Mod. Notice Call for a new Moderator

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few decent candidates but REH (if he wants the job) is by far the best nomination. He is very well respected and researched in his posts and unlike many of us posts mainly Port football related stuff rather than being stuck in the random thoughts thread just for like bait which some of the candidates are.

Vote 1 REH

You know it makes sense

View attachment 341458

REH would be great, I agree, but Mods need to be in all threads and the Shitizens on Patrol thread is likely to require more moderation than anywhere else so your logic is flawed in that regard.

I'd give it a bash. In terms of an incentive to get less passionately involved in political discussions, it'd probably be good for my health too. :p

Thanks for the nom PeacefulWarrior

REH would be great, I agree, but Mods need to be in all threads and the Shitizens on Patrol thread is likely to require more moderation than anywhere else so your logic is flawed in that regard.

A mod also needs to be able to admit when they might be wrong and have a bit of self deprecation. Hence my nomination of Dylan8.

Totally understand your logic there which is fair enough but also believe that if you bring in a mod to an area like that who doesn't heavily post there they will have less allegiances and pre-conceived ideas thus would be able to to the job with a reduced chance of bias.
The more football related threads don't really have that issue as acceptance of opinion (other than Butcher) are more readily accepted.

This is like bait JBC.
jim-morrison-fishing-bahamas-lawyer-max-fink-miami-1970.jpg

Totally understand your logic there which is fair enough but also believe that if you bring in a mod to an area like that who doesn't heavily post there they will have less allegiances and pre-conceived ideas thus would be able to to the job with a reduced chance of bias.
The more football related threads don't really have that issue as acceptance of opinion (other than Butcher) are more readily accepted.

A s**t post is a s**t post no matter who the moderator. I don't see your "bias" issue.

Dylan8? Raman?

The 2 main guys who insult and condescend anyone who remotely disagrees with them.

Oh I see what's going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to step in and provide moderation from a neutral perspective.
Your unique blend of FIFO leadership and FIFO list management isn't required on the Port Board just at the minute. A couple more years of what we've had in the last two seasons and that might change though. :)

Well if I did somehow get up relations between the Port Board and the rest of the league would certainly be improved. :D

#teardownthatwall
where do i vote?

Is there actually a need for another mod? I mean, it's not like rick actually did anything outside of his initial flurry of infractions.

I think the issue that happened with Portia shows the need for another one.

A mod also needs to be able to admit when they might be wrong and have a bit of self deprecation. Hence my nomination of Dylan8.

See, I think a mod shouldn't ever need to admit that because that would mean they didn't talk to people first before giving them an infraction. A good moderator should be respected for being a good moderator - let people play, pull them into line and say "Ease up turbo" if they do something out of character, infract them if it happens again (or if a few minor things happen that are of the same magnitude), and then a red card if behaviour still hasn't been corrected.

Of course, there are some issues that should be straight red no matter what.

Pierluigi Collina wasn't a great referee because all the players liked him. He was a great referee because he respected the players and, in turn, they respected him - they might not have agreed with his opinion, but they respected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back