Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis Boak spoke about the match, what it means to himself and the club, and what it took to make it reality.

Tom Lynch mumbled about rainforests, or something.
Was Tom Lynch the koala wearing the GCS's guernsey?

Travis Boak spoke about the match, what it means to himself and the club, and what it took to make it reality.

Tom Lynch mumbled about rainforests, or something.

In fairness to Tom Lynch he'd just awoken from three weeks in cryostasis and had a mouthful of sand.

Question to anyone that knows - is this game getting any publicity in china itself ? Are there any articles or news clippings anyone has found etc ?

I mean is this something that is likely to be picked up by international media - a bit like when the NFL match was first played in the UK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The smog is so thick that it acts as a sound deadening device, interviews are impossible in these conditions as no sound can be created.
Due to this, an innovative protective cone with breathing apparatus was constructed just for the purpose of conducting player interviews.

#smogstorm

I haven't been a fan of this weekend from the beginning. Ive made it known to mates and this board. Ive always wanted my club first and wasn't sure if this was a good idea.

Well now I'm catching the late wave. I'm excited. A work mate of mine is over there and his photo popped up on channel 9 news wearing Port gear on the Great Wall Of China. I'm warming. Mainly because the club is bigger than the individual. And lots of individuals have put in some massive work for my club to put them up there.

Thankyou guys for your work. Thankyou LR. Im pumped!!!!!!! Thankyou fellow supporters for travelling and supporting the most beautiful club in the world.

Bring the four points boys.
PB.

I haven't been a fan of this weekend from the beginning. Ive made it known to mates and this board. Ive always wanted my club first and wasn't sure if this was a good idea.

Well now I'm catching the late wave. I'm excited. A work mate of mine is over there and his photo popped up on channel 9 news wearing Port gear on the Great Wall Of China. I'm warming. Mainly because the club is bigger than the individual. And lots of individuals have put in some massive work for my club to put them up there.

Thankyou guys for your work. Thankyou LR. Im pumped!!!!!!! Thankyou fellow supporters for travelling and supporting the most beautiful club in the world.

PB.
Welcome aboard the China Train. Better late than never.:D

PB.
That's the advantage of cruising ... you can come home strong.

I don't know how he'll be able to speak given he has asthma. Just wheezing into the microphone.
The smog is so thick that it acts as a sound deadening device, interviews are impossible in these conditions as no sound can be created.
Due to this, an innovative protective cone with breathing apparatus was constructed just for the purpose of conducting player interviews.

#smogstorm
1494488721732.png

> Boak puts on the smog mask to deal with the Shanghai smogstorms
> Victorian media run with it, despite having no idea who Port Adelaide or Travis Boak are
> Boak - "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask"

CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES REPORT ALL FLIGHTS FULL AFTER CROWS BEAT ADELAIDE UNITED TO MAMMOTH SPONSORSHIP DEAL

View attachment 368013
Seems like China Southern Airlines are hedging their bets, and have extended their deal with Melbourne (you can't trust these Chinese) ... or perhaps there's a communication problem.

"Er ... is that the Melbourne Football Club? Er it's Nigel Smart here. From Adelaide Football Club?
Yes ... S ... M ... A ... R ... T .... Er, what's that ? A ... D ... E ... L ... A ... I ... D ... E.
Yes, well ... What am I calling about ? Well, er ... oh yes ... hasn't China Southern Airlines informed you that they are no longer sponsoring your club? They're sponsoring us now. Yes ... er ... C ... H ... I ... N ... A --
What? What's the problem? Well er I just saw Simon Goodwin being interviewed and you still have the China Southern logo showing on your backboard. That's not --
What? Er ... B ... A ... C ... K ... B ... O ... A ... R ... D "

Last edited:
I think this game is great, it has added a bit of interest into what is another groundhog season.

Seriously what an amazing effort to get this off the ground. I still can't believe that this type of arrangement was even in the ballpark,very proud of the club for not sitting idle in lil old SA.

Like Kochie said , Port Adelaide is a postcode and Souf Australia is just a pissant state....

Hi my fellow BFers from Chang Mai Thailand..

So close yet so far...
Flew in here on last moment planning yesterday and now am spewing I didn't get it together earlier and book seat for the China Game...

Wrapped with the club organising this connection with China and have also had my turn on a few of the forums enjoying myself sticking it up the usual naysayers .
( Surely some of that other mob down the road spend more time posting and worrying about what we do than their own club)

Proud to be a rabid Port Supporter and hope sorry.. Expect us to do well this weekend

Will be rooting for us ( don't go there) along with another mate and his gal from Adelaide flying in shortly at some bar in Chiangmai tommorrow.

It's history here in the making!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back