List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are Right. I am very Confident he is going no where but just can't 100% Commit to him Sure not Going No Where. Don't know why

Stop worrying about it Dave. We've got enough to worry about this season without dwelling on Grundy. The club needs to sort a few things out, and Grundy's contract will fall in line. Saying that, he's an absolute priority and all at CFC would know that.

Think our biggest weaknesses are our kpp and outside mids.

Trade in Lever
S.Reid as a FA
Use 1st Pick on Key Forward or trade 1st pick for young Key forward ala Schache, Hipwood etc.

Those 3 would sort our KPP out I believe.

How do you plan to trade Lever in and keep our first pick?

Sam Reid in Sydney. Would that club's poor form and bleak outlook help turn his attentions elsewhere, to somewhere like the Holden Centre?

Then again, we also have poor form and a bleak-ish outlook. Difference is, I think ours can be turned around (which may involve a change of coach), whereas the Swans have that 'end of an era' look about them.

Schade might be our best recruit from last off season. Hopefully we do a better job at the end of this season!
Neck and neck with WHE at this point.

Ooh yeah forgot him! Late night
I'm actually not to unhappy with our incoming trades from last year so far. Mayne aside, if Schade and WHE maintain form and Wells remains fit I think we will regard the 2016 trade period a success.
I'd like to see Dunn get a run in the seniors too, I think he could add something either in defence or as a 3rd tall/defensive forward given he's played both those roles before.

Schade might be our best recruit from last off season. Hopefully we do a better job at the end of this season!

I think WHE has him covered by Schade at the moment be our 2nd Best

Think our biggest weaknesses are our kpp and outside mids.

Trade in Lever
S.Reid as a FA
Use 1st Pick on Key Forward or trade 1st pick for young Key forward ala Schache, Hipwood etc.

Those 3 would sort our KPP out I believe.

Reid is the only real chance I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy is probably just waiting for the details of the new CBA before sigining anything. Why sign now if in a few months more money might become available?

and Playing Career Best Football will drive his Price Up

The more I think about Keeffe getting picked so high in the rookie draft and then getting upgraded before doing anything, the more it potentially doesn't make sense.

Unless we've already done a deal with Brisbane?

Maybe we needed to make sure he was on our senior list but didn't want to leave it up to form to make him earn it now or later on?

So on that theory... can we trade Keeffe and our first round pick this year or next year (depending on pick number and how they rate next year's draft) for Schache or the likes? ;)

Michael Talia is on the outer at Sydney, he is only on their list for looks after his misdemeanour, to be cut at the end of the year, would he be a fit down back or someone we could have on our list if we can get him cheap?

Hope you are Right. I am very Confident he is going no where but just can't 100% Commit to him Sure not Going No Where. Don't know why

No word of a lie I walked past Brodie Grundy, on Swanston St last night at around 11.30pm. He was walking alone and definitely appeared to be going somewhere! Possibly home.

My wife and I had just been to watch Aladdin at Her Majesty's Theatre.

Brodie paused very briefly to shake my hand and accept my congratulations on him being a great human.

I could sense his reluctance to discuss his contract negotiations so I didn't raise the issue, then watched in awe as he disappeared into the crowd. It's moments like these when my wife looks at me and thinks aloud "who did I marry"?

The more I think about Keeffe getting picked so high in the rookie draft and then getting upgraded before doing anything, the more it potentially doesn't make sense.

Unless we've already done a deal with Brisbane?

Maybe we needed to make sure he was on our senior list but didn't want to leave it up to form to make him earn it now or later on?

So on that theory... can we trade Keeffe and our first round pick this year or next year (depending on pick number and how they rate next year's draft) for Schache or the likes? ;)
We didn't need to upgrade Keeffe to trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back