Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Half a game Peel reserves
Restricted minutes or around 3 quarters for Peel League in his 2nd game.
Potentially another full game for his 3rd
Docker debut.
Are you serious?
Bennell playing for peel reserves.

Dunno about you fellas but I am never sore as I am about 3 qtrs through game one of a season. Makes sense to ease him in. He's had a long time off and no training can replicate 100% game intensity.
Play him in our forward line. Ball doesn't go there much anyway :p

Getting a few games into him would be good, but i'ld prefer a full preseason any day of the week! Think he needs the games for his mental wellbeing though. Then we can all sit through the media speculation about his contract expiring next year

Are you serious?
Bennell playing for peel reserves.
I can see Bennell playing half game of ressies. If he is only able to play 40mins total week one he will definitely play ressies for a week. As per 007 above he needs to gradually build into it. Why rush him back to AFL 2-years after last playing. Another injury and he is done for the year and delay to Preseason training.

Play him in our forward line. Ball doesn't go there much anyway :p

Getting a few games into him would be good, but i'ld prefer a full preseason any day of the week! Think he needs the games for his mental wellbeing though. Then we can all sit through the media speculation about his contract expiring next year
Forward line is definitely a good way for him to start. I just want to see him back and playing and give him a good lead into 2018.

Bennell playing at any level is a sight to tear up in joy. Fingers crossed no injuries and we get him in the freo team asap after dusting off the cobwebs

I can see Bennell playing half game of ressies. If he is only able to play 40mins total week one he will definitely play ressies for a week. As per 007 above he needs to gradually build into it. Why rush him back to AFL 2-years after last playing. Another injury and he is done for the year and delay to Preseason training.
I rather play him straight in for freo , this morabinto experimental won't work , one or two peel match then break down.

Let's get him to the playing stage first.
That's is what I mean , a few photo in training , people jumping at the ideal time for him to come back , this season he might end up like Jaeger after all. Before his injuries Jaeger footskill is a lot better than the current version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about you fellas but I am never sore as I am about 3 qtrs through game one of a season. Makes sense to ease him in. He's had a long time off and no training can replicate 100% game intensity.

Depends if you're up or down by 10 goals too. Never that sore when you're winning :)

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 27 JUNE, 2017
  • Jon Griffin (Calf) test [NEW]
  • Nat Fyfe (Chest) test [NEW]
  • Danyle Pearce (Calf) test [NEW]
  • Ed Langdon (Knee) test [no change]
  • Aaron Sandilands (Hamstring) test [no change]
  • Brady Grey (Hamstring) test [down from 1-2 weeks]
  • Harley Bennell (Calf) 1-2 weeks [down from 3 weeks]
  • Matthew Uebergang (Hamstring) TBA [no change]
  • Zac Clarke (Knee) TBA [no change]
  • Alex Pearce (Leg) TBA [no change]
  • Michael Apeness (Knee) Season [no change]

No mention of Sean Darcy's shoulder or Hayden Ballantyne's ankle. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
HARLEY BENNELL INJURY STATUS
  • 27/June: 1-2 weeks (4th-11th July)
  • 21/June: 3 weeks (12th July)
  • 13/June: 3-4 weeks (4th-11th July)
  • 6/June: 4 weeks (4th July)
  • 30/May: 4-5 weeks (27th June - 4th July)
  • 23/May: 5 weeks (27th June - overdue)
  • 16/May: 5-6 weeks (20th-27th June - overdue)
  • 9/May: 7 weeks (27th June - overdue)
  • 2/May: 6-8 weeks (13th-27th June - overdue)
  • 25/April: 9 weeks (27th June - overdue)
  • 18/April: 8-10 weeks (12th-26th June - overdue)
  • 10/April: 8-10 weeks (5th-19th June - overdue)
  • 4/April: TBA
  • 28/March: TBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back