Training Pre-season Training 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 337607
Well, Narrandera is certainly getting into the spirit, which is good to see. Cute little town, but I couldn't help but get worked up on the drive here as to why in the absolute f*** they would send The West Coast Eagles out here. I'm loving that I can catch a game but FMD, bit rough on our boys.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Pretty ludicrous to send any team 600km from the states capital to play an elite sport, let alone a team located 4000km away. One wonders....

Pretty ludicrous to send any team 600km from the states capital to play an elite sport, let alone a team located 4000km away. One wonders....
I can see the AFL's strategy, and I fully support it. Country/Rural areas are starved of sport at this level and it's a great opportunity to bring the AFL show to town in an attempt to get a foothold in an area that is not only part of the recruiting zone for one of its teams but also has a strong NRL following.

You can see how much this game means to this area. They've gone to some considerable effort to get the town 'ready' for this game and the influx of people it is expected to bring with it. The whole town is excited about it, and good on them. This is exactly what the AFL wants.

As for logistics, it's an an hour and a half from the nearest airport and I don't think that's too much of a bus ride to expect for the benefit of a community. It's the other motherf****** 4-6 hours, the travelling through 3 timezones and 3000+ kilometres that I have the issue with.

As Simmo said, there are 16 other teams that are closer to Narrandera than the team that is already going to be doing 57,000km in the regular season. I mean FFS.

What am I missing in regards to Collingwood always being amongst the least, if not the least traveled team every year?

MCG blockbusters bring more revenue? That it?
eddie-mcguire-01.jpg

Hilarious because any reasonable Collingwood supporter (i know they are rare) just puts their hands up and agrees that its not fair.

The ****s say its what happens when you have a state side and wanna be apart of the VFL

I can see the AFL's strategy, and I fully support it. Country/Rural areas are starved of sport at this level and it's a great opportunity to bring the AFL show to town in an attempt to get a foothold in an area that is not only part of the recruiting zone for one of its teams but also has a strong NRL following.

You can see how much this game means to this area. They've gone to some considerable effort to get the town 'ready' for this game and the influx of people it is expected to bring with it. The whole town is excited about it, and good on them. This is exactly what the AFL wants.

As for logistics, it's an an hour and a half from the nearest airport and I don't think that's too much of a bus ride to expect for the benefit of a community. It's the other motherf****** 4-6 hours, the travelling through 3 timezones and 3000+ kilometres that I have the issue with.

As Simmo said, there are 16 other teams that are closer to Narrandera than the team that is already going to be doing 57,000km in the regular season. I mean FFS.

Simple fix, three games and every team plays one a min of 2000km away and two close to home. Am I dreaming?

Tom Cole's gone under the radar this preseason how has he been tracking, could he break into the 22?

Simple fix, three games and every team plays one a min of 2000km away and two close to home. Am I dreaming?
I think there's more chance of Marsden laying a crunching tackle on Bontempelli and then kicking a clutch goal from greater than 30m out to win us the 2018 premiership than this happening.

75% of the team going will play wafl most of the season , they will not feel the burden of the travel during the season . Its a great bonding and learning experience for them .

I have no problem with it .

Guys like sheed Shep yeo barrass will be the future leaders of our club so it makes sense to me to have them lead and bond with our next generation to come through

Come now.

There's a glint in Simmos eye that seems different this season.

I'm happy to go out on a limb and we'll see a different story at selection 2017.

I really hope you are right and I think you are.

That capitulation in the final last season I think has really p!ssed Simo off and he lost a bit of respect and patience with a lot of players from that performance.

In 2017 we will hopefully retain a fit list and have much more depth apart from the rucks but who knows late season.

Last year we got very little out of Sheed, Duggan, Redden, Jetta and MacKenzie. These are very good players when fully fit and in form, best 22 no arguments.

Then we've picked up Vardy, Mitchell and Petrie who are mature age recruits.

Then we have the young crop getting better.

The pressure is building nicely.:thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely an odd time

The players that didn't go to NSW trained at Leedy on Friday so the location isn't a surprise since subi is unavailable

I should be able to make it down

Five weeks today until our Round 1 match against North so the pressure for spots is going to heat up massively with only 2 practice matches left to earn a spot in the starting line up

East Perth's preseason also kicks off on Saturday so everyone not carrying an injury should be playing this weekend

What am I missing in regards to Collingwood always being amongst the least, if not the least traveled team every year?

MCG blockbusters bring more revenue? That it?

1. Geography. They are in Melbourne which is where most teams are.

2. Melb teams want to play collingwood away so they don't go broke.

Travelling isn't so bad. Teams that don't, generally struggle. So we can't have it both ways.

Also in Melb, no real home ground advantage. Nothing like what we have.

So in end, all evens out. Travelling is mostly
Mental, not physical. If physical at all.

People should focus on each game and not what advantages other teams have. Especially when u ignore advantages your own team has.

Definitely an odd time

The players that didn't go to NSW trained at Leedy on Friday so the location isn't a surprise since subi is unavailable

I should be able to make it down
I might grab a bacon and egg white bread sandwich with tomato sauce and get down for a look!

Last edited:
Theres a new joint in Leedy called The Red Den that sells a ripper. Stop in there, right near the oval
Sounds like a load of Bull

Last edited:
1. Geography. They are in Melbourne which is where most teams are.

2. Melb teams want to play collingwood away so they don't go broke.

Travelling isn't so bad. Teams that don't, generally struggle. So we can't have it both ways.

Also in Melb, no real home ground advantage. Nothing like what we have.

So in end, all evens out. Travelling is mostly
Mental, not physical. If physical at all.

People should focus on each game and not what advantages other teams have. Especially when u ignore advantages your own team has.
The main disadvantage of travel is if any players should be carrying a niggle or two, spending every second week on a return flight doesn't help their cause, from what I've been led to believe? Also can shorten their careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back