Game Day West Coast v Port Adelaide Preseason Training Drill @ Lathlain 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People getting very defensive when someone points out that Culley actually probably isn't the second coming of Judd.

He isn't quick and isn't particularly agile with high tackle numbers (which suggests he is often second to the ball). That doesn't mean he won't be a nice defensive mid.

Hewett is the second coming of Judd. Get with the program

Never said he won't be a good AFL player.

Squashface nailed it earlier. He's a very reactive player, and unfortunately all the pre seasons in the world probably won't do much for his pace and agility.

Those the facts. Doesn't mean I'm not rooting for him or think he can be a good player, but my point about him having one gear stands.

So did Priddis, Redden, Gaff, Bock etc, so being slow is hardly a death sentence on your career :shrug:

People get so offended about any sort of criticism unless the players been around 4 years. Brayden was bad day 1 but you're a campaigner if you pointed it out until year 4 when everyone else is allowed to join in apparently.
Valid criticism is tolerable. Culley isn't slow certainly not as slow as Patrick Cripps.

You get the point.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Dark Sharks I was going to ask if you're getting much sleep after the arrival of your young'un but I think I know the answer. 😄

Watching Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

Dark Sharks I was going to ask if you're getting much sleep after the arrival of your young'un but I think I know the answer. 😄

Watching Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

I got absolutely no sleep last night, I'm 8 coffees deep and looking for any reason to fight Keyser outside RAC arena now that UFC has finished.

I got absolutely no sleep last night, I'm 8 coffees deep and looking for any reason to fight Keyser outside RAC arena now that UFC has finished.

Gate 3

People getting very defensive when someone points out that Culley actually probably isn't the second coming of Judd.

He isn't quick and isn't particularly agile with high tackle numbers (which suggests he is often second to the ball). That doesn't mean he won't be a nice defensive mid.
Sure, but most of the same people having a crack at Culley after half a preseason game were both celebrating his drafting in the mid-season draft as if he were a #1 ND selection and also raving about his 3 AFL performances last year.

We know what he can do at AFL level, and a great preseason is expected to improve that.

But we also know what he can't do, and for a most part a great preseason won't change that at all (I.e. he is never going to be quick or super agile... he never was and never will be).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow, can’t believe a guy who got overlooked in the 2021 draft, drafted in the mid season draft has already become so divisive as a 20 year and 1 day old. Already has more late behind the play raised elbows than the rest of our playing group put together. Teaching the others some mongrel, seems like a win for a mid season draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear that mate.

It gets better.

And don't fight Keys. That guy fights dirty
My Daughter had issues for years, I now suffer from chronic insomnia and I've never been able to recover my circadian rhythm. (medically diagnosed) Tried everything.
My Son is the complete opposite. (I freaked out when I found out my Wife was pregnant again due to what happened the first time)

I can sort of manage it and get by but when I have big meetings, it makes it VERY hard.

Regardless, they're the best thing to ever happen, love them to pieces and would do anything for them.

Don't worry DS - I'm the exception rather than the rule mate.

There was a few quicker ones from defense actually. I remember McGovern intercepting and playing on quickly in front of the mark at the other end. Think he gave it to Gaff who turned it over soon after or something from memory, it came back pretty quick.

More than we usually do? Unsure. Still remains to be seen, wasn't really a huge amount of slingshot footy from us IMO, Port on the other hand caught us out a lot.

Wow, can’t believe a guy who got overlooked in the 2021 draft, drafted in the mid season draft has already become so divisive as a 20 year and 1 day old. Already has more late behind the play raised elbows than the rest of our playing group put together. Teaching the others some mongrel, seems like a win for a mid season draft pick.
The Kelly push in the back has turned the fans.

My Daughter had issues for years, I now suffer from chronic insomnia and I've never been able to recover my circadian rhythm. (medically diagnosed) Tried everything.
I've heard that you drank your own urine for a week but it didn't help because you're sterile.

My Son is the complete opposite. (I freaked out when I found out my Wife was pregnant again due to what happened the first time)

I can sort of manage it and get by but when I have big meetings, it makes it VERY hard.

Regardless, they're the best thing to ever happen, love them to pieces and would do anything for them.

Don't worry DS - I'm the exception rather than the rule mate.

Opposite here. Son with ADHD who still somehow sleeps like a king, daughter was born next and is a far worse sleeper. She's almost 18 months now and improving when not going through a leap/teething/ill but I reckon from talking to others that girls just don't sleep as well, but also appear to function a bit higher and pick things up really fast.

Have you tried melatonin?

Opposite here. Son with ADHD who still somehow sleeps like a king, daughter was born next and is a far worse sleeper. She's almost 18 months now and improving when not going through a leap/teething/ill but I reckon from talking to others that girls just don't sleep as well, but also appear to function a bit higher and pick things up really fast.

Have you tried melatonin?

Bullshit. Source. 2 of each of the little bastards.

If you haven't aleady have a read of "Save Our Sleep" by Tizzie Hall. Got both our kids onto it and they were 12 hour sleepers after 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back