Review Freo defeat Dees by 2 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that was ridiculous. As if he'd deliberately try kick it out instead of through the goals.

He couldn't really have a shot on goal at the angle and distance he was on. He kicked for touch because a throw in is better than kicking a point and giving Melbourne possession. I thought the deliberate call was there, but it wouldn't have been deliberate if we had anyone at all in the forward line to kick it to.

As a slight negative, how the **** was Kersten's kick into the 50 in the last 90 seconds deliberate out of bounds?
Just another terrible umpiring decision... There were so many that went against us like that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Logue is way faster than Tabs if the rest of their game is considered equal
Would love logue to stay but you saw when he went forward he didn't really do enough. Having tabener down there would be just as good and could use tabener in ruck too

Showed some nerve to come back not once - but twice

Thought we were gone at half time

Then again with a couple minutes to go

Happy to get the 4 points - better teams would have put us to the sword, however

If we're beating teams that are touted as finals contenders this far into our rebuild and staying competitive against the front runners, I will be happy as Larry.

Still some shite decisions being made at d50, but hopefully that gets better as the year progresses.

Would love logue to stay but you saw when he went forward he didn't really do enough. Having tabener down there would be just as good and could use tabener in ruck too

He was ignored a few times, though. Thought he gave good pressure and was physical. The thing with Logue is that he can be swung both ways depending on what's needed. Not sure Tabs is much chop as a defender.

A lot to like- other than Stevie H being sus for next week should go unchanged. late second Q and the third Q showed that if we drop our intensity(second Q) we get pantsed easily. But when were are on song (third Q) were are very difficult to stop.

You can see the benefit of playing 4 finals game last year for Peel is having on Hughes, Balic, Langdon & Blakely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another terrible umpiring decision... There were so many that went against us like that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just watched on the reply last 2 minutes and that is an absolutely ridiculous call and lucky it didn't cost us the game. Kersten is about 80m from goal kicks a snap that dribbles to the line and misses the behinds by 1-2 metres. As if he can control the kick so well from that distance. If he could - wouldn't he just kick the goal instead?

What a game.

I think my mood kinda reflected the game.

Went absolutely berserk on the umpires especially umpire #24 who had a problem with Freo most of the day.

Third quarter was epic but the last quarter.....part of me expected a defeat but the fact that we got up is a credit to the heart and determination of the players.

I thought we were cooked and I didn't like 16 players behind the ball trying to save the game but I was very much wrong with that thought.

A win for guts!

A win for determination!

A win that sets up our season nicely!

We do lack the polish of most but our endeavour is getting us through games.

I had a whole lot of insightful observations from the game today but the adrenaline washed them away! Such a good win. I get the feeling that in time we'll look back on today as a pivotal one for the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How about that kid Brad Hill. :D

It's funny how when he played for you guys I always thought he was a competent winger nothing more. When he made it clear he was coming home your mod Abasi explained in detail the benefits he brings with his gut running ability to burn opposition players into the ground.

He suggested watching his game from the mid tier and not ground level, where you can appreciate how much ground he covers, especially at 45 deg from defence into the forward half.

It's fair to say he hasn't disappointed :thumbsu:

B Hill straight swap for C Mayne :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back