Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a bit of a speculative pick then. He better learn the intricacies and develop some game sense otherwise it'll be another first round blunder by us. Others taken later are showing athleticism and game sense already!
I think Ross's answer has been taken way beyond its intended meaning. Logue showed plenty in the WAFL and he looks every bit a footballer in the match sims I've seen at training.

I think Ross's answer has been taken way beyond its intended meaning. Logue showed plenty in the WAFL and he looks every bit a footballer in the match sims I've seen at training.

I hope so E, he looked a footballer to me last year also. It sounds very much like Ross's stupid "I'm not seduced by talent" mantra though.

I hope so E, he looked a footballer to me last year also. It sounds very much like Ross's stupid "I'm not seduced by talent" mantra though.
He seems to like having a whack at the younger guys at times, he said similar things about Weller and Blakely referring to their need to pay their dues and learn the habits of professional footballers. He's obviously an ok development coach as evidenced by how some of the young ones are coming on but I worry that he beats a bit too much of the flair out them. I think a bit of youthful enthusiasm can do wonders for team morale. Sill the joy of Langdon, Weller etc when Ed kicked the goal yesterday and how Ed talked about having a bit of fun out there suggests they are doing ok.

He seems to like having a whack at the younger guys at times, he said similar things about Weller and Blakely referring to their need to pay their dues and learn the habits of professional footballers. He's obviously an ok development coach as evidenced by how some of the young ones are coming on but I worry that he beats a bit too much of the flair out them. I think a bit of youthful enthusiasm can do wonders for team morale. Sill the joy of Langdon, Weller etc when Ed kicked the goal yesterday and how Ed talked about having a bit of fun out there suggests they are doing ok.
I think he is taking the pressure off them. Hate to see Logue come in and be ordinary. Better to debut when he is ready to play well.

He seems to like having a whack at the younger guys at times, he said similar things about Weller and Blakely referring to their need to pay their dues and learn the habits of professional footballers.

I was speaking to an ex-player last year about what it was like to play under Lyon and one of the things he said was it takes a long time to earn Ross' trust initially.

Lol

114350a1d0c7e40cfec8baafb440ddec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen Hill plays for the Eagles - Another classic from Herald Sun

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ha...s/news-story/d17ea84057ee2d99dacb985f08414148

Former Melbourne champ Gary Lyon noted how much better Mitchell will make his new teammates.
“His hands are extraordinary,” Lyon said.
“Guys like (Stephen) Hill, (Elliott) Yeo and (Chris) Masten, they’re the ones who are going to be the beneficiaries. The strength in the midfield goes up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy any papers but went and paid a visit to my dear old Mum and Dad today, who still buy the Worst every day and also the Sunday Times. I couldn't believe it when they pointed out to me how much space the Freo woman's team got after their wonderful win on Friday.

1 tiny paragraph in the Sat Worst and nothing in the Slimes. No photo's, no headlines, just roughly 40 words tacked on the end of one of our articles!

Forgive me for being cynical but I wonder if the WA team was West Coast whether it would've been the same?

I don't buy any papers but went and paid a visit to my dear old Mum and Dad today, who still buy the Worst every day and also the Sunday Times. I couldn't believe it when they pointed out to me how much space the Freo woman's team got after their wonderful win on Friday.

1 tiny paragraph in the Sat Worst and nothing in the Slimes. No photo's, no headlines, just roughly 40 words tacked on the end of one of our articles!

Forgive me for being cynical but I wonder if the WA team was West Coast whether it would've been the same?
They might have got about 50 words. In all the other states the girls get coverage. Heaps of stories and a reasonable amount of coverage. Women's football in WA gets nothing. While the being Freo argument is interesting take a look at this.

IMG_20170313_102405.jpg

The Hun gives the women a lot of coverage. Since the start the West has been pathetic. No support at all, although that is systemic of the general view if women's football in WA

They had the WAWFL season launch last Friday at half time of women's game. There was no media there.

Attachments

• IMG_20170313_102405.jpg
    IMG_20170313_102405.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 2
So i thought i'd have a look at the wests coverage of womens sport. As i wouldn't actually pay for it i opened up the sports section on the net. On the front sports page there were 63 stories. 3 related to women. Two female tennis stories and one on Women's Basketball in Albany (linking to the local paper). I never realised gender discrimination in sport was this bad.

this time last yr remember when brad johnson said freo will finish in the bottom half of the ladder and everyone lost their minds lol

Was surprised how negative he was towards Freo and Lyon.
I thought he was very restrained considering. Was treated like s**t really. Made to play a half forward when he's one of the best accumulators in the game, dropped to the WAFL, comes back and plays top line footy, gets injured and see you later.
Watch him get 30+ every week and kick opportunist goals all year.
Lyon is so stubborn and seemingly blind when it comes to certain players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back