenger-McHugh, Picken, Redpath, Tweedie

Rough team attempt:
FB: Biggs Adams Morris
HB: Johannisen Cordy Boyd
C: Macrae Jong Hunter
HF: Crameri Cloke Stringer
FF: McLean Boyd Dunkley

R: Roughead Liberatore Dahlhaus

I: Murphy Daniel Roberts Webb
Dale Honeychurch Campbell Hamilton/Lynch

EMG: English Collins Lynch/Hamilton

Good to have footy back.

Hopefully all clubs get through the JLT series with a relatively clean bill of health and can put strong sides out in R1 of the official season.

Tonight I'm most interested in how the Bombers go. Rejuvenated team and will be a competitive game hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back