Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made fun of it with an earlier post in this thread, but i genuinely have no issue with it. it's just some pedestrian lights.

I think it is a bit "alternative medicine" in that people might think it is real action.

Otherwise I applaud a bit of quirkiness and as far as waste of public money goes, this is very minor.

Also I think I am obliged to say that it is fun to see the frothing, melting, and tantrums thrown over it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it is a bit "alternative medicine" in that people might think it is real action.

Otherwise I applaud a bit of quirkiness and as far as waste of public money goes, this is very minor.

Also I think I am obliged to say that it is fun to see the frothing, melting, and tantrums thrown over it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree, I'm surprised that anyone really cares about it. It's so minor and changes nothing in our lives.
To counter the implicit point that the left promote meaningless symbolism, I point to the anguished crocodile tears shed on anzac day.
Anzac day is a pretty stupid day and I don't think we need a day to commemorate (at least today's soldiers) people that choose a military career. Let's be honest, nobody chooses to go to the army out of a sense of duty. It's purely a career choice.

Equating the little symbols in traffic lights to ANZAC Day? That makes perfect sense.. Hahaha..

I am glad you found something else for "us" to be ashamed of. That must make you very happy.

LOATHE THYSELF PEOPLE. LOATHE THYSELF*

*if you are "white", straight and especially male.

Equating the little symbols in traffic lights to ANZAC Day? That makes perfect sense.. Hahaha..

I am glad you found something else for "us" to be ashamed of. That must make you very happy.

LOATHE THYSELF PEOPLE. LOATHE THYSELF*

*if you are "white", straight and especially male.
You missed the point. anzac day is nothing more than a symbolic thing. It's been drained of all meaning. At least the traffic lights had a positive message.

And why did you shoehorn your persecution complex in there? Are you confirming anzac is day a straight, white male thing?

You missed the point. anzac day is nothing more than a symbolic thing. It's been drained of all meaning. At least the traffic lights had a positive message. Are you confirming Anzac day is a straight, white male thing?

Given Australia & NZ's populations comprised entirely white Northern Europeans (other than their indigenous peoples) prior to both Wars. Then how could it be otherwise?

I'm not sure that taking on an Aussie sacred cow can end well.

I'm not sure that taking on an Aussie sacred cow can end well.
What you will find is that every year KV and others will start bitching about ANZAC Day
What really upsets them that at one stage they had thought ANZAC Day was going to be a thing of the past
Attendance was down,less and less people gave a thought about it.
Then some evil old man made it popular again.

Wait for the yearly threads telling us that ANZAC Day is racist,xenophobic,sexist etc

What you will find is that every year KV and others will start bitching about ANZAC Day
What really upsets them that at one stage they had thought ANZAC Day was going to be a thing of the past
Attendance was down,less and less people gave a thought about it.
Then some evil old man made it popular again.

Wait for the yearly threads telling us that ANZAC Day is racist,xenophobic,sexist etc
WWII was just, and righteous, my beef with it is that we're commemorating a really stupid, and pointless war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking about it as a contemporary symbolic thing.

An Anzac day shrine/memorial usually takes center-place in every Aussie town....It's pretty well our shared heritage.

The lessons of war & our values/democracy for which they paid the ultimate sacrifice....Even if they were just pawns in a rich-man's game & cannon-fodder for the most-part; they were still someone's Son/Father/Husband....War is always symbolic of being fair-dinkum....Lest We Forget.

An Anzac day shrine/memorial usually takes center-place in every Aussie town....It's pretty well our shared heritage.

The lessons of war & our values/democracy for which they paid the ultimate sacrifice....Even if they were just pawns in a rich-man's game & cannon-fodder for the most-part; they were still someone's Son/Father/Husband....War is always symbolic of being fair-dinkum....Lest We Forget.
My lot missed 14-18 on account of being too young, or too old. We copped it next time round though.

Every life lost in war is a tragedy; every person they killed is a tragedy.

But let's not ascribe some meaning to that tragedy.

Every life lost in war is a tragedy; every person they killed is a tragedy.

But let's not ascribe some meaning to that tragedy.

Well....The shared meaning the ANZAC's have come to symbolize is heroism in the face of certain death....I reckon that's pretty meaningful.

Even if they only imagined they were sacrificing their lives for the freedom & values of their kin....That is something worth dying for.

To give up the one gift of life God grants us, willingly for a cause, is pregnant with meaning.

You missed the point. anzac day is nothing more than a symbolic thing. It's been drained of all meaning. At least the traffic lights had a positive message.

And why did you shoehorn your persecution complex in there? Are you confirming anzac is day a straight, white male thing?

So basically you don't like ANZAC day because its a symbolic straight white male thing (apparently you want me to confirm this?).

My point was that your politics has a starting point of demonising pretty much everything straight, white and male.

Yeah.. sounds like I completely missed the point. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the strategy of trying to win arguments by simply labelling anyone who disagrees as racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic died last year. People have called you out and they frankly dont give a crap.

Which means you'll need to stop being so lazy.

So basically you don't like ANZAC day because its a symbolic straight white male thing (apparently you want me to confirm this?).

My point was that your politics has a starting point of demonising pretty much everything straight, white and male.

Yeah.. sounds like I completely missed the point. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the strategy of trying to win arguments by simply labelling anyone who disagrees as racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic died last year. People have called you out and they frankly dont give a crap.

Which means you'll need to stop being so lazy.

No, you want me to say I don't like it because it's a straight white male thing. I havent said this. You want others to feed into your persecution complex.

I stated pretty clearly that anzac day has turned into a jingoistic orgy for flag wavers. It should be about the futility of war and the need to move past imperialism, but it clearly hasn't.

No, you want me to say I don't like it because it's a straight white male thing. I havent said this. You want others to feed into your persecution complex.

I stated pretty clearly that anzac day has turned into a jingoistic orgy for flag wavers. It should be about the futility of war and the need to move past imperialism, but it clearly hasn't.
Have you thought about the futility of your posting?

I've always taken it as a message to not forget that people died for the freedoms we have today, and that war should be avoided as much as possible due to the cost of human life. Why would anyone have anything against Anzac Day? Who cares if a few flag wavers take it for something else. For the most part most people take it the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back