Training 2017 Season Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think with all this time at the club over the bye-period means that the boys are serious about getting things right (or better) for the second half of the season.

Sandilands, Ballantyne, Langdon to come back and Balic and Bennell maybe not too far off? We could be a really new-look time over the coming weeks if everything goes well.

I just want things to start gelling and making sense over the next 10 weeks so that we're ready to reload next year.

They train Wednesday and Friday if the match is on Sunday - my assumption is this is a special case due to the bye.

They may very well train 3x this week.
Ooh if anyone can find out when they're training this week that'd be awesome. I'm having to go to Perth this week and haven't seen the new facilities yet

I really think with all this time at the club over the bye-period means that the boys are serious about getting things right (or better) for the second half of the season.

Sandilands, Ballantyne, Langdon to come back and Balic and Bennell maybe not too far off? We could be a really new-look time over the coming weeks if everything goes well.

I just want things to start gelling and making sense over the next 10 weeks so that we're ready to reload next year.

They don't get 7 days off, only 5. I think some clubs only had 4 days off.

I'm hoping our R23 side will look a polar opposite to our R1 side.

Ooh if anyone can find out when they're training this week that'd be awesome. I'm having to go to Perth this week and haven't seen the new facilities yet

Sunday game so Wednesday and Friday.

I hope our R23 side will look similar to our R3 side.
R1 Side:

FB: Dawson - Hamling - Spurr
HB: Tucker - MJ - Suban
C: Hilly - Blakely - Billy
HF: D. Pearce - McCarthy - Langdon
FF: Sonny - Kersten - Weller
Foll: Sandi - Fyfe - Mundy
Int: Griff - Neale - Tucker - Sutcliffe

I'd love to see something like this in R23:

FB: Spurr - Hamling - Collins
HB: Ryan - A.Pearce - Hughes
C: Hilly - Mundy - Billy
HF: Weller - McCarthy - Langdon
FF: Sonny - Kersten - Bennell
Foll: Sandi - Fyfe - Neale
Int: Darcy - Blakely - Balic - Logue

MJ unlucky to miss but may not be playing for us next season.

Team looks good. 2018 looks promising, I would love to add forward pocket and another rebounding hbf.

We badly need a forward ruck, but this team is not far from a top 4 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R1 Side:

FB: Dawson - Hamling - Spurr
HB: Tucker - MJ - Suban
C: Hilly - Blakely - Billy
HF: D. Pearce - McCarthy - Langdon
FF: Sonny - Kersten - Weller
Foll: Sandi - Fyfe - Mundy
Int: Griff - Neale - Tucker - Sutcliffe

I'd love to see something like this in R23:

MJ unlucky to miss but may not be playing for us next season.

I'd have Nyhuis in for Spurr and Tucker in for Collins.

From the outside looking at how they've responded to the bye it seems like the Brisbane game might have been a bit of a wake up call. Hope it translates on Sunday

Harley Bennell trained with the main group according to AFL.com.au
Started with the main group, then went into running with Lachie Neale, Joel Hamling and Matt Uebergang. Looks very close to a run with Peel I would have thought.

Sandi came out very late for light workout with Zac Clark, Jon Griffin and Brady Grey.

Harley Balic pretty much as for Harley Bennell, main group then running.

No sign of Ed Langdon. Brad Hill appeared to roll an ankle but came back out. Griffin Logue got a knock on the knee but seemed to run it out OK.

Skills were generally poor with a few good patches thrown in, pretty much the way we are playing.

Started with the main group, then went into running with Lachie Neale, Joel Hamling and Matt Uebergang. Looks very close to a run with Peel I would have thought.

Sandi came out very late for light workout with Zac Clark, Jon Griffin and Brady Grey.

Harley Balic pretty much as for Harley Bennell, main group then running.

No sign of Ed Langdon. Brad Hill appeared to roll an ankle but came back out. Griffin Logue got a knock on the knee but seemed to run it out OK.

Skills were generally poor with a few good patches thrown in, pretty much the way we are playing.

Cheers mate. How did Stephen Hill look? Really struggled after coming back from his hammy and I think the bye came at a good time for him, did his movement suggest he could return to his early season form?

Cheers mate. How did Stephen Hill look? Really struggled after coming back from his hammy and I think the bye came at a good time for him, did his movement suggest he could return to his early season form?
He has looked OK at training, just hasn't translated to the field. I don't think Stephen plays well in the wet and we have had 3 wet ones in a row.

Sunday cold, wet and windy so I'm not expecting him to star :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back