Hypocrisy of The Left - part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest asset of the "left" is the moronic stupidity of the cheer leaders of the "right"
The term violent left doesn't refer to an exclusive notion. It just means those on the left who are violent.

How about everyone is treated the same in the eyes of the law based on the actions they choose to commit and we don't get so hung up on their motivations.

Yep, but this isn't the way the current system works.

The correct adjustments need to ensure an equality of arms in a judicial setting.

I don't remember too many judges having press conferences to complain about political agendas.

Yep, but this isn't the way the current system works.

The correct adjustments need to ensure an equality of arms in a judicial setting.

I don't remember too many judges having press conferences to complain about political agendas.

Judges in the US are elected, that is the first step to disaster.

The whole point of the judge is because society can't be trusted to make a fair decision free of bias, agenda or ignorance but they can choose someone who is?

The title really set this thread up to fail from the start. I think there is an interesting discussion that could be had, but it shouldn't really be a left vs right thing i.e. are political activists/focus groups from both sides more violent these days? Has political violence replaced more peaceful forms of protest? Why are they more violent these days - in line with a more violent society or because it's the only way their voice is heard or simply violent dickheads using political issues as a vehicle and excuse to be violent etc? How do we curb this violence? Has it even gotten worse, or is it just that the media focus on the violent ones because it makes for better stories? Etc.

But yeah, this thread is doomed to be yet another 'left' vs 'right' shitfight.

How about everyone is treated the same in the eyes of the law based on the actions they choose to commit and we don't get so hung up on their motivations.
Shouldn't we have a plebiscite first, to determine if the majority of us feel that everyone should be treated the same in the eyes of the law?

The title really set this thread up to fail from the start. I think there is an interesting discussion that could be had, but it shouldn't really be a left vs right thing i.e. are political activists/focus groups from both sides more violent these days? Has political violence replaced more peaceful forms of protest? Why are they more violent these days - in line with a more violent society or because it's the only way their voice is heard or simply violent dickheads using political issues as a vehicle and excuse to be violent etc? How do we curb this violence? Has it even gotten worse, or is it just that the media focus on the violent ones because it makes for better stories? Etc.

But yeah, this thread is doomed to be yet another 'left' vs 'right' shitfight.
That is one topic, but also there is a particular conversation to be had with regards to mainstream leftist hate speech, which has become so common now, and its possible connection to violent leftist groups, which are on the rise according to terror experts.

Shouldn't we have a plebiscite first, to determine if the majority of us feel that everyone should be treated the same in the eyes of the law?

Let's forget about politics altogether and deal with the fact that the party that brings the biggest chip stack to a legal proceeding starts with an enormous advantage before a court even sits. How many folks of the "violent left" would fall in to this category?

Until this is dealt with then no one is equal in the eyes of the law.

The left expressly repudiate violence (unless in self defence or the defence of others, to an imminent threat, and when no other options are reasonably open to you).

If you step outside that repudiation of violence, from where I sit, you cease being 'left'.
Baader Meinhof
Red Brigades
Action Directe
Japanese Red Army
FARC
Weather Underground
Are now all right wing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The left expressly repudiate violence (unless in self defence or the defence of others, to an imminent threat, and when no other options are reasonably open to you).

If you step outside that repudiation of violence, from where I sit, you cease being 'left'.
One of those communism hasnt been implemented properly type arguments. Most left leaning govts have been violent. The lack of respect for liberty and individual rights combined with the collective certainty they are right has lead to execution re education etc. I would say violence is nearly always a outcome of left wing control.

The plebiscite wouldn't be for the laws sake, it would be the conversation ender whenever someone tries to subvert the spirit of it.

I'm very pro extra democracy, the more the population is asked the more comprehensive the answers. Rather than the old white men who managed to get 50.1% of the vote after the rest were slowly removed so most people don't vote for that person.

I wasn't saying it was for the laws sake.

Why shouldn't we have a plebiscite on this issue?

I edited my post, I think we should give the people the power as much as possible on ideology issues.

Have a referendum to enshrine the sacred rights and protect the vulnerable then open the doors for all major issues of policy to be decided by the population.

Are you concerned about the escalating violence from the Left lately? As I have mentioned in the past the most disturbing part has been the surety and justification for it. This probably goes all the way up to popular left wing comedians making vulgar jokes about right-wing figures; inappropriate commentary, bullying of the President's family, and so forth, which sets a very poor standard of acceptable behaviour. This kind of open hatred towards Trump and the GOP has got to be validating these left-wing extremists.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article156228494.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting thread.

Would be good to know whether it's a copycat of Isis type of arrangement or something else.

Heightened atmosphere of violence bringing out the worst in our wannabes.

They'll learn eventually. You can't be fascist for too long these days without a popular and deadly religion to hide behind.

The plebiscite wouldn't be for the laws sake, it would be the conversation ender whenever someone tries to subvert the spirit of it.

I'm very pro extra democracy, the more the population is asked the more comprehensive the answers. Rather than the old white men who managed to get 50.1% of the vote after the rest were slowly removed so most people don't vote for that person.
I edited my post, I think we should give the people the power as much as possible on ideology issues.

Have a referendum to enshrine the sacred rights and protect the vulnerable then open the doors for all major issues of policy to be decided by the population.

So for democracy's sake, you and I should have equal say in whether or not you can get married?

Where's your evidence that conservative policy has done more to undermine the family unit?

Progressives cant grasp that the state is the enemy of society, its kills the family structure, charitable giving etc etc.

Then again given how many progressives live off the state, one can argue its just self interest, grubby self interest but self interest nonetheless.

People like Jeremy Corbyn who have lived nearly their entire life at taxpayers cost, then demand tax rises.

#socialconscience.

Progressives cant grasp that the state is the enemy of society, its kills the family structure, charitable giving etc etc.

Then again given how many progressives live off the state, one can argue its just self interest, grubby self interest but self interest nonetheless.

People like Jeremy Corbyn who have lived nearly their entire life at taxpayers cost, then demand tax rises.

#socialconscience.

And people that have drunk from the neo liberal koolaid like yourself who pray at the invisible hand altar are silly enough to believe that individuals all working for their own collective self interest somehow makes society better

Just like extremist groups brainwash people into becoming terrorists, certain individuals in the media can do the same to impressionable people on the Left.

19145813_1452404991486473_3311578749579396707_n.jpg

The "violent left". Like the "compassionate right".

I'm sure they exist.
They do exist. There are any number of videos you can watch where violent left-wingers attack people.
'Here are three articles about the right, therefore, Lethality, your thread about those considered violent on the left is now redundant.'

There is no official doctrine of the 'left', so that's patently untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back